Obama picks Lobbyist for #2 spot in Pentagon

Of course not, I listened to the GOP blame Clinton for the last 8 years..

Why should this be any different, apparently the presidency has no accountability any more, things that go good you can take credit for, all the problems get blamed on your predecessor.

true.

yes, i do.

i only vote to counter morons like you. thanks for asking.

Counter what? Apparently you want people to believe there is no difference. So what do you care if the guy I like wins? No difference, remember? :eusa_liar:

Sorry I'm calling you guys out on this tactic. If people know what you are doing, it won't be as effective.

When the GOP screws up, which they did the last 8 years, the people on the right switch into "they're all the same" or "there's no difference" mode. Its bullshit.

What I find funny is that you guys deny there is even a problem and then once you can't deny it anymore, then you suggest you are the ones who can fix it. :lol:

Global warming, the economy, the quagmires in Iraq and Afganistan, Gas prices, housing market.

Too late. You had your chance. And if Obama does stay the course, you should be thrilled! If Obama hires a lobbyist, you should be thrilled that the special interests you defended the last 8 years will continue to get special treatment.

So let's party!!! :clap2:

Counter what? Apparently you want people to believe there is no difference. So what do you care if the guy I like wins? No difference, remember? :eusa_liar:

Sorry I'm calling you guys out on this tactic. If people know what you are doing, it won't be as effective.

When the GOP screws up, which they did the last 8 years, the people on the right switch into "they're all the same" or "there's no difference" mode. Its bullshit.

What I find funny is that you guys deny there is even a problem and then once you can't deny it anymore, then you suggest you are the ones who can fix it. :lol:

Global warming, the economy, the quagmires in Iraq and Afganistan, Gas prices, housing market.

Too late. You had your chance. And if Obama does stay the course, you should be thrilled! If Obama hires a lobbyist, you should be thrilled that the special interests you defended the last 8 years will continue to get special treatment.

as i said, thanks for not disappointing me. :cuckoo:

Touche.

Bush supporters spent most of the last 8 years telling us Iraq was a great idea, that the economy was just fine - we weren't heading for a meltdown, and that tax cuts for the rich, and deregulation of the markets were a panacea for job growth and economic nirvana.

Does anyone take their opinions seriously anymore?

You know what killed the Soviet Union? It wasn't Reagan, it was the fact that they appointed worthless political hacks to positions of power that required industry expertise that said political hacks did not possess. Deja Vu

Touche.

Bush supporters spent most of the last 8 years telling us Iraq was a great idea, that the economy was just fine - we weren't heading for a meltdown, and that tax cuts for the rich, and deregulation of the markets were a panacea for job growth and economic nirvana.

Does anyone take their opinions seriously anymore?

Yes, corporations take them seriously. Look at 2004-2006 corporate profits. They broke records!!!

Hospitals, Insurers, oil, etc.

Where is that money? I think it is gone, just like the $750 billion we gave the banks.

2004: Recent data show a major shift in the balance between corporate income and labor compensation. As a share of the economy labor compensation has not been this low in almost 40 years (since 1966), and after-tax corporate profits are at the highest levels ever recorded by the Bureau of Economic Analysis.

Corporate Profits at Record Highs, While Labor Compensation - Income/Wealth Inequality - Federal Budget & Tax - OMB Watch

You know what killed the Soviet Union? It wasn't Reagan, it was the fact that they appointed worthless political hacks to positions of power that required industry expertise that said political hacks did not possess. Deja Vu

You know what happened to Bush? He appointed buddies to political positions they had no business being in charge of.

Heck of a job Brownie was a horse trainer.

Remember the nukes that accidently flew over the US? The guy running that agency was a loyal bushie.

Every scandal, all the fraud, waste, corruption, stolen money, etc. all Bush buddies who didn't know how to run government.

But they are crazy good business men. And its easy when you socialize the losses and privatize the profits.

In doing this they're proving they're no better than the republicans who defended Bush for every shitty decision he made. Gotta love those that toe the party line at all costs!:doubt:

Torture, lying about how iraq was going, or lying about why we went in, lying that the economy was doing fine, lying about why they fired 8 us attorneys, lying about leaking a cia agents name, lying about why gas prices were so high, lying about descretionary spending, politicizing the justice dept, etc.

Let us know when Obama tells a big lie. This one is boring and minor.

McCain flat out LIED and you knew he was lying, yet still you voted for him. Now I'll overlook this one if Obama does a good job.

You overlooked Bush's lies and he was doing a horrible job.

You protected him for 8 years. Had you not, maybe we could have stopped him, but because he knew he had at least the support of 30% of America, he knew he could do whatever he wanted.

The fact is, WE will turn on Obama if he is as lousy as Bush. Who did Bush have to be as bad as before you would turn on him? Hoover? Guess what? He was worse!!!:lol:

Last edited:
Clinton was certainly better than Bush and Obama will be too.

You argued too hard for there to be no difference.

I suspect this is your last argument. You can't say any GOP is good so instead you'll attack the dems to try to bring them down to your level.

Sorry, I remember what Tom Delay and Bush did together from 2000-2006. That's the timeframe where they really really raped us good.

Now if Obama does as much damage to the middle class as the GOP did, then I'll agree with you.

But don't you dare say he'll do worse, because remember, to you they are all the same. :lol:

I haven't voted for a republican presidential candidate since....let me think.......Oh yeah NEVER

Precisely because there is no difference.

Sealy, when I referenced the Soviet Union, I wasn't condemning just the Democrats. I was condemning the Democrats AND the Republicans. I don't see much of a difference between them. Bush is just as guilty of "hacksmanship" as your guy Obama will be.

You pick an establishment, media backed candidate, and you get what you deserve.

The thing about the american political process that should be understood by all concerned is that when you vote for a given political candidate you arealso voting for the lobbyists that support him...

Sealy, when I referenced the Soviet Union, I wasn't condemning just the Democrats. I was condemning the Democrats AND the Republicans. I don't see much of a difference between them. Bush is just as guilty of "hacksmanship" as your guy Obama will be.

Bush isn't "just as guilty", he's THE MOST guilty. Lets compare. BJ to WMD's.

Torture to sexual harrassment.

Waco to taking Habius Corpus away from American citizens.

Spying and outting a cia agents name for political purposes....

The one thing that bugged me about Clinton was that he supposedly sold secrets to China. Can that be confirmed? Something fishy went on.

But I'll give you this. I used to think Bill Clinton could walk on water and today I am not thrilled with some of the stuff he did, like sign NAFTA and deregulated the media.

So the times I don't like Bill are the times he went along with what the GOP wanted.

All you have to do is look at each parties position to know which party is the worse. On pollution, the GOP sucks more. On labor/economy, the GOP sucks more. On the war, they were wrong. When are they ever on the right side of any argument?

Bottom line, if you are mega rich, the GOP is for you. If you are not, the Dems are really your only option. One party works against the middle class and the other "sort of" works for the middle class. My grandma says, "at least the dems give a dog a bone every once in awhile".

The Libertarian party scares me. Every man for himself? No social services from the government? And no reason why they won't be just as corrupt/bad as the GOP/Dems if they ever got into power too.

Revenge of the right.

After all those years of trying to support the mindlessly idiotic policies of George Bush .. and getting slammed and beaten to death with truth and the reality of right-wing failures .. now they have Obama to slam .. and in this case, justifiably so.

Obama said there would be no place for lobbyists in his administration, then he hires a lobbyists. Not much to argue here.

The odd thing about all this is Obama is in many ways much closer to the right than he is to the left. Sure, Obama lied about lobbyists, but surely the right aren't whining about lobbyists. :eusa_angel:

Obama's supporters get left with trying to defend him on the same policies they slammed Bush for.

The correctness of the right on this point is purely technical .. Obama lied .. not the correctness that lobbyists have no place in government.

I wonder how many of the right are going to point out Obama's emphasis on tax cuts? I wonder how many democrats are going to defend them?

Last edited:
Revenge of the right.

After all those years of trying to support the mindlessly idiotic policies of George Bush .. and getting slammed and beaten to death with truth and the reality of right-wing failures .. now they have Obama to slam .. and in this case, justifiably so.

Obama said there would be no place for lobbyists in his administration, then he hires a lobbyists. Not much to argue here.

The odd thing about all this is Obama is in many ways much closer to the right than he is to the left. Sure, Obama lied about lobbyists, but surely the right aren't whining about lobbyists. :eusa_angel:

Obama's supporters get left with trying to defend him on the same policies they slammed Bush for.

The correctness of the right on this point is purely technical .. Obama lied .. not the correctness that lobbyists have no place in government.

I wonder how many of the right are going to point out Obama's emphasis on tax cuts? I wonder how many democrats are going to defend them?

So true.

You know what I hear when I listen to right wingers bash Obama? I hear, "see, he's just as bad as we are". :lol:

But hiring one lobbyist is a far cry from this:

The K Street Project was an effort by the Republican Party (GOP) to pressure Washington lobbying firms to hire only Republicans in top positions, and to reward loyal GOP lobbyists with access to influential officials. It was launched in 1995 by Republican strategist Grover Norquist and then-House majority whip Tom DeLay. It has been criticized as being part of a "coziness" between the GOP and large corporations which has allegedly allowed business to rewrite government regulations affecting their own industries in some cases (see Dick Cheney energy task force).

So true.

You know what I hear when I listen to right wingers bash Obama? I hear, "see, he's just as bad as we are". :lol:

But hiring one lobbyist is a far cry from this:

The K Street Project was an effort by the Republican Party (GOP) to pressure Washington lobbying firms to hire only Republicans in top positions, and to reward loyal GOP lobbyists with access to influential officials. It was launched in 1995 by Republican strategist Grover Norquist and then-House majority whip Tom DeLay. It has been criticized as being part of a "coziness" between the GOP and large corporations which has allegedly allowed business to rewrite government regulations affecting their own industries in some cases (see Dick Cheney energy task force).

This is true .. but the problem is that democrats aren't much better.

Two words .. Joe Biden.

He's the lobbyist poster child for politicians .. so Obama lied when he said there would be no place for lobbyists when he hired Biden.

Where do you think all that money came from during his campaign .. and if you're going to suggest small donors you would be wrong. Obama got about as much from small donors as Bush did in '04. That was the mindfuck.

What's real is a lot of that money came from the people lobbyists work for .. and from lobbyists themselves.

BOTH political parties dance to the same beat the puppetmasters play. Obama is no different.

By the way .. guess who's out front trying to get the last half of the "rescue plan" .. more billions of dollars .. released into the hands of corporations who won't even say where the money went when they first got it?

amabO.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back