Obama is begging for $$$: "I can't do this by myself"

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
Oooooooooh I like this.:D Romney is raising more cash it seems.

US election: Barack Obama begs donors for more as Mitt Romney rakes it in
Barack Obama has issued a plea for wealthy supporters to give him more money and stop his re-election campaign being outspent by Mitt Romney and the Republican's billionaire backers.

"In a phone call from Air Force One, the President reportedly told a group of top donors "I can't do this by myself" and urged them to open their cheque books to "meet or exceed what you did in 2008".

Noting that most had "maxed out to my campaign last time," Mr Obama told them: "I really need you to do the same this time," according to a leaked transcript.

Despite holding a narrow lead over his rival, the president informed the supporters that his ability to campaign and broadcast advertisements in key battleground states such as Florida and Ohio directly depended on their generosity.

Details of the call emerged days after Mr Obama warned supporters that he would be "the first president in modern history to be outspent" by his opponent unless donors upped their contributions.

Mr Romney and his party raised $76 million (£49 million) for their campaign in May, while Mr Obama – who had not been out-raised in five years – brought in $60 million (£38 million) with the Democrats.

And what make this hilarious is that the Dems are blaming Republicans for lack of donations to Obama.

:lol: Libs never cease to amaze me.

Joe Trippi, a leading Democratic strategist, said Mr Obama's network of donors had been slow to realise that they could lose, thanks to the circus-like quality of the Republican party primary contest.

:eusa_boohoo:

US election: Barack Obama begs donors for more as Mitt Romney rakes it in - Telegraph

Last edited:
Hard to believe that the "Lord"
is finding it hard to raise money

obama-fly.jpg

Obama: Rich people i will bring u down i will tax u and I will dog u anytime u make money and i will make the poor the wealthy,

Aide: My lord, our saviour our "the One" we need money.

Obama: Rich people, i thought about it, I need money,

What about the billion he said he would raise, how much more does the guy need?

So why aren't democratics stepping up to the plate for Dear Leader?

Perhaps the lefty posters here can let us know why they don't donate....

I for one
am ready for the next logical step of the Left

One person on the ballot, vote yes or no
It "worked" well for years in the Soviet Union

Obama has still raised more than twice what Romney has, in total.

Apparently 0bama doesn't feel that's enough to ensure victory...

Else he wouldn't be big-time begging...

Of course he would be. July 1st was an FEC filing deadline.

Every campaign, for every office, in the entire country has spent the last week begging for money.

Well time will only tell

Don't forget PACS and Romney did out raise Papa Obama in May

NYT- Fund-Raising for Romney Eats Into Obama’s Edge

With Republican Congressional committees largely keeping pace with the Democrats, Mr. Obama and his Democratic allies appear increasingly likely to be matched or even outspent by Republican and conservative groups — a far cry from 2008, when Mr. Obama outspent Senator John McCain by more than two to one and super PACs did not exist. All told, Mr. Obama, Congressional Democrats and liberal groups have raised at least $547 million in this election cycle while Mr. Romney, Congressional Republicans, and the top conservative outside groups have raised at least $462 million, according to a review of reports filed with the Federal Election Commission through Sunday and interviews with officials.

Hard to believe that the "Lord" is finding it hard to raise money
I agree.

One of the most disappointing aspects of the Obama presidency has been his willingness to allow the white-collar criminals who have perpetrated the greatest and boldest theft in the history of larceny to just walk away smiling. These people have stolen trillions of dollars from the American people and there hasn't been a single investigation into the events on Wall Street and in the banking industry. And Obama is asking us for money?

My guess is it's a diversionary gesture. I'm sure he will have all the money he needs to wage an effective political campaign -- and to feather his nest when he leaves Office.

Apparently 0bama doesn't feel that's enough to ensure victory...

Else he wouldn't be big-time begging...

Of course he would be. July 1st was an FEC filing deadline.

Every campaign, for every office, in the entire country has spent the last week begging for money.

It's July 3rd... He's still begging...

If it makes you feel better to call it "begging", that's fine. But don't try to claim that he isn't doing the same thing as every other candidate for every other seat is.

That's how politics in this country works. Candidates spend most of their time "begging" for money.

The OP is about pre July 1st fundraising, though.

Forum List

Back