Obama refused to increase background check

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Gun Background Check Recommendations Shelved By Justice Department: Report

According to the Times report, the Justice Department came up with a detailed list of recommendations, including making drastic improvements to the background check system for potential gun buyers:

It focused on ways to bolster the database the F.B.I. uses for background checks on gun purchasers, including using information on file at other federal agencies. Certain people are barred from buying guns, including felons, drug users, those adjudicated mentally “defective,” illegal immigrants and people convicted of misdemeanor offenses related to domestic violence.

For example, the study recommended that all agencies that give out benefits, like the Social Security Administration, tell the F.B.I. background-check system whenever they have made arrangements to send a check to a trustee for a person deemed mentally incompetent to handle his own finances, or when federal employees or job applicants fail a drug test. It also proposed setting up a system to appeal such determinations.

I know here in Idaho if you have a domestic violence ya can't get a ccw

You have been very critical of the president's attempts to take your guns even though it has never happened.

What does that have to do with domestic violence laws in Idaho?

Do you have a comment about the OP?

Don't know why my previous post doesn't show but what does domestic violence laws in Idaho have to do with the OP?

Gun Background Check Recommendations Shelved By Justice Department: Report

According to the Times report, the Justice Department came up with a detailed list of recommendations, including making drastic improvements to the background check system for potential gun buyers:

It focused on ways to bolster the database the F.B.I. uses for background checks on gun purchasers, including using information on file at other federal agencies. Certain people are barred from buying guns, including felons, drug users, those adjudicated mentally “defective,” illegal immigrants and people convicted of misdemeanor offenses related to domestic violence.

For example, the study recommended that all agencies that give out benefits, like the Social Security Administration, tell the F.B.I. background-check system whenever they have made arrangements to send a check to a trustee for a person deemed mentally incompetent to handle his own finances, or when federal employees or job applicants fail a drug test. It also proposed setting up a system to appeal such determinations.

You do realize, I hope, that there's an obvious reason for not strengthening background checks: There's no reason to because they're loading up right now to come seize every gun in America! Why...they'll be at every door in America first thing in the morning!

Ain't that right, Nutters?

Forum List

Back