Obama Opposes Releasing Photos of U.S. Detainee Abuse

Not releasing the photos so as not to further inflame the passions of the people in the countries we occupy is clearly the right decision.

Of course Obama haters call it a "pussy" decision. If he had released them Obama haters would have castigted him for lack of consern for the troops.

Just because the pictures have not been released for public consumption does not mean they will not be used to try and convict Bush, Cheney and the rest of the torture gang.

No actually, in a thread I started under politics I called it right decision.. and for the record,, speaking only for myself,, no obama hater,, just hate his policies,, and his apologist ways,, I'll be proud of him when he's proud of us and not a second before. thanks for listening.

Yeah, that's it, Obama is not proud of America. But you're not an Obama hater...

good decision obama...nice to see in this situation he ignored the rabid left and instead acted as a good CIC and seeks to protect the troops.

i thought that some of the libs that posted in this thread said earlier it actually was a good decision, now they are saying this is a good decision...can't find the thread, but would be fun to see for grins and giggles

Not releasing the photos so as not to further inflame the passions of the people in the countries we occupy is clearly the right decision.

Of course Obama haters call it a "pussy" decision. If he had released them Obama haters would have castigted him for lack of consern for the troops.

Just because the pictures have not been released for public consumption does not mean they will not be used to try and convict Bush, Cheney and the rest of the torture gang.

No actually, in a thread I started under politics I called it right decision.. and for the record,, speaking only for myself,, no obama hater,, just hate his policies,, and his apologist ways,, I'll be proud of him when he's proud of us and not a second before. thanks for listening.

Yeah, that's it, Obama is not proud of America. But you're not an Obama hater...

I only go by what I know.. he started being unable to wear a flag pin,, now he does, his whole life he's selected terrorists, anarchists, and marxists to hang out with.. it took his wife 45 years to say she was proud.. since his election he's traveled the whole world bowing scraping and apologizing for us.. no I'm not a hater, nor am I a supporter..

I don't get it. At first he made bad decision by announcing release of the photos. Now he changes his mind and decides not to release photos and that’s generally accepted as a good decision. To me, it looks that he has to make bad decision first, just to be able to change his mind and get the credit for making a good decision.

Ame®icano;1213311 said:
I don't get it. At first he made bad decision by announcing release of the photos. Now he changes his mind and decides not to release photos and that’s generally accepted as a good decision. To me, it looks that he has to make bad decision first, just to be able to change his mind and get the credit for making a good decision.

dosen't matter how long it takes him,, if he makes a good decision give him credit.. now we'll see how he holds up against the ACLU,, cause they are pissed.

Ame®icano;1213311 said:

dosen't matter how long it takes him,, if he makes a good decision give him credit.. now we'll see how he holds up against the ACLU,, cause they are pissed.

Somehow I can accept that. Now, if his decision not to release photos is a good decision, then his first decision to release them was wrong. Does he gats a "credit" for that too and if he was wrong with his first decision to release photos, does it means that all those that were defending his first decision were also wrong?

Obama did not say he was going to destroy the photos. Just not releasing them for public consumtion. They will still be evidence of law breaking.

Remember when Repubs were all about the ruke of law? Let's see, when was that? Oh yeah, when Bill Clinton was caught lying about whom he'd had sex with. "Why we had to impeach the President, otherwise it would destroy the rule of law".

Now Repubs torture their own principles as well as prisoners.

Obama did not say he was going to destroy the photos. Just not releasing them for public consumtion. They will still be evidence of law breaking.

Remember when Repubs were all about the ruke of law? Let's see, when was that? Oh yeah, when Bill Clinton was caught lying about whom he'd had sex with. "Why we had to impeach the President, otherwise it would destroy the rule of law".

I would like to ask you: what law was broken?

Ame®icano;1213346 said:

Torture is against the law.

I'm now officially an Obama hater! :rofl:

I guess according to the Obama ball washers, all it takes to be a hater is to disagree with him once. :lol:

Is protecting those on the ground a pussy act? If so, why?

I don't buy that line of reasoning...one bit.

Next
So you think he made that up. Why do you think he decided against it?

I don't buy the argument that it puts our soldiers in any more peril than they're already in just by being there. I think he decided against it because he is foolishly trying to curry favor with political adversaries... and not only won't that work, but it's a decidely pussy move.

Two things immediately strike me about this story.

1. Who is the stupid retard taking pictures.

and

2. Obama really can be quite a pussy.

Number 1 - Good question!

Number 2 - Why do you think this makes him a "pussy" ?

Number 3 - Is that Barbie in your avatar again? :razz:

1) Why thank you!

2) See above response to Ravi

3) I don't recall my sister's Barbie doll having an ass even remotely resembling that sweet dumper in my avatar...and believe me, I'd remember! :D

Ame®icano;1213346 said:

Torture is against the law.

I agree.

But I do have a question:

Does US law clearly specify what is torture?

i think Obama made the right call on this one, even though he had made a bad call to even think about releasing them
clearly either he finally saw them and knew it would be better not to release them, or someone close to him did

i think Obama made the right call on this one, even though he had made a bad call to even think about releasing them
clearly either he finally saw them and knew it would be better not to release them, or someone close to him did

hopefully he is maturing and is finally taking responsibility for being the CIC...and realizes that hey, what really is the purpose of this, it is going to get our troops killed more than likely and really, releasing them is just political meadowmuffins...

Well there was no photo op for him and it would just show he doesn't have "The People" first ....

hopefully he is maturing and is finally taking responsibility for being the CIC...and realizes that hey, what really is the purpose of this, it is going to get our troops killed more than likely and really, releasing them is just political meadowmuffins...

Nah, either some poll they looked at said his original decision was "bad" OR he found out something that would slap him in the face later down the road. He didn't do it for the "troops". If that were true the democrats wouldn't have been undermining them for the last several years.

Nah, either some poll they looked at said his original decision was "bad" OR he found out something that would slap him in the face later down the road. He didn't do it for the "troops". If that were true the democrats wouldn't have been undermining them for the last several years.

LOL...

Well, The Lord of the Idiots did what he WANTED to do when he conceded to the ACLU... and he definitely polled this and he DEFINITELY got an ear full from the Americans in those polls; and FTR; every single one of the Subjects of King Hussein who are in here touching peters, caught between outrage and the inability to criticize the subversive fuck... were, to the individual, ALL for his original decision to declassify and release the Memos and the photos.

But it IS a bright decision to withdraw support... as to have done so would have sunk his Presidency right on the spot; now we are left to endure the death by a thousand economic cuts... which ironically will result from absolutely NO economic cuts... except from that military he is so recently fond of...

Last edited:

Yes, because even what you admit was the right decision couldn't possibly be done for the right reasons, because that would force you to admit that maybe Obama isn't the antichrist come to rule us for seven years.

Can you people please get a grip?

I don't buy that line of reasoning...one bit.

Next
So you think he made that up. Why do you think he decided against it?

I don't buy the argument that it puts our soldiers in any more peril than they're already in just by being there. I think he decided against it because he is foolishly trying to curry favor with political adversaries... and not only won't that work, but it's a decidedly pussy move.

No way. He could have made the apparently politically expedient move yet he did the right thing instead. Far from "pussy".

ACLU attorney Amrit Singh, who argued and won the case in front of the 2nd U.S. Court of Appeals in New York. "It is essential that these photographs be released so that the public can examine for itself the full scale and scope of prisoner abuse that was conducted in its name."

The new case is a contrast to Obama's decision last month to release documents that documents that detailed brutal interrogation techniques used by the CIA against terror suspects. Those also came out in response to an ACLU lawsuit.

Why do you assume the terrorists can distinguish whatever is depicted in those photographs of isolated incidents from the consistent humanitarian sentiment of Americans? The policies have been publicly denounced and discontinued. The facts and the memos have already been released.

Do we really need to draw a picture right now too? Why? :eusa_whistle:

A military group said it was relieved Obama would fight the photos' release, adding that soldiers' lives could otherwise be put at risk. Brian Wise, executive Director of Military Families United, said the pictures "will only serve as propaganda to our enemies who will use the images as a recruitment tool to enlist terrorists."

"The president has said that he wants to improve the image of America throughout the world," Wise said in a statement. "This is not the way to accomplish that. These photos represent isolated incidents where the offending servicemen and women have already been prosecuted. There is no good that can come from releasing these photos."

I agree with this. It is not in our best interest to politicize our national security.

Forum List

Back