Obama prosecutes 3 navy seals who captured terrorist

when did the obamie give up being cic? :confused:/QUOTE]

Yes, you are confused, because your statement demonstrates just how much you don't know about the military justice system, the safeguards of accountability and responsibility built into it, and the real efforts by chains of command to not unfairly influence the subordinate convening authorities.

Stop kneejerking and start thinking, willow.

I'm thinking I agree with the Republicans who are calling for an end to this bullshit.

when did the obamie give up being cic? :confused:/QUOTE]

Yes, you are confused, because your statement demonstrates just how much you don't know about the military justice system, the safeguards of accountability and responsibility built into it, and the real efforts by chains of command to not unfairly influence the subordinate convening authorities.

Stop kneejerking and start thinking, willow.

I'm thinking I agree with the Republicans who are calling for an end to this bullshit.

The pubs have the right (as do any dems) to do just that. I know how the UCMJ works, and the OP is absolutely moronic. My personal opinion is that the chain of command over reacted.

One more time, for all you righty retired lifer types.

The policy regarding the abuse and/or torture of detainees in U.S. custody is clear.

Torture and/or abuse of said detainees is a violation of federal law and is in direct and willful violaton of international law.

The U.S. does NOT torture and/or abuse prisoners.

For all you so-called flag waving, mother loving, apple pie eating military types, you know that any torture and/or abuse of prisoners is a violation of the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) and the U.S. Manual for Courts-Martial (USMCM). You know that becuse if any of you really did in fact ever serve in the military, you were taught those very important facts.

It does not matter if you like the policy or not. It matters that the policy is in fact no torture and/or abuse of prisoners.

You do not have to like the orders, you just have to obey the orders, or so I was told when I entered basic training.

The terrorist multiliated, burned, and publically hung 4 americans.

So what if he got punched in the stomach?

Fine, take away the seals dessert away for one night. That's about all it warrants.

Fine, take away the seals dessert away for one night. That's about all it warrants.

It is not a serious crime to me, though I would have administratively punished them with a slap on the wrist if I had been the commander. However, the SEALS have elected a court-martial rather than accept NJP. That is their right to do so. They think, apparently, they committed no crime, and they want to be judged by a court-martial. If they are innocent, they will be found not guilty.

That's how the system works.

Can I see his conviction papers for that crime? Or are you presuming his guilt? If indeed the assault against the detainee happened, was that justice as prescribed by law, or was that just a single person selfishly administering extrajudicial justice?

Did the Founders support extra-judicial justice?

Last edited:
Well, I commented on this before in another similar thread.

The issue is not whether or not these troops beat up, slapped or otherwise abused the prisoner. The issue is whether or not they conspired to lie about it. I'm pretty certain that MG Cleveland doesn't really care whether or not the scumbag terrorist lives to see another day. However, when men under his command break discipline, then the general is correct to pursue this matter. Discipline is the backbone of the military. You don't get special privileges just because you're a SEAL, RANGER, SF'er or wear any of the other "yeah-I-been-there" patches that get the wannabes oohing and ahhing and creaming themselves.

The press manages to get things so screwed up in their so-called "reporting" that I am amazed any of these news organizations pull in a profit. Perhaps not enough people sue them for their irresponsible and inaccurate bullshit they call "journalism."

The myth is that this is based all on the claim by this terrorist dirtbag that he was abused. The fact is that there is at least one witness perhaps more who saw the abuse, and they reported it. Even so, the command offered the SEALS non-judicial punishment. THEY opted for a court martial, which is entirely within their right to do so. THEY turned it into a political issue when they did that. Don't know if that was their intent, but that's the result. And they are wrong for doing it. I don't expect anyone who never served to understand the concept of honor, but that's what it comes down to: they have dishonored the service.

I have no qualms about gutting out a fellow human being; war is dirty business. However, the US military is not a bunch of barbarians. There are fundamental principles of order and discipline that have to be maintained ESPECIALLY in war. Charlie Cleveland knows that better than anyone. He's been doing that for a long time; probably long before many of those who criticize him were born. MG Cleveland is well-respected in the snake-eater community. I'd follow him to Hell and back.

The military court system is very fair. It's probably more fair than its civilian counterpart. Military convening authorities don't put up with lawyer antics. These SEALS will get a fair trial. But they need to heed the old Greek saying: "be careful what you wish for...you just might get it."

rltw

The Seals pension would be taken away if they agreed and they would have been for dishonarably discharged.

And this is for....punching a terrorist that they caught that multiated, burned, and publically hung 4 americans?

I don't blame them for fighting such lunacy.

Can I see his conviction papers for that crime? Or are you presuming his guilt? If indeed the assault against the detainee happened, was that justice as prescribed by law, or was that just a single person selfishly administering extrajudicial justice?

Did the Founders support extra-judicial justice?

We are in a war. We don't need conviction papers :cuckoo:

The terrorist multiliated, burned, and publically hung 4 Americans. So what if he got punched in the stomach?

What you do not miention that the "4 Americans" in question were in Mercs, Black Water Mercs who had shot and killed Iraqi Civilians, and had been allowed to not only carry their weapons, but to engage operations in Iraq after the killings.

Are you saying that Americans should be allowed to murder without being held accountable for their actions?

Why do you care if a mass murdering terrorist, who mutilated, burned, and publically hung 4 americans gets a bloody lip when he is captured?:cuckoo:

Why do you not care about the law? Do you not understand that the law is above all men? Why do you not care about soldiers lying in violation of U.S. law? Do you think Navy Seals should be held above the law?

Thanks for the negrep on this one nonelitist - you fucking elitist snob POS

I didn't give you a negative rep spider twat

I thought you were calling me a non elitist. You responded to my post.

cmike, are you able to read and comprehend this? Then comprehend this, please: go take a basic logic and analysis course before you drive all of us, including the few who agree with you, stark raving bonkers.

Forum List

Back