Obama is Playing with Impeachment Fire by His Own Statements

President Obama said that he would do what he could do, as President, within the LAW, on immigration reform....

And the right wing media has told the LIE repeatedly, that Obama is going to give Amnesty to All illegal immigrants via Executive order....

And ALL of you little thinking lock steppers have followed what the Right wing Media has said that Obama would do, and NOT what President Obama HAS actually SAID that he would do.....which is do as much reform as he could do, WITHIN THE LAW....

You all are Pathetic little tools.....

(sorry to include you too Stephanie, I think you are truly smarter than this in real life and a good person):)

If he pursues this action he will most certainly "poison the well" and if relations between the branches of government were dysfunctional before an EO would push all hopes of working together over a cliff.

President Obama is poised to ignore stark warnings that executive action on immigration would amount to “violating our laws” and would be “very difficult to defend legally.”

Those warnings came not from Republican lawmakers but from Mr. Obama himself:

1. In a Telemundo interview in September 2013, Mr. Obama said he was proud of having protected the “Dreamers” — people who came to the United States illegally as young children — from deportation. But he also said that he could not apply that same action to other groups of people.

“If we start broadening that, then essentially I’ll be ignoring the law in a way that I think would be very difficult to defend legally,” Mr. Obama told Jose Diaz-Balart in the interview. “So that’s not an option.”

2. “Getting a comprehensive deal of the sort that is in the Senate legislation, for example, does extend beyond my legal authorities,” Mr. Obama said Sunday. “There are certain things I cannot do.”

3. “This is something that I have struggled with throughout my presidency,” Mr. Obama said. “The problem is, is that I’m the president of the United States, I’m not the emperor of the United States. My job is to execute laws that are passed.

4. In an immigration speech in San Francisco last November, protesters repeatedly interrupted the president, yelling, “Stop deportations!” Mr. Obama told the protesters that he respected their “passion,” but insisted that only Congress had the authority to do what they wanted.

5. And at a Town Hall in March of 2011, months before taking action to keep the Dreamers from being deported, Mr. Obama said the nation’s laws were clear enough “that for me to simply, through executive order, ignore those congressional mandates would not conform with my appropriate role as president.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/18/u...ion-obama-would-reverse-long-held-stance.html

If Mr.Obama goes ahead with the Immigration EO, he is acting contrary to existing law and he knows it. He is acting as , in his own words, “Emperor of the United States.” He acknowledges his job is to execute the existing laws of the United States.

If the tables were turned, and he was now the Senator he once was, and the president was espousing the writing of the Immigration EO he now plans…he would be calling for Impeachment of the president. Just look at his earlier statements and tell me how he can justify the act of the Immigration Executive Order. He can’t.

Abuse of Power could be consider a High Crime. What’s stopping other presidents in the future usurping power if this one is not stopped?

He’s playing with fire. And he’s the one lighting the match.
if the eo is contrary to the law, the courts will decide that. issuing a contradictory eo has never been treated as a crime. i wonder why people feel it is now?

Can you tell me which EO's those were?

You ConJobs did not do shit when the Ronnie God and Poppi Bush signed Amnesty did you....when The Great Jelly Bean Eater and Poppi did their "Over Reach" and used "Executive Action" with their Amnesty Actions. You people did not do squat. Hypocrite Much?

If he pursues this action he will most certainly "poison the well" and if relations between the branches of government were dysfunctional before an EO would push all hopes of working together over a cliff.

President Obama is poised to ignore stark warnings that executive action on immigration would amount to “violating our laws” and would be “very difficult to defend legally.”

1. In a Telemundo interview in September 2013, Mr. Obama said he was proud of having protected the “Dreamers” — people who came to the United States illegally as young children — from deportation. But he also said that he could not apply that same action to other groups of people.

“If we start broadening that, then essentially I’ll be ignoring the law in a way that I think would be very difficult to defend legally,” Mr. Obama told Jose Diaz-Balart in the interview. “So that’s not an option.”

2. “Getting a comprehensive deal of the sort that is in the Senate legislation, for example, does extend beyond my legal authorities,” Mr. Obama said Sunday. “There are certain things I cannot do.”

3. “This is something that I have struggled with throughout my presidency,” Mr. Obama said. “The problem is, is that I’m the president of the United States, I’m not the emperor of the United States. My job is to execute laws that are passed.

4. In an immigration speech in San Francisco last November, protesters repeatedly interrupted the president, yelling, “Stop deportations!” Mr. Obama told the protesters that he respected their “passion,” but insisted that only Congress had the authority to do what they wanted.

5. And at a Town Hall in March of 2011, months before taking action to keep the Dreamers from being deported, Mr. Obama said the nation’s laws were clear enough “that for me to simply, through executive order, ignore those congressional mandates would not conform with my appropriate role as president.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/18/u...ion-obama-would-reverse-long-held-stance.html

If Mr.Obama goes ahead with the Immigration EO, he is acting contrary to existing law and he knows it. He is acting as , in his own words, “Emperor of the United States.” He acknowledges his job is to execute the existing laws of the United States.

If the tables were turned, and he was now the Senator he once was, and the president was espousing the writing of the Immigration EO he now plans…he would be calling for Impeachment of the president. Just look at his earlier statements and tell me how he can justify the act of the Immigration Executive Order. He can’t.

Abuse of Power could be consider a High Crime. What’s stopping other presidents in the future usurping power if this one is not stopped?

if the eo is contrary to the law, the courts will decide that. issuing a contradictory eo has never been treated as a crime. i wonder why people feel it is now?

sure. truman issued one that was overturned nationalizing steel mills and clinton issued one that was overturned prohibiting federal contracting with companies that employed strike breakers.

the courts were used to decide if they were contradictory to the law, but neither were used as evidence of 'high crimes'

Were the courts used to decided contradiction in both cases? I would like more info on truman's case.

Way to go Mr President!

Do what you think is right and let the chips fall where they may. The sign of a good leader

He made five statements about what he thought was right. And now he is doing the opposite. And you say, "Way to go?" I think I'm a bit worried about his mental attitude.

Our President has been clear about what he wants in immigration reform

Senate Republicans agreed on a comprehensive program that the President will sign. Boehner refuses to bring it to the floor, even though it has the votes to pass

Obama agreed to wait utill after the elections before issuing an Executive Order...the elections are over

This board resembles The Witches of Salem more everyday.

I give it about three days before someone wants Obama burnt at the stake.

This thread, if you read the OP, is not about Obama, it's about the constitution and the boundaries.

You ConJobs did not do shit when the Ronnie God and Poppi Bush signed Amnesty did you....when The Great Jelly Bean Eater and Poppi did their "Over Reach" and used "Executive Action" with their Amnesty Actions. You people did not do squat. Hypocrite Much?

this is nonsense.

omfrikkengawd, you weren't on here for Bush. Your dramatics are pathetic

President Obama said that he would do what he could do, as President, within the LAW, on immigration reform....

And the right wing media has told the LIE repeatedly, that Obama is going to give Amnesty to All illegal immigrants via Executive order....

And ALL of you little thinking lock steppers have followed what the Right wing Media has said that Obama would do, and NOT what President Obama HAS actually SAID that he would do.....which is do as much reform as he could do, WITHIN THE LAW....

You all are Pathetic little tools.....

(sorry to include you too Stephanie, I think you are truly smarter than this in real life and a good person):)

I don't care what he promised. He is now a lame duck without the Senate to back him up like they did "rubberstamping" any damaging thing he wanted to put on. and the PEOPLE in the country has spoken for him to sit the hell down and shut the hell up

Way to go Mr President!

Do what you think is right and let the chips fall where they may. The sign of a good leader

He made five statements about what he thought was right. And now he is doing the opposite. And you say, "Way to go?" I think I'm a bit worried about his mental attitude.

Senate Republicans agreed on a comprehensive program that the President will sign. Boehner refuses to bring it to the floor, even though it has the votes to pass

Obama agreed to wait utill after the elections before issuing an Executive Order...the elections are over

Maybe the people do not want any new immigration bill, just enforce the laws on the books.

sure. truman issued one that was overturned nationalizing steel mills and clinton issued one that was overturned prohibiting federal contracting with companies that employed strike breakers.

the courts were used to decide if they were contradictory to the law, but neither were used as evidence of 'high crimes'

Were the courts used to decided contradiction in both cases? I would like more info on truman's case.
google is your friend.
Youngstown Sheet Tube Co. v. Sawyer - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Way to go Mr President!

Maybe the people do not want any new immigration bill, just enforce the laws on the books.
okay. that's what the president would be doing.

This thread, if you read the OP, is not about Obama, it's about the constitution and the boundaries.

Executive Order. is an element of Executive Power, a boundary of the Constitution.

youz n' idget Jackieboi.

go study.

The president:
  • is the Commander in Chief of the armed forces. He or she has the power to call into service the state units of the National Guard, and in times of emergency may be given the power by Congress to manage national security or the economy.
  • has the power make treaties with Senate approval. He or she can also receive ambassadors and work with leaders of other nations.
  • is responsible for nominating the heads of governmental departments, which the Senate must then approve. In addition, the president nominates judges to federal courts and justices to the United States Supreme Court.
  • can issue executive orders, which have the force of law but do not have to be approved by congress.
  • can issue pardons for federal offenses.
  • can convene Congress for special sessions.
  • can veto legislation approved by Congress. However, the veto is limited. It is not a line-item veto, meaning that he or she cannot veto only specific parts of legislation, and it can be overridden by a two-thirds vote by Congress.
  • delivers a State of the Union address annually to a joint session of Congress.

Last edited:

I was on another board for Bush and remember it well.

Some of the criticism was hysterical and dishonest, but I don't think there is a person on this board who believes that the bile thrown at Obama has precedent in American history. No other President has ever attracted the sheer bitterness, contempt and irrationality that we've seen the past six years - and not just from Birthers, either.

That has to be remembered in future as well.

Some of the criticism was hysterical and dishonest, but I don't think there is a person on this board who believes that the bile thrown at Obama has precedent in American history. No other President has ever attracted the sheer bitterness, contempt and irrationality that we've seen the past six years - and not just from Birthers, either.

He has deserved every damn bit of it.

you're full of bullshit. that's all.

You should of seen the HATE they dumped all over Bush, protesting in the streets, charging Senate hearing with fake blood on their hands and the BITTER HATE rolled on and on. you need to worry over your own country and how they treat their dictators

Way to go Mr President!

Just who did he "agree" with and for what purpose, other than to deceive voters?

RW's are nucking futs.... carp endlessly about something they know nothing about just to hear themselves yammer,

a gaggle of small brain geese has more sense.

google is your friend.
Thank you very much. Didn't know the case. Found this statement, "the President had no power to act except in those cases expressly or implicitly authorized by the Constitution or an act of Congress."

Truman was able to act because it was a time of emergency.

google is your friend.
Thank you very much. Didn't know the case. Found this statement, "the President had no power to act except in those cases expressly or implicitly authorized by the Constitution or an act of Congress."

Truman was able to act because it was a time of emergency.
well, no, truman's eo overstepped the boundaries of the law and was overturned by the courts.

Forum List

Back