Obama Pledges to Continue Crackdown on 'Irresponsible Behavior'

Doc91678

Rookie
Nov 13, 2012
Binghamton
By DANIEL HALPER
January 26, 2013

President Barack Obama pledged this morning in his weekly radio address to continue to crackdown on "irresponsible behavior."

"Here in America, we know the free market is the greatest force for economic progress the world has ever known. But we also know the free market works best for everyone when we have smart, commonsense rules in place to prevent irresponsible behavior," Obama began.

"That’s why we passed tough reforms to protect consumers and our financial system from the kind of abuse that nearly brought our economy to its knees. And that’s why we’ve taken steps to end taxpayer-funded bailouts, and make sure businesses and individuals who do the right thing aren’t undermined by those who don’t.

"But it’s not enough to change the law – we also need cops on the beat to enforce the law. And that’s why, on Thursday, I nominated Mary Jo White to lead the Securities and Exchange Commission, and Richard Cordray to continue leading the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. . .

***snip***

Continue reading: --->
Obama Pledges to Continue Crackdown on 'Irresponsible Behavior' | The Weekly Standard

So, when it comes to people who create jobs and wealth, he will not tolerate irresponsible behavior. I can only imagine how he defines that. He's already cracking down on oil companies, insurance companies and any other company that doesn't kiss liberal butt. The only companies he didn't call irresponsible were Solyndra and the other green companies that took billions of our money as a gift and made it vanish with nothing to show for it.

Yet, we are supposed to pay for government dependents who constantly engage in irresponsible behavior.

And what about the habitual irresponsible behavior of politicians in Washington? They are the worst among us. They put us in debt. They made stupid rules and regulations. They come up with useless programs that do nothing but gobble up money. We need to crackdown on politicians!

Clementine -

Did you support the behaviour of Bernard Madoff?

Do you think it might be wise to have some structures in place to limit such acitivity?

Can we just go ahead and kill all the obese people in this country?

Please.

We can use the "irresponsible behavior" meme to do it and get rid of those disgusting eye sores. Plus the fuckers stink, too.

• Banned
Clementine -

Do you think it might be wise to have some structures in place to limit such acitivity?

If I were you, I'd rethink that reply. From what I understand Madoff was a huge contibutor to the Democratic Party and in partcular Barack Maobama.

Madoff was major Democratic campaign contributor – CNN …

Madoff was major Democratic campaign contributor ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Dec 17, 2008 · In 2008, Madoff contributed $50,000 to the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, ... No surprise, he is a big donor for Obama's campaign. Schumer has has long bouts of crying since Madoff was carted off to jail.

I wonder if this applies to him?

somehow I DOUBT IT..

He is the WORST when it come to IRRESPONSIBLE BEHAVIOR

wasting our tax dollars on green energy to his buddies, stepping on the Constitution

he can go to hell preaching to us

Clementine -

Where's Bernie Madoff today?

Where's Jon Corzine, who stole $1.6B from his customers?

Last edited:
Doc -

Why should I or anyone else care who he gave money to?

Does being a campaign contributer make him somehow less guilty?

You bet your fucking ass!

corzineobama2.jpg

"Barry, I hear you needed $1B for your campaign. Guess how much I just stole my from customers?"

President Barack Obama pledged this morning in his weekly radio address to continue to crackdown on "irresponsible behavior."

So...he's finally going to crack down on the Democrat-controlled Senate, huh?

Forum List

Back