Obama kills NASA

And people who've know me wonder why I've become so angry lately.

The Muslims Marxists Macaca has ruined NASA and made it into an extension of his stupid fucking ideology.

Really? Specifically what changes to NASA has Obama made that reflect his "stupid fucking ideology"?

You really are a fucking retard and I'm not saying that for effect or to make a joke.

He's turning NASA away from Space to focus on the totally discredited cult of "Global warming"

And people who've know me wonder why I've become so angry lately.

The Muslims Marxists Macaca has ruined NASA and made it into an extension of his stupid fucking ideology.

Really? Specifically what changes to NASA has Obama made that reflect his "stupid fucking ideology"?

You really are a fucking retard and I'm not saying that for effect or to make a joke.

He's turning NASA away from Space to focus on the totally discredited cult of "Global warming"

We need budget cuts. There is no reason why NASA's budget cannot be cut or completely shelved for a couple of years.

I agree with de-funding NASA at the moment. Do we really need to be spending billion on sending people back to the moon or even Mars when our country has much more pressing issues?
Yes, actually WE as a nation do NEED to be spending $38 Billion on our space budget.
You heard the number right, far less than the wastage in any of three other government spending venues (OASI, Medicare, or DOD)
But what do we get in return?
How about US dominance in the internet revolution?
How about improved understanding of shelf life and nutritional value on stored foods (for something which was ONLY seen because of space exploration)

BTW - NASA is actually getting a fairly substantial budget under Obama. He's micromanaging what they do (shades of Bill Clinton anybody?) but they are getting funded.

Wow....so NASA's annual budget doesn't even cover 6 months of the Bush/Cheney occupation of Iraq???

Apparently not :shrug:

Now that you mention it though, when was it that President Obama was going to pull all the combat troops out of Iraq by? 1-2 combat brigades a month over 16 months wasn't it?, I forget, after all there's just so many broken campaign promises to keep straight these days.

We need budget cuts. There is no reason why NASA's budget cannot be cut or completely shelved for a couple of years.

Why do Libs hate real science?

Yes, actually WE as a nation do NEED to be spending $38 Billion on our space budget.
You heard the number right, far less than the wastage in any of three other government spending venues (OASI, Medicare, or DOD)
How about improved understanding of shelf life and nutritional value on stored foods (for something which was ONLY seen because of space exploration)

BTW - NASA is actually getting a fairly substantial budget under Obama. He's micromanaging what they do (shades of Bill Clinton anybody?) but they are getting funded.

Wow....so NASA's annual budget doesn't even cover 6 months of the Bush/Cheney occupation of Iraq???

Apparently not :shrug:

Now that you mention it though, when was it that President Obama was going to pull all the combat troops out of Iraq by? 1-2 combat brigades a month over 16 months wasn't it?, I forget, after all there's just so many broken campaign promises to keep straight these days.

I agree with you on this. While combat missions in Iraq have ceased, I believe he still has a new and improved timetable for getting all combat troops home. Not quick enough for me.

Do we really need men in a space station or space based telescope? Papa Obama will tell us everything we need to know

There is no reason why NASA's budget cannot be cut or completely shelved for a couple of years.
Shelve NASA for a couple of years and all the experienced hands will be gone to other jobs. I'm talking here about the technical people - the engineers, toolmakers, programmers - who make the program work. The admin folks - HR, PR, etc - can be easily replaced, but the tech guys cannot. They know all the ins and outs of what is actually required to work at NASA and get the product out in a timely fashion. Starting over with completely new people would be a disaster.
FYI - many NASA computer programs are in languages which are out of Vogue but cannot be replaced because it would cost too much. As long as their is continuity in the workforce then someone is always about who knows how to get things done, but once everyone is laid off, and that is what shelving NASA really means, that institutional memory is lost.
Some of this may explain why Obama is still funding NASA - because stopping it would be disastrous.

Definitely.

Hmmm. That's interesting. When you say dominance in the internet revolution, what exactly do you mean? Placement of more satellites to facilitate information exchange?

I'm not too educated on NASA and everything, but considering all we know through what we've done so far, i don't see how going back to the moon helps us all that much and i do know of the massive effort and litany of challenges and obstacles in traveling and colonizing Mars. From a general standpoint, it seems like something we could easily table for now, though not for global warming research.

bush-budget-2009.jpg

Budget of the United States Government: Main Page

"I think the biggest problem in the U.S. is far too large a percentage of our resources go into the relatively unproductive segment of Defense. If we had not spent a trillion dollars in Iraq, we would have far more freedom now to respond to this short-term crisis."
-- Barney Frank, at the World Economic Forum, Link

whatever happened to those pesky WMD's?

Hmmm. That's interesting. When you say dominance in the internet revolution, what exactly do you mean? Placement of more satellites to facilitate information exchange?
No I mean the US had enough tech edge that for most of a decade (the 90's) we (the USA) reaped the lions share of the profits from the Internet, around a trillion dollars into US pocketbooks (and resultant Tax base) because of the edge NASA gave to US industry.

I realize it may seem counter intuitive given how out of date certain aspects of the program are (some of the code used to launch the shuttle was written in the 60's for Apollo) but space is unforgiving and the US tries to give the astronauts as much edge in survival as possible. That edge is technical innovation which puts money back into the US economy by helping US companies remain competitive despite high labor costs.

"Yea i can't think of a single issue this President has been on the right side of. He just ordered NASA to spend more time & money on studying "Global Warming" as well. NASA already has several programs doing that. I think the World's Governments are spending more than enough cash on the Global Warming scam. Seriously,this President has been on the wrong side of almost every major issue facing this nation since taking office. This is just another sad example. Three more years of this misery? Yikes!"

So you'd be willing to fund a worthless program? This wasn't a bad decision at all. What would be the advantage of exploring... nothing.... What advances have we made which have helped this country recently? Pride? That's it? BOOOO. Definitely not worth the money put into it. Lets put that shit load of money towards something domestic and useful.
Based on your response you're more of an anti-Obama kind of person rather than a someone with actual political motivations.

Last edited:
This is definitely one giant leap backwards for mankind. Where did the "Party of JFK" go? The People do not support this decision by the President.

So you'd be willing to fund a worthless program? This wasn't a bad decision at all. What would be the advantage of exploring... nothing.... What advances have we made which have helped this country recently? Pride? That's it? BOOOO.
Perhaps you should read the post directly above the one of yours which I just quoted to see something which did help the country.

Yea i can't think of a single issue this President has been on the right side of. He just ordered NASA to spend more time & money on studying "Global Warming" as well. NASA already has several programs doing that. I think the World's Governments are spending more than enough cash on the Global Warming scam. Seriously,this President has been on the wrong side of almost every major issue facing this nation since taking office. This is just another sad example. Three more years of this misery? Yikes!

He's got the balls ain't he? given the weather in DC. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back