Obama one vote away from Iran deal

The Iran deal is only good for the tyrants in Iran. It's bad for us, Israel and the people of Iran.

The only thing accomplished with the deal is that Obama made sure the tyrants had billions to spend on their nuclear program. That is all.

Why does the left cheer this on when Iran is still chanting 'death to America' and they want to attack Israel? Why does this make you idiots so happy?

It never ceases to amaze me the way liberals support tyrants who oppress women. I feel bad for the women who are doomed to live in those radical Muslim countries. Many who have escaped have told of the horrible treatment of people, yet the left doesn't listen to them. Even one poster here said that the Muslim women are given what the men have decided they need. Freedom is not included on that list.

So, I have watched President after President come into office and go out of office with the same stance on Iran. This, since the deposing of the Shah and the hostage taking in 1979. Obama is the first President to stand up and do something about the situation. He is not alone, as W was in his WMD claim. He has many world powers behind him. Is the Iran deal perfect? Probably not. But is could lead to the breaking down of relations between Iran and the rest of the world.

What is happening with this deal in Iran is similar to what is happening with the Cuban situation. Obama is taking his head out of the sand and realizing that the world is so interconnected now that holding on to many of the isolationist beliefs of the United States is in no one's interest. Obama will be able to override Congress' veto and we will see where the deal goes.

The world is moving on, with or without the GOP Congress. Many countries are already doing business with Iran. Even if the GOP veto stood, we may find ourselves alone in our stance against the country. This is coming from someone who did not vote for Obama in 2012.

Once again, it is Republicans against the world

Bringing Iran to the negotiating table after 40 years was a major diplomatic accomplishment....as was the recognition of Cuba
Changing our policy of negotiating with terrorists isn't an accomplishment, numbnuts

Yes...yes

Negotiation is for pussies
Big stick diplomacy
Axis of evil

We have seen how effective that has been for 40 years

Lame duck Obama chalks up another victory while the Republican controlled Congress once again fumes and makes threats

Will Republicans ever win anything?

Wait a minute. I thought Republicans were going to shove this agreement up Obama's where the sun don't shine? I thought this agreement was the end of the earth as we know it and Republicans couldn't sway a few fellow politicians? Bibi Nutandyahoo wouldn't even use one of bunker busters to show he's serious? Oh! I forgot! Republicans are on their 5 week paid vacation on fall break. I guess the fate of the world isn't that important.

Once again, Republicans demonstrate why they shouldn't be trusted with US foreign policy

Thankfully, we have Hillary Clinton in the wings

The Iran deal is only good for the tyrants in Iran. It's bad for us, Israel and the people of Iran.

The only thing accomplished with the deal is that Obama made sure the tyrants had billions to spend on their nuclear program. That is all.

Why does the left cheer this on when Iran is still chanting 'death to America' and they want to attack Israel? Why does this make you idiots so happy?

It never ceases to amaze me the way liberals support tyrants who oppress women. I feel bad for the women who are doomed to live in those radical Muslim countries. Many who have escaped have told of the horrible treatment of people, yet the left doesn't listen to them. Even one poster here said that the Muslim women are given what the men have decided they need. Freedom is not included on that list.

So, I have watched President after President come into office and go out of office with the same stance on Iran. This, since the deposing of the Shah and the hostage taking in 1979. Obama is the first President to stand up and do something about the situation. He is not alone, as W was in his WMD claim. He has many world powers behind him. Is the Iran deal perfect? Probably not. But is could lead to the breaking down of relations between Iran and the rest of the world.

What is happening with this deal in Iran is similar to what is happening with the Cuban situation. Obama is taking his head out of the sand and realizing that the world is so interconnected now that holding on to many of the isolationist beliefs of the United States is in no one's interest. Obama will be able to override Congress' veto and we will see where the deal goes.

The world is moving on, with or without the GOP Congress. Many countries are already doing business with Iran. Even if the GOP veto stood, we may find ourselves alone in our stance against the country. This is coming from someone who did not vote for Obama in 2012.

Bringing Iran to the negotiating table after 40 years was a major diplomatic accomplishment....as was the recognition of Cuba
Changing our policy of negotiating with terrorists isn't an accomplishment, numbnuts

Reagan not only negotiated with Iran. He traded them arms. Maybe you need to read a little history....

Read

That Time Ronald Reagan opened Iran and Illegally sold Khomeini Weapons

Read

So because something happened thirty years ago, and failed terribly, we should repeat it?

And I'm the one that needs to read history?

"Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it"

Read

So because something happened thirty years ago, and failed terribly, we should repeat it?

And I'm the one that needs to read history?

"Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it"

I know. Why justify a position based on previous failure.

The treaty isn't worth the paper its written on and those backing it will find that out soon enough.

Iran will do whatever it wants with its nuclear program and anyone who doesn't realize that is one dumb fuck.

As for Kerry and the Nobel PP? Why not. They gave one to Obama for absolutely nothing. Why not Kerry. LOL

The Republican Party is not an opposition party. Their leaders are corrupt buffoons. Barack Hussein Obama has gotten his entire agenda passed on Boehner and McConnell's watch. Can anyone think of just one thing he didn't get passed?

It's why so many Americans don't trust either Party. It's all country club backroom wheeling & dealing. It'll be interesting to see how many Republicans vote to oppose the deal. Stay tuned.

The treaty isn't worth the paper its written on and those backing it will find that out soon enough.

Iran will do whatever it wants with its nuclear program and anyone who doesn't realize that is one dumb fuck.

As for Kerry and the Nobel PP? Why not. They gave one to Obama for absolutely nothing. Why not Kerry. LOL

Actually, in spite of Republican cries of wolf...they won't

The world will be monitoring....if they don't like what they see, it is easy enough to put sanctions back on

Why don't Republicans ever win Nobel Peace prizes?
Is that why there is so much sour grapes?....<sob> That Peace Prize sucks anyway <sob>

Last edited:

Obama's legacy of Foreign Relations is going to look quite good:
Repaired US after previous admin lied (Winner)
Cuba (Winner)
Iran (Winner)
Didn't have any more land wars(winner)
Arab Spring (Winner)
Ukraine (Winner)

He had a couple of losses but not as significant
Spying on Germany
Ed Snowden

ISIS and Syria are a wash... He probably avoided the bullet on that one...

Generally he is the plus by a good margin, but compared to his predecessor he looks like a god.
Him and carter have done great foreign policy.

Actually, in spite of Republican cries of wolf...they won't

The world will be monitoring....if they don't like what they see, it is easy enough to put sanctions back on

Why don't Republicans ever win Nobel Peace prizes?
Is that why there is so much sour grapes?....<sob> That Peace Prize sucks anyway <sob>

You think Iran will care?? You're a fool if you do.

As for the PP?? Doesn't mean much anymore because they give it out without a lot of thought. Obama is a prime example.

America loses, not the GOP.

Once again the world has moved on and the GOP is on the outside looking in

Do you guys ever grow tired of being wrong?

So sad, Bibi, Lindsey, Chuck, cried themselves to sleep, but will wake up with a plan B about the same time President Badass picks up his next Nobel.

I think John Kerry will get this Nobel Peace Prize

Well deserved
Wipe your chins

Down in Flames goes the GOP...again and......

YOU STILL HAVE TRUMP!

Down in Flames goes the GOP...again and......

YOU STILL HAVE TRUMP!
Ya see, though.....that's exactly the problem: partisan bullshit.
For thirty-plus years it's been unanimously bipartisan-agreed that Iran shouldn't be allowed to progress their agenda.
It's know worldwide that they are the largest funding source for terrorist groups.
But because it's Obama's "deal" there could very well be enough votes to allow it.
Obama came straight out and said that of course republican are going to be against anything with his name on it.
That, alone, is reason enough to get Dembulbs to support Obama.

Forum List

Back