Obama Promised To Remove The Red Tape For Sandy Victims. Fat Chance.

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by mudwhistle, Nov 20, 2012.

1. mudwhistle

mudwhistle Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,230
    [​IMG]

The story is a common one. Homeless people in Long Island being told that their home is uninhabitable or that it has been condemned. Notices on their doors from inspectors telling them that they need another inspection. Many of them are in limbo waiting over 3 weeks now for another inspection to see if they can start repairing their homes or if they have to raise the structure and start from scratch.

Obama said that he would remove all of the red tape......but it still remains. Nothing has been changed. If anything the bureaucratic mess is even more complex.

If anyone thinks that depending on government solves all of your problems think again. I had to change my insurance during the open season period that hits this time of the year because of changes caused by the Affordable Health Care Act. I received letters telling me where to go to find information on what to do to simply change my policy from 222 to F52. After searching for hours going from the website that was listed in the letter then referred to another website and then another website I found out that I was back where I started.

Truth is the only way you can get anything done when you deal with government is know the system inside and out. That way you can find the shortcuts in the system. But without going through the runaround.

Well, there's the rub. Why do you think it took thousands of pages to describe Obamacare?

Because there are so many hidden roadblocks in the program, many even Congress doesn't know. We had to pass it first to be able to understand it.

The confusing nature of any government program or any government system that is what makes it so undesirable. Knowing that you have to deal with it is enough to make some businesses close their doors.

Fact is, government is good at making the simplest thing extremely complex. That alone is what is causing the mess in New York after hurricane Sandy and is why unemployment will skyrocket now that Obama is back to screw things up for 4 more years. There is no direction, no answers, no sense to the mess. Ft Campbell is feeling the same thing as every other military installation. We ask for direction from the top and none is forthcoming. At least with Bush we knew where to start but with Obama we don't even have that. So it's no surprise to us that Obama gives a speech telling Sandy victims that he's on the job.....then he goes to Thailand and Cambodia for God only knows what.

[​IMG]

2. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,785
    Romney lost.

3. blastoff

blastoff Undocumented Reg. User

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,611
    Who won or lost the election I doubt is much on the minds of people still suffering the effects of Sandy and being bound up in that red tape..

4. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,318
    Sandy was a huge storm. And the governments actions, at all levels, county, state, and federal, was magnitudes better than what we saw in Katrina. Were there things that could have been done better? Of course, ever time we have a disaster this large, we learn new vulnebilities. However, kudos to Christie, Cuomo, and Bloomberg. And also, our President.

Of course their are people that are still suffering. Many lost their homes and most of their possesions. That is not going to be ok for them for many years. Many lost family members. That will never be ok. And a great many of those homes will not be rebuilt. In some cases, the very land the houses were built on no longer exists.

The fact that you wish to use this to claim incompetance on the part of the President and the government is simply another expression of your hatred of a good man, and disdain for reality. This kind of nonsense lost you and those like you an election. It will lose more if you continue in this vein.

5. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    OMG, will their childish whining never stop?

6. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,785
  7. mudwhistle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,230
    There no evidence that this disaster is being handled any better than Katrina. If you have any please show it.

As for Obama, I'm simply pointing out his penchant for empty rhetoric.

He doesn't back up his bullshit in other words.

Bush often said how difficult the situation was but at least he didn't promise steak and deliver a shit-sandwich instead.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  8. Oldstyle

Oldstyle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,312
    After basking in the warm glow of a fawning main stream media as he toured the hurricane stricken areas and using that disaster to divert everyone's attention from the debacle in Libya... what has Barack Obama actually DONE for the people affected by Sandy?

Now that the election is over...Barry is off to the Far East to do a little "meet and greet". While he's doing that FEMA is struggling to meet the challenges of Sandy's aftermath and the Middle East is threatening to go up in flames which would send the price of oil sky rocketing again. Those are the tough issues we face and as he usually does, Barack Obama avoids the tough issues. He's doing what he does best...put miles on Air Force One heading "elsewhere".

9. mudwhistle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,230
    I've been asking myself that since you lost the 2000 election.

10. mudwhistle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,230
    Need I quote what he said?

Cutting "all of" the red-tape means streamlining the process.

The problem being that there is no evidence on the ground that Obama has influenced changes. Homeowners are in a holding pattern. FEMA has told them to go to the internet to look for answers, found none, then discovered a pink slip on their doors telling them not to enter and wait for the city to get back with them. Homeowners are still waiting on the city to grant them the right to start rebuilding on their own.

And you compassionate individuals on the left think this is better than Katrina. I guess because the media for the most part is focusing on missiles crashing into Israel. Lemmings following the media's lead.