Obama: Iran has a "right" to nuclear energy

What he really said... got lost in there, eh?

"What I do believe is that Iran has legitimate energy concerns, legitimate aspirations," Obama said, adding that the international community also "has a very real interest" in preventing a nuclear arms race.

I don't think anyone would say there aren't competing interests... and perhaps the fact that he knows that will enable him to see when Ahmadinejhad is full of it....

or maybe the ratcheted down rhetoric will enable him to enlist the more moderate Arab countries who are Sunni and have an interest in seeing the Shi'a in Iran kept at bay

just sayin'

No, Jillian. No.

Obama said "President Barack Obama suggested that Iran may have some right to nuclear energy _ provided it proves by the end of the year that its aspirations are peaceful."

Iran has as much right to nuclear energy as Shogun does to be Angas' love slave.

Do you really want to throw stones after commenting that the only USMB poster you are brave enough to punch is Amanda, pussy? You don't get to dictate who has a right to what. Just because we let YOUR pussy ass pet nation fly under the radar doesn't mean that you are calling the shots. Sit down and shut the fuck up while big nations talk at the big table.

No, Jillian. No.

Obama said "President Barack Obama suggested that Iran may have some right to nuclear energy _ provided it proves by the end of the year that its aspirations are peaceful."

Iran has as much right to nuclear energy as Shogun does to be Angas' love slave.

you voting for Romney in 2012, then?

I hope like hell that Romney is the candidate in 2012, if not, then hopefully someone even better came along in the meantime.

It won't be Palin. I guarantee that.

Bush said Iran had a right to civilian nuclear energy in his speech to the UN a few years ago.

Who's shocked by this? Its universally acknowleged that sovereign nations have a right to any kind of energy they want to use. That's not the issue. The issue is making sure they don't weaponize it.

What common ground is there for a state that wants to wipe Israel off the map?

Well, what is the actual position of Iran's supreme THEOCRATIC leadership?

And who says Iran wants to wipe anyone off the map? I hope you're not referring to the quote 'Zionist occupation should be wiped from the pages of history' (that was actually mis-translated by the Iranians but that was clarified soon after) Ahmadinejad quoted from an earlier leader (Khomeini maybe).

The Mullahs have the authority over the military, but a-jad has said he wants to bring about Armageddon. not Hagee's words, his.

And who says Iran wants to wipe anyone off the map? I hope you're not referring to the quote 'Zionist occupation should be wiped from the pages of history' (that was actually mis-translated by the Iranians but that was clarified soon after) Ahmadinejad quoted from an earlier leader (Khomeini maybe).

Of course he is. It's the fucking soundbyte that gives zionists wood these days. It's like a fucking coupon for muslim death, really.

Bush said Iran had a right to civilian nuclear energy in his speech to the UN a few years ago.

Who's shocked by this? Its universally acknowleged that sovereign nations have a right to any kind of energy they want to use. That's not the issue. The issue is making sure they don't weaponize it.

What's to stop them from weaponizing once they have that energy? The energy they want puts them extremely close to weapons capability.

The Mullahs have the authority over the military, but a-jad has said he wants to bring about Armageddon. not Hagee's words, his.

Are you really stupid enough to suggest that end of days christians arent basing their support of isreal on the SOLE impression that such is an indication of the LAST DAYS? For real, dude. Your willingness to disregard reality only proves how similar zionism is to nazi'ism.

Seems like any nation has as much a 'right' to anything any other nation has... unless we have two sets of rules for nations to abide by?

What's to stop them from weaponizing once they have that energy? The energy they want puts them extremely close to weapons capability.

the same thing that kept the US and USSR from nuking the planet. Mutually assured destruction. say, jew, how often do you think israel will rattle a sabre after it knows it's ass can get nuked on par with the threats it sends out? Works both ways.

Are you really stupid enough to suggest that end of days christians arent basing their support of isreal on the SOLE impression that such is an indication of the LAST DAYS? For real, dude. Your willingness to disregard reality only proves how similar zionism is to nazi'ism.

Of course they are, which has nothing to do with what a-jad said.

the same thing that kept the US and USSR from nuking the planet. Mutually assured destruction. say, jew, how often do you think israel will rattle a sabre after it knows it's ass can get nuked on par with the threats it sends out? Works both ways.

1. I'm not Jewish.
2. Has Israel said it wants to wipe Iran off the map?
3. MADD doesn't work with people like A-jad. It may work with the Mullahs, we have to hope it does.

Of course he is. It's the fucking soundbyte that gives zionists wood these days. It's like a fucking coupon for muslim death, really.

Gimme your best spin on holocaust denial, too.

I suppose the same thing that stops other nations from weaponizing - NOTHING.
The only nations pointing the finger have nuclear weapons it seems, and really they end up making a strong case against their stated wishes.

All of your dumb questions are easily answered with a few clicks. Try it sometime instead of posting your silly blather, proving you don't actually KNOW a goddamned thing.

I'm waiting.. why haven't we built some???? why can't we drill our own gas and natural gas?? why doyathink?? tell me without googling..

I already answered why no refineries are being built, and I already told you we ARE drilling for oil as well as extracting natural gas. That's MY answer, without Googling, but obviously you want me to repeat everything contained in this one-stop website. Do your own fucking research, then come back and ask some SMART questions instead of just smartASS questions. Is that asking too much?

Energy Information Administration - EIA - Official Energy Statistics from the U.S. Government

what you are studiously avoiding telling me. is that the pop up Pelsoi plan has been to block all offshore drilling where it counts, we are now banned from drilling off our shores where the oil is.. we are allowed to drill where it isn't ,,and you studiously avoid telling me how and why and when we will build enough nuclear plants to provide energy for the nation cause you and I both know wind ain't gonna do it,, neither is solar?? know why?? cause the dishonest fuck known as Ted Kennedy don't like the sight of windmills in his backyard and that dishonest fuck known as Nancy Pelosi don't want no goddamned solar panels in her desert,, and you cannot run an airplane on a far. now start from there.. and we'll go on with this discussion

Of course they are, which has nothing to do with what a-jad said.

It has EVERYTING to do with it as long as your big giant panty twist remains that A-jad is a religious nutter hellbent on armaghedoen. I sure don't see you shedding Hagee attention despite the root of their support.

you know what's funny about this latest goddamn spew from the obamalama??? Iran is entitled to Nuclear energy.. America is not?? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Now where did you get that idea, honey?

probably from obama, sweetie.

"To achieve our goal of generating 25 percent of our energy from renewable sources by 2025, we will make unprecedented investments in clean, renewable energy – solar, wind, biofuels, and geothermal power"

i don't see any mention of nuclear power as part of his plan.
probably a typo.

Organizing for America | BarackObama.com | Energy

Oh how you people LOOOOOOOVE to cherry pick and present it as gospel.

"Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama favors the continued use of nuclear power and sees it as an integral and inevitable part of any effective U.S. energy policy, especially in light of growing concerns about global warming.

"Nevertheless, Obama believes the United States must not increase its reliance on nuclear energy until other critical issues, such as national security and nuclear waste disposal, have been adequately addressed. Obama has said, “I don’t think that nuclear power is a panacea” for America’s energy problems.

“Nuclear power represents more than 70 percent of our non-carbon generated electricity,” Obama says in his energy plan. “It is unlikely that we can meet our aggressive climate goals if we eliminate nuclear power as an option. However, before an expansion of nuclear power can be considered, key issues must be addressed including: security of nuclear fuel and waste, waste storage, and proliferation.”

Obama on Nuclear Energy - Election 2008 - Barack Obama on Nuclear Energy

It's been Obama's position all along.

I was thinking the same thing after reading his post, the same applies to oil refineries as well.

Sigh... WE ARE DRILLING!!!! For both oil AND natural gas. The reason refineries aren't being built is because it's too expensive to build these monstrosities when investment in green energy is becoming more popular. Of course there's always the nimby factor, too. Want one in your backyard?

u10992200.jpg

you gonna fly yer airplane on a fart?

I have no idea what that's supposed to mean. Are you drunk today on top of being just stupid in general?

Gimme your best spin on holocaust denial, too.

Can you quote me suggesting that the holocast didn't happen? I look forward to your evidence.

what I CAN prove to you is that the quote you seem to be depending on was, in fact, a total mistranslation used as nothing more than ironic propaganda. Why don't you go ahead and post YOUR evidence of that quote so that I can have lots of fun dancing on your face and laughing at you with the ACTUAL translation.

Now where did you get that idea, honey?

probably from obama, sweetie.

"To achieve our goal of generating 25 percent of our energy from renewable sources by 2025, we will make unprecedented investments in clean, renewable energy – solar, wind, biofuels, and geothermal power"

i don't see any mention of nuclear power as part of his plan.
probably a typo.

Organizing for America | BarackObama.com | Energy

Oh how you people LOOOOOOOVE to cherry pick and present it as gospel.

"Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama favors the continued use of nuclear power and sees it as an integral and inevitable part of any effective U.S. energy policy, especially in light of growing concerns about global warming.

"Nevertheless, Obama believes the United States must not increase its reliance on nuclear energy until other critical issues, such as national security and nuclear waste disposal, have been adequately addressed. Obama has said, “I don’t think that nuclear power is a panacea” for America’s energy problems.

“Nuclear power represents more than 70 percent of our non-carbon generated electricity,” Obama says in his energy plan. “It is unlikely that we can meet our aggressive climate goals if we eliminate nuclear power as an option. However, before an expansion of nuclear power can be considered, key issues must be addressed including: security of nuclear fuel and waste, waste storage, and proliferation.”

Obama on Nuclear Energy - Election 2008 - Barack Obama on Nuclear Energy

It's been Obama's position all along.

What he means is,, and I'll say this slowly cause you are a libtard after all.. " It ain't never gonna happen" is what he means..

Forum List

Back