obama is doing all he can do

Credible sources, bigreb, please. The fact is that the majority in Congress and two Presidents danced happily along with Freddy and Fanny. There is no way to dispute that, period. Now that the House is again GOP, it owns the mess.

New Agency Proposed to Oversee Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae - New York Times

New Agency Proposed to Oversee Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae
By STEPHEN LABATON
Published: September 11, 2003

WASHINGTON, Sept. 10 — The Bush administration today recommended the most significant regulatory overhaul in the housing finance industry since the savings and loan crisis a decade ago.

Under the plan, disclosed at a Congressional hearing today, a new agency would be created within the Treasury Department to assume supervision of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the government-sponsored companies that are the two largest players in the mortgage lending industry.

The new agency would have the authority, which now rests with Congress, to set one of the two capital-reserve requirements for the companies. It would exercise authority over any new lines of business. And it would determine whether the two are adequately managing the risks of their ballooning portfolios.

The plan is an acknowledgment by the administration that oversight of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac -- which together have issued more than $1.5 trillion in outstanding debt -- is broken. A report by outside investigators in July concluded that Freddie Mac manipulated its accounting to mislead investors, and critics have said Fannie Mae does not adequately hedge against rising interest rates...

...New Agency Proposed to Oversee Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae
Published: September 11, 2003
(Page 2 of 3)

The proposal is the opening act in one of the biggest and most significant lobbying battles of the Congressional session.

After the hearing, Representative Michael G. Oxley, chairman of the Financial Services Committee, and Senator Richard Shelby, chairman of the Senate Banking Committee, announced their intention to draft legislation based on the administration's proposal. Industry executives said Congress could complete action on legislation before leaving for recess in the fall.

''The current regulator does not have the tools, or the mandate, to adequately regulate these enterprises,'' Mr. Oxley said at the hearing. ''We have seen in recent months that mismanagement and questionable accounting practices went largely unnoticed by the Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight,'' the independent agency that now regulates the companies.

''These irregularities, which have been going on for several years, should have been detected earlier by the regulator,'' he added.

The Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight, which is part of the Department of Housing and Urban Development, was created by Congress in 1992 after the bailout of the savings and loan industry and concerns about regulation of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, which buy mortgages from lenders and repackage them as securities or hold them in their own portfolios...

...Significant details must still be worked out before Congress can approve a bill. Among the groups denouncing the proposal today were the National Association of Home Builders and Congressional Democrats who fear that tighter regulation of the companies could sharply reduce their commitment to financing low-income and affordable housing.

''These two entities -- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac -- are not facing any kind of financial crisis,'' said Representative Barney Frank of Massachusetts, the ranking Democrat on the Financial Services Committee. ''The more people exaggerate these problems, the more pressure there is on these companies, the less we will see in terms of affordable housing.''

Representative Melvin L. Watt, Democrat of North Carolina, agreed.

''I don't see much other than a shell game going on here, moving something from one agency to another and in the process weakening the bargaining power of poorer families and their ability to get affordable housing,'' Mr. Watt said.

For little Jakey, who was seriously hoping 'all credible sources' had removed primary articles by now.

:lol:nice form annie

One, Bush did not want Freddy and Fanny regulated (no primary evidence exists that even suggests that).

Two, the recession is everybody's fault, all Americans and both parties are guilty of that.

Three, the Tea Party helped to take the House and the Tea Party "lost" the Senate for the Republicans.

Let's stay in reality, bigrebnc.
Wrong. The housing market collapse was clinton, frank, and dodds doing. Bush and some republicans wanted to fix it, but frank and dodd said there was no problem, idiots. Fanni mqe and freddie mack was carters brainchild and clintons bastard children!!!!
No, Bush acted like he wanted to fix it, but he usually got everything he wanted during his tenure and to me,he didn't want this enough or he would have pushed harder for change!

Spin all you like, Bush tried and time and again it was Frank and Dodd that resisted. Dodd? He was getting loans all over the place, censured for at least the one in Ireland. Frank? His lover was at Fannie at the time. They're still friends, which pleases all to no end.

Bush, as the decider, if he wanted to could have changed the Fanny and Freddy programs, particularly since he had the House and the Senate for six years. bigrebnc and Annie would like folks to forget those little facts.

Nah, he did want to or he would have.

Bush, as the decider, if he wanted to could have changed the Fanny and Freddy programs, particularly since he had the House and the Senate for six years. bigrebnc and Annie would like folks to forget those little facts.

First, you lied. There was primary material backing what was said.
Second, now you wish to argue that Obama should have done all that needed to be done, no excuses about an obstructionist minority. Thank you Jakey, we knew you'd eventually see that he who claimed he'd slow the oceans, wore no clothes, just like Bush.

Thanks, CF, for you admission, via the video, that you have lost this discussion. Yes, you were defeated game, set, match.

Last edited:

First, you lied. There was primary material backing what was said.
Second, now you wish to argue that Obama should have done all that needed to be done, no excuses about an obstructionist minority. Thank you Jakey, we knew you'd eventually see that he who claimed he'd slow the oceans, wore no clothes, just like Bush.

Jake is one fucked up individual.

This is Jake's worst showing since he accused one of the researchers of Evan's book on McCarthy "Blacklisted", a book Jake clearly never even picked up, of not knowing that the footnote in the unread book directly contradicted the main thesis

One, The primary material is false, don't you know. Just because it is in a book does not make it so. The proof is in the pudding: Bush failed in six years to change, so Bush and the GOP own it. Two, the footnotes in the main book don't support the main thesis, thank you very much, CF, for pointing that out. That's the point. Anyone who tries to rehabilitate Joe McCarthy as a superhero for truth, justice, and the American Way is going to fail.

I am dealing with folks who cannot think objectively or critically. Simply read divecon, CrusaderFrank, bigrebnc, WickedJester, and Annie, who sound like the inmates in the asylum saying they are in charge. Nope, kiddies, you are not.

Y'all better go on a group date to "Megamind" to learn how banal stupidity can be turned into goodness. Your personalities should really enjoy cartoon characters. Take CMike, he will like it also.

Last edited:
One, The primary material is false, don't you know. Just because it is in a book does not make it so. The proof is in the pudding: Bush failed in six years to change, so Bush and the GOP own it. Two, the footnotes in the main book don't support the main thesis, thank you very much, CF, for pointing that out. That's the point. Anyone who tries to rehabilitate Joe McCarthy as a superhero for truth, justice, and the American Way is going to fail.

I am dealing with folks who cannot think objectively or critically. Simply read divecon, CrusaderFrank, bigrebnc, WickedJester, and Annie, who sound like the inmates in the asylum saying they are in charge. Nope, kiddies, you are not.

Y'all better go on a group date to "Megamind" to learn how banal stupidity can be turned into goodness. Your personalities should really enjoy cartoon characters. Take CMike, he will like it also.

Right, the NYTimes lied about what was done by the current administration when they did it back in 2003? Now you're not only a :eusa_liar: but you are a :cuckoo::eusa_liar:

Second time I'm going to issue the challenge, there are about 500 footnote in the book you never picked up. Show me one, just one that challenges the central thesis of the book

Right, the NYTimes lied about what was done by the current administration when they did it back in 2003? Now you're not only a :eusa_liar: but you are a :cuckoo::eusa_liar:

You are describing yourself, hon. Bush didn't change it with majorities in both chambers. He owns it, and so do you by supporting him. You are a hack.

The footnotes don't support the main thesis, CF. None of you ever proved that, and when challenged, you copped out with the old reactionary assertion "disprove it". I don't have to. You do. You and Mark didn't prove anything: saying "read the book and check the notes" is not proof. I have read the book and have checked the notes, and my assertion is they don't. So you get to prove it. Until you do, you fail.

Last edited:
The footnotes don't support the main thesis, CF. None of you ever proved that, and when challenged, you copped out with the old reactionary assertion "disprove it". I don't have to. You do. You and Mark didn't prove anything: saying "read the book and check the notes" is not proof. I have read the book and have checked the notes, and my assertion is they don't. So you get to prove it. Until you do, you fail.

How much history must you try and re-write that will make your views close to being believeable?

Jakey just negged me a big -52 pts. Sigh. He said some pretty nasty things, but I don't think CF, you should allow this thread to be derailed. Jakey lost, big time. Before you came and gave him the tennis analogy to use.

He hoped no one could find a credible source on Bush, Freddie, Fannie, Barney, and Chris. But it was found.

Then he tried to ignore it, but unfortunately 'his side' kept reposting it. Jakey hates that, much better to call names and bury the truth.

Then he made it worse:

lil jakey said:

which of course leads to his hundreds of posts of lies about Obama would be great if not for the obstructionists Republicans.

Jakey lost, no getting around it.

I have been a member of the GOP for more than 35 years. I have no use for homophobes, sexists, or racists like bigrebnc or those who support him. They are all smeared with same anti-American bs they push in the name of Americanism. We have managed to keep the wacks like bigreb out of any influence here for more than twenty years, and that will continue. We will take his vote, just not his lip. What a hoot is that he calls his activist reactionary agenda "conservative."
T. Coddington? Is that you?

You whine because I neg repped you in return for your puny rep?

You want me to prove your unproven assertions?

Take a cry elsewhere, Annie, put on your training bra, motor over to namby pamby land, and grow up.

You whine because I neg repped you in return for your puny rep?

You want me to prove your unproven assertions?

Take a cry elsewhere, Annie, put on your training bra, motor over to namby pamby land, and grow up.

LOL! I'm not whining, you did. Just want to further expose you for the sniveling, liar you are. :eusa_liar:

What, are you 13? I am not, but you are? Oh, girl, calm down, the Christmas prom is coming up, and you can practice on him for that, not me.

Forum List

Back