Obama is begging for $$$: "I can't do this by myself"

Oooooooooh I like this.:D Romney is raising more cash it seems.

US election: Barack Obama begs donors for more as Mitt Romney rakes it in
Barack Obama has issued a plea for wealthy supporters to give him more money and stop his re-election campaign being outspent by Mitt Romney and the Republican's billionaire backers.

"In a phone call from Air Force One, the President reportedly told a group of top donors "I can't do this by myself" and urged them to open their cheque books to "meet or exceed what you did in 2008".

Noting that most had "maxed out to my campaign last time," Mr Obama told them: "I really need you to do the same this time," according to a leaked transcript.
Despite holding a narrow lead over his rival, the president informed the supporters that his ability to campaign and broadcast advertisements in key battleground states such as Florida and Ohio directly depended on their generosity.

Details of the call emerged days after Mr Obama warned supporters that he would be "the first president in modern history to be outspent" by his opponent unless donors upped their contributions.

Mr Romney and his party raised $76 million (£49 million) for their campaign in May, while Mr Obama – who had not been out-raised in five years – brought in $60 million (£38 million) with the Democrats.

And what make this hilarious is that the Dems are blaming Republicans for lack of donations to Obama.

:lol: Libs never cease to amaze me.

Joe Trippi, a leading Democratic strategist, said Mr Obama's network of donors had been slow to realise that they could lose, thanks to the circus-like quality of the Republican party primary contest.

:eusa_boohoo:

US election: Barack Obama begs donors for more as Mitt Romney rakes it in - Telegraph

Really. Someone has access to transcripts of the presidents phone calls? Really? Someone on air force one? Someone in the white house? And you believe this? I had no idea you were this stupid. Thanks for sharing the fact that you are as dumb as a bag of hammers.

The Telegraph isn't a good enough source for you? What media outlet would suit your fancy?

Anything with lots and lots of pictures and it is delivered by a purple dinosaur.

Let me get this straight. There is a spy in the white house and THIS is all they could come up with?

Award for dumbest spy of all time goes to........

It was caught on tape Huggy.

Judging by his pleas in this audio tape sent to the Daily Beast by an Obama donor, the President and his campaign know it:

“The majority on this call maxed out to my campaign last time. I really need you to do the same this time,” the president said in a highly unusual (and presumably legal) fundraising pitch from Air Force One on his way back to Washington from Colorado Springs, where he’d been assessing the terrible damage caused by uncontained wildfires. A special phone on the government aircraft is dedicated to political calls that are paid for by the campaign.

Read more: Shocking Huffington Post Headline: 'Obama Begs Donors: Send More $$$' | NewsBusters.org

Let me get this straight. There is a spy in the white house and THIS is all they could come up with?

Award for dumbest spy of all time goes to........

It was caught on tape Huggy.

Judging by his pleas in this audio tape sent to the Daily Beast by an Obama donor, the President and his campaign know it:

“The majority on this call maxed out to my campaign last time. I really need you to do the same this time,” the president said in a highly unusual (and presumably legal) fundraising pitch from Air Force One on his way back to Washington from Colorado Springs, where he’d been assessing the terrible damage caused by uncontained wildfires. A special phone on the government aircraft is dedicated to political calls that are paid for by the campaign.

Read more: Shocking Huffington Post Headline: 'Obama Begs Donors: Send More $$$' | NewsBusters.org

Oh cool, I was right.

Really. Someone has access to transcripts of the presidents phone calls? Really? Someone on air force one? Someone in the white house? And you believe this? I had no idea you were this stupid. Thanks for sharing the fact that you are as dumb as a bag of hammers.

The Telegraph isn't a good enough source for you? What media outlet would suit your fancy?

I think he's questioning The Telegraph's source, not The Telegraph.

I'm sure the source was one of the people Obama called, asking for money, not a "spy" on AF1, though.

Bingo! You win the trip to Hawaii!:D Apparently there was a tape that was sent to the Daily Beast and the story of course spread from there.

Well, if he really needs the money I dont mind helping him find another job so he can make that money by voting him out in November. Im more than happy to do my part and assist him.

Forum List

Back