Obama No time or money for the cleanup

OK. Let's start by closing down 2/3 rds of the oversea military bases. In fact, let us take a long look at our military spending. How does it compare with that of other nations, such as China and Russia?

How about ceasing to give tax breaks to companies that locate overseas? No more subsidies for the energy companies, that includes nuclear.

Before you defend the tax rate of the very rich, by his own figures, Warren Buffet pays about half the percentage on his gross income that I do. And, by his own words, he considers that grossly unfair. So let us make sure that the wealthy at least pay the same per centage of their income in taxes as does the average working citizen.

OK. Let's start by closing down 2/3 rds of the oversea military bases. In fact, let us take a long look at our military spending. How does it compare with that of other nations, such as China and Russia?

How about ceasing to give tax breaks to companies that locate overseas? No more subsidies for the energy companies, that includes nuclear.

Before you defend the tax rate of the very rich, by his own figures, Warren Buffet pays about half the percentage on his gross income that I do. And, by his own words, he considers that grossly unfair. So let us make sure that the wealthy at least pay the same per centage of their income in taxes as does the average working citizen.

All that works for me except for cutting the military. They are already half the size they were when I retired less than 20 years ago.

Forum List

Back