Obama is Playing with Impeachment Fire by His Own Statements

Way to go Mr President!

Do what you think is right and let the chips fall where they may. The sign of a good leader

That's right. No need to abide by the Constitution, since your base thinks it is meaningless.

Rule by leftist elite....every leftist's dream.
i can point you to a thread where 'conservatives' believe that criminals don't have the right to due process.
who thinks what is meaningless again?

Well...that makes it all okay.

If your guy can get away with tyranny...so should mine...

...the thought process of a child.
just pointing out that there are people all over the spectrum willing to interpret the constitution in a myriad of ways.
The constitution is written in such a way there is little room for interpretation. Where there is obscurity, it has lead to problems. But that is not often.

Okay, so this IS NOT ABOUT President Obama issuing amnesty through an executive order????

Yes or no?

I am uncertain if giving the parents of American under age citizens working papers is legal or illegal or borderline with a Presidential E/O? I don't believe it has gone to court when previous Presidents have done similar things with E/o's but for certain this would end up in the courts...

What I do know, is it seems like a good idea...better for these parents of these American citizens to be good standing adults and parents in their community of which they live.

I also believe that with these parents working above board, it would qualify their children for LESS Welfare monies/ and fewer welfare programs than what they qualify for now, while their parents are working under the table, or not at all.

Last edited:
Way to go Mr President!

Do what you think is right and let the chips fall where they may. The sign of a good leader

That's right. No need to abide by the Constitution, since your base thinks it is meaningless.

i can point you to a thread where 'conservatives' believe that criminals don't have the right to due process.

just pointing out that there are people all over the spectrum willing to interpret the constitution in a myriad of ways.
The constitution is written in such a way there is little room for interpretation. Where there is obscurity, it has lead to problems. But that is not often.
the supreme court disagrees.

SNIP:
Video: Democrat rep unable to say why Obama’s immigration plan is legal
posted at 9:01 am on November 18, 2014 by Jazz Shaw
  • 188 SHARES

Somebody needs to work on their talking points a bit more. Congressman Peter Welch (D – Vermont) made an appearance on MSNBC to talk to Lawrence O’Donnell this week to discuss the President’s immigration plan. In a rather startling turn of events, Matthews completely failed to stick to the normal script and asked him why a particular section of the plan was even permissible under the law. The results are instructive.

Lawrence O’Donnell: No one at the White House has been able to give me the legal justification for the following component of the President’s plan which was leaked to the New York Times. the part where it says… that the President will allow many parents of children who are American citizens or legal residents to obtain legal work documents. Can you tell me and has the White House told you, what is the legal justification for the President to create a new category of beneficiaries for work documents? How can that be done without legislation?

Congressman Peter Welch: You know, Lawrence, I can’t tell you, and I’m not the lawyer who’s going to be litigating this case. So the answer to that would be decided by the courts as you and I know. But here’s what I can tell you…

L.O.: Congressman, so as far as you know, and I don’t mean to badger about this but I’ve been on this for days now. I haven’t heard from a single elected Democrat, not one Democrat in Washington who can answer the question that I just put to you. Have you heard it Have you heard it answered by any Democrats?

P.W: I haven’t. I haven’t.

The video:

But really. What difference, at this point, does it make? (Sorry, Hillary.) We have to sign the executive action to find out if the executive action is legal. Hey… that sounds like a whole new area of political science and legal theory!

The legal questions surrounding this will probably take a long time to sort out. If the President wants to change immigration policy by ordering ICE to not enforce certain provisions, I’m not sure what anyone can do about it. By oath, the POTUS is supposed to be honor bound to enforce the laws of the United States of America, but there aren’t always resources to enforce every law fully, so the courts are lenient in letting that dodge go by. But creating a new category of immigration documents? That sounds like a legislative action, not an option of the executive. I’d like to see that one go to the courts.

Video Democrat rep unable to say why Obama 8217 s immigration plan is legal Hot Air

You got it! The President is duty bound to take care and see that all the laws are followed and enforced. So how can he make an EO saying to do the opposite? He, would, in essence, be breaking the law.

Well I guess that only worries them when a Republican President does it. it's sickening

That bothers me. That tells me some staunch Democrats are partisans before they are Americans. That is not good.

Bothers me too and make's me ill. I'm shocked at how they've changed their tune since obama was elected from when Bush was President. just awful

I wish we all had the power to stand back and be objective when it comes to the constitution. I realize it's hard because it is your guy in the White House, but everyone is not perfect. Own up to mistakes.

How come Bush and Reagan weren't impeached? Oh, that's right. They were white. I forgot. Sorry.

Way to go Mr President!

LOL

Okay, so this IS NOT ABOUT President Obama issuing amnesty through an executive order????

Yes or no?

I am uncertain if giving the parents of American under age citizens working papers is legal or illegal or borderline with an Presidential E/O? I don't believe it has gone to court when previous Presidents have done similar things with E/o's but for certain this would end up in the courts...

What I do know, is it seems like a good idea...better for these parents of these American citizens to be good standing adults and parents in their community of which they live.

I also believe that with these parents working above board, it would qualify their children for LESS Welfare monies/ and fewer welfare programs than what they qualify for now, while their parents are working under the table, or not at all.

Good post. I think, since the came over illegally, there should be a fine. No citizenship until the fine of a considerable amount is paid ($10,000), good record, speaks English, takes US Naturalization test. Until then, if they have a good record, they can get a green card. If they have a police record with a felony, deportation, no questions.

the supreme court disagrees.

Some of the activist judges would have an issue with the age a person can be to be considered for president.

Yes or no?

I am uncertain if giving the parents of American under age citizens working papers is legal or illegal or borderline with an Presidential E/O? I don't believe it has gone to court when previous Presidents have done similar things with E/o's but for certain this would end up in the courts...

Good post. I think, since the came over illegally, there should be a fine. No citizenship until the fine of a considerable amount is paid ($10,000), good record, speaks English, takes US Naturalization test. Until then, if they have a good record, they can get a green card. If they have a police record with a felony, deportation, no questions.
The thing is, I don't believe giving them citizenship is even being discussed in this part of the supposed Obama plan that was released in that discussion in the video presented in this thread earlier with Lawrence O'donnell...I think it mentions giving these people that are parents of US citizen children, papers to work legally..... If it mentioned giving them citizenship, then I missed that part....

IF it is decided to give them citizenship, then I agree that we should have a penalty paid for breaking the law, and a period of years before they become eligible in good standing, and learning English enough to pass the naturalization test in English and not their native language..

Yes or no?

The thing is, I don't believe giving them citizenship is even being discussed in this part of the supposed Obama plan that was released in that discussion in the video presented in this thread earlier with Lawrence O'donnell...I think it mentions giving these people that are parents of US citizen children, papers to work legally..... If it mentioned giving them citizenship, then I missed that part....

IF it is decided to give them citizenship, then I agree that we should have a penalty paid for breaking the law, and a period of years before they become eligible in good standing, and learning English enough to pass the naturalization test in English and not their native language..

On part of the draft I do not agree with: Giving 500,000 tech jobs to illegals (now legal). Let them be available to the jobs but don't shut out American citizens who are now jobless.

How come Bush and Reagan weren't impeached? Oh, that's right. They were white. I forgot. Sorry.
They didn't overstep the boundaries of the Executive office. But you knew that. Sorry.
You can't just pull shit out your ass. If you make such a statement, you have to prove it. We already know that Reagan and Bush used executive action and for what.

Reagan And Bush Made Immigration Executive Orders - Business Insider

Two of the last three Republican presidents — Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush — did the same thing in extending amnesty to family members who were not covered by the last major overhaul of immigration law in 1986.

There was no political explosion then comparable to the one Republicans are threatening now.

In 1986, Congress and Reagan enacted a sweeping overhaul that gave legal status to up to 3 million immigrants without authorization to be in the country, if they had come to the U.S. before 1982. Spouses and children who could not meet that test did not qualify, which incited protests that the new law was breaking up families.

Early efforts in Congress to amend the law to cover family members failed. In 1987, Reagan's Immigration and Naturalization Service commissioner announced that minor children of parents granted amnesty by the law would get protection from deportation.

Like Bush, Obama is expected to extend deportation protections to families of U.S. citizens or permanent residents.

"It's clear that it's fully within his legal authority to issue these orders," said Rep. Joaquin Castro, D-Texas. He said Republicans 'didn't raise any objections in the past when Republican presidents issued similar orders. This is pure political theater."
-------------------------------------

Like I said. Obama is black.

They didn't overstep the boundaries of the Executive office. But you knew that. Sorry.
You can't just pull shit out your ass. If you make such a statement, you have to prove it. We already know that Reagan and Bush used executive action and for what.

Two of the last three Republican presidents — Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush — did the same thing in extending amnesty to family members who were not covered by the last major overhaul of immigration law in 1986.

There was no political explosion then comparable to the one Republicans are threatening now.

In 1986, Congress and Reagan enacted a sweeping overhaul that gave legal status to up to 3 million immigrants without authorization to be in the country, if they had come to the U.S. before 1982. Spouses and children who could not meet that test did not qualify, which incited protests that the new law was breaking up families.

Early efforts in Congress to amend the law to cover family members failed. In 1987, Reagan's Immigration and Naturalization Service commissioner announced that minor children of parents granted amnesty by the law would get protection from deportation.

Like Bush, Obama is expected to extend deportation protections to families of U.S. citizens or permanent residents.

"It's clear that it's fully within his legal authority to issue these orders," said Rep. Joaquin Castro, D-Texas. He said Republicans 'didn't raise any objections in the past when Republican presidents issued similar orders. This is pure political theater."

I made the same point ... water on a ducks back ... Does anyone honestly believe the RW's give a holy damn about what past Republicans did?

Like you said, "In 1986, Congress and Reagan..." enacted

Someone should tell Mr.Obama there is a third branch of the government.

you will swallow anything if it means Obama can do what he want. Even if it means walking all the majority of the people in the country. And that lie you are spreading is just that, a lie
Reagan went THROUGH CONGRESS and signed it

There was a existing statute on the books that allowed Reagan to do what he did. In this situation with Obama, the existing statute doesn't apply for what he intends to do which will be considered unconstitutional. Big difference.

Forum List

Back