Obama kills NASA

Yea i can't think of a single issue this President has been on the right side of. He just ordered NASA to spend more time & money on studying "Global Warming" as well. NASA already has several programs doing that. I think the World's Governments are spending more than enough cash on the Global Warming scam. Seriously,this President has been on the wrong side of almost every major issue facing this nation since taking office. This is just another sad example. Three more years of this misery? Yikes!

PBO's new budget ends manned space flight by the US.
Say goodbye to at least 30,000 engineering jobs.

Time for Texas to secede, the Lone Star Flag would look good on the Moon.

Thanks Peadophilo! Informative!

I agree...it is unfortunate that the government will no long be using federal tax dollars for space exploration.

I'm glad that we are in agreement.

NASA needs to download all of the raw data its ever collected to its website and I mean ALL of it, unaltered, then go out of business.

2510ds.jpg

What about the people on the moon?

PBO's new budget ends manned space flight by the US.
Say goodbye to at least 30,000 engineering jobs.
Unfortunately we can no longer afford it and the NASA budget (along with the budgets of ALL other Federal Departments) need to be cut far more drastically than has been done so far, but at least it's a tiny fraction of a tiny baby step in the right direction, that being said....

I find it somewhat ironic that President Space Cadet cut the funding for the Space Program. :tongue:

I agree with de-funding NASA at the moment. Do we really need to be spending billion on sending people back to the moon or even Mars when our country has much more pressing issues? I don't agree with funding them to research global warming, which will be a waste of time. So, Obama's got it half right on this one.

The people just don't support this decision by the President. He's just wrong once again. The "Party of JFK" is now officially dead. :(

I agree with de-funding NASA at the moment. Do we really need to be spending billion on sending people back to the moon or even Mars when our country has much more pressing issues?
Yes, actually WE as a nation do NEED to be spending $38 Billion on our space budget.
You heard the number right, far less than the wastage in any of three other government spending venues (OASI, Medicare, or DOD)
But what do we get in return?
How about US dominance in the internet revolution?
How about improved understanding of shelf life and nutritional value on stored foods (for something which was ONLY seen because of space exploration)

BTW - NASA is actually getting a fairly substantial budget under Obama. He's micromanaging what they do (shades of Bill Clinton anybody?) but they are getting funded.

I agree with de-funding NASA at the moment. Do we really need to be spending billion on sending people back to the moon or even Mars when our country has much more pressing issues?
Yes, actually WE as a nation do NEED to be spending $38 Billion on our space budget.
You heard the number right, far less than the wastage in any of three other government spending venues (OASI, Medicare, or DOD)
But what do we get in return?
How about US dominance in the internet revolution?
How about improved understanding of shelf life and nutritional value on stored foods (for something which was ONLY seen because of space exploration)

BTW - NASA is actually getting a fairly substantial budget under Obama. He's micromanaging what they do (shades of Bill Clinton anybody?) but they are getting funded.

Wow....so NASA's annual budget doesn't even cover 6 months of the Bush/Cheney occupation of Iraq???

And people who've know me wonder why I've become so angry lately.

The Muslims Marxists Macaca has ruined NASA and made it into an extension of his stupid fucking ideology.

And people who've know me wonder why I've become so angry lately.

The Muslims Marxists Macaca has ruined NASA and made it into an extension of his stupid fucking ideology.

Really? Specifically what changes to NASA has Obama made that reflect his "stupid fucking ideology"?

Forum List

Back