Obama on liberal college students who want to be "coddled": "That’s not the way we learn"

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Holy shit. The man has actually said something intelligent.

"I’ve heard some college campuses where they don’t want to have a guest speaker who is too conservative or they don’t want to read a book if it has language that is offensive to African-Americans or somehow sends a demeaning signal towards women. I gotta tell you, I don’t agree with that, either. I don’t agree that you, when you become students at colleges, have to be coddled and protected from different points of view."

Obama on liberal college students who want to be "coddled": "That’s not the way we learn"

On that note, just the other day I read article on a girl in college who was blasting all over social media asking for help to find her Winnie the Pooh blanket that went missing from her dorm room because she's had it since she was a kid and she can't sleep without it. I wanted to punch her in the face and then kick both of her parents in the head.

"Sometimes I realized, maybe I’ve been too narrow-minded; maybe I didn’t take this into account; maybe I should see this person’s perspective. That’s what college, in part, is all about."

He saw Jeremiah Wright's perspective, all right. :lol:

Forum List

Back