Obama promises Union workers "special" deal on taxing their cadillac plans.

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by oreo, Jan 15, 2010.

1. oreo

oreo Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,165
    On Tuesday--12 major labor unions met with Obama & basically threatened him--if he signed a bill that would tax their workers cadillac health care plans.

On Wednesday--this is what Obama did:
    Obama began meeting with twelve top Democrats at 9 p.m., Wednesday and the meeting has no scheduled end time. This comes after most of the same lawmakers spent more than eight hours at the White House on Wednesday trying to hammer out a deal.

On Tuesday, Obama told union leaders who came to the White House to express their opposition to the excise taxes that they would not deter him and they must accept the tax in some form. Under those conditions, union leaders sought various exemptions, even though some in their membership adamantly opposed any tax on health benefits.

Republican critics called the union deal another back-room favor handed out in secret talks that violated Obama's promise of transparency.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...s-white-house-late-night-health-reform-talks/

:lol::lol::lol: Can this administration get any more corrupt than this--:lol::lol::lol: I don't think so. Anything democrats can do to keep that huge voting block called labor unions & screw the rest of you non-union workers-(in fact 31 million of you)-who will be required to pay tax on the health benefits your employer pays for--2 years before a union worker will be required to pay for it--LOL

"Change you can believe in"

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  2. Claudette

Claudette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,783
    Did anyone expect anything less??? I sure didn't.

Was listening to Judge Napalitano the other day and according to him something like this is unconstitutional. He says that you can't treat one group of folks differently from another on any issue according to the Constitution. I will check my copy but I trust the Judge on this one.

3. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    The payoffs continue

Now expect to have your earnings taxed more to pay for these payoffs...

4. Midnight Marauder

Midnight Marauder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    You all know this story is false. Obama said he wouldn't be beholden to ANY special interests and he's not.

5. Maple

Maple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +568

This is absolute corruption to the core!!!! It's in your face, it's flagrant disregard for the constitution and the general American public. First, the Louisianna Purchase, the Corn Husker kick back, the great deal in Florida where by seniors who live in THAT state get to keep their Medicare advantage programs while seniors in all other 49 states lose theirs.
    Now the UNIONS!!!!!!

Dear citizens of the United States. Is this what you want????? Corruption, deception, congressional and senate whores selling their votes with the American tax payer flipping the bill?? If it is, then this is not the America I grew up in.

6. Maple

Maple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +568

The Unions are in the back pocket of the Democratic party, they are a major contributor to their campaign funds. I have never seen such social and moral injustice as I am witnessing now. Not in my lifetime.

7. oreo

oreo Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,165

DID YOU WATCH ABC NEWS last night?---::cuckoo: This was Stephanoplis's report--Da-Duh--Da--Duh--Da--Duh.

In other words for you brainless liberals--this story is not only coming from Fox News.
    By this weekend it will be all over every network--with the exception of MSNBC--(the dumb down America channel.) Not to scare you liberals but the overwhelming majority of working Americans are non-UNION--& they will be paying taxes on their health care benefits long before union workers do.

That's Obama's special deal.

How's all that hopey & changey working for ya?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  8. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,737
    Sort of makes you wonder about a bill that can only be passed with so many payoffs and bribes now doesn't it? What was that about transparancy Obama was talking about? Something about we would be able to see on C Span who was making all the sweetheart deals in Congress with the special interest groups... And the Democrats wonder why it is that the American public has such a low regard for the President and the members of Congress? Where are all the loud-mouthed liberal Obama supporters today here on the board? I don't see the usual group of sheep all coming to Obama's aid and comfort...

9. Midnight Marauder

Midnight Marauder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    It's working GREAT!!! Obama's the gretest President EVER!!!

10. Claudette

Claudette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,783

The real kicker is that the bribes are for Dems. They have to bribe members of their own party to get them to vote for this clusterfuck bill. Its not even bribing the Reps to get em on board. Its all Dems. Jeeze.