Obama News Article

Granny

Gold Member
Dec 14, 2009
Rocky Top, TN
I must apologize if anyone else has already posted this and there has been discussion, but I have not been on USMB very regularly lately - I've rather much been hypnotized and/or addicted to a damned Majohnn game latelyl

A friend sent me (and a few mutual friends) this article in an e-mail. One of the friends is a pretty hard left leaner who shot back an email saying she didn't believe a word of the article and stated how the British love their tabloid papers. I never really thought Scripps was a tabloid publication ... but who am I to argue.

When I read this, it just pissed the hell out of me. In this day and age of austerity for everyone, energy cutbacks for the environmental good of Mother Earth, etc., I think maybe the author of the article was on to something - sort of in the area of "use some common sense." But the thing that really, really pissed me off was the part about the Obamas bringing their own food and the WH chef. I don't really do state dinners, but if I invited someone for dinner and they came over bringing their own food and their own chef ... they would never get another invitation from me.

Editorial: An entourage more royal than the Queen's | ScrippsNews

Forum List

Back