Obama inflames race relations again, invokes slavery

the complaint by many is that in 1776 some of the founders owned slaves, which was the practice back then no matter how abhorrent today. But think about it, in less then 100 years from that time the Republican party rose up to end the Democrat party slavery. Apparently Obama and many others forget that part of history. White northern Republicans won freedom for blacks. White Republicans also started the NAACP to help blacks. All good came from the Republican party. That is why the democrats/liberals try so hard to reverse history.

We have all made mistakes. But Dante tells us that divine justice weighs the sins of the cold-blooded and the sins of the warm-hearted on different scales. Better the occasional faults of a party living in the spirit of charity than the consistent omissions of a party frozen in the ice of its own indifference.
President John F. Kennedy

Funny...on all the threads and posts that are authored every single day on this board, I never hear Republicans defend blacks or minorities...EVER. I hear them defend thugs with badges like Darren Wilson. I hear them defend government agencies that discriminate against blacks and minorities. I hear them defend travesties like the abuse of the Grand Jury system like the Darren Wilson case. I hear them defend unconstitutional laws like Arizona SB 1070 that invites rampant racial profiling against Latinos, Asian-Americans and others presumed to be "foreign" based on how they look or sound and authorize police to demand papers proving citizenship or immigration status from anyone they stop and suspect of being in the country unlawfully. Or the copycat profiling laws passed by Republican state houses in Alabama, Georgia, Indiana, South Carolina and Utah.

But I never hear Republicans defend blacks, minorities or their constitutional rights...EVER.

As far as trying to reverse history...here are the FACTS...

Why Did the Democratic and Republican Parties Switch Platforms?

repub-dems.jpg

Abraham Lincoln, the 16th U.S. President and a Republican (left), and Franklin Roosevelt, the 32nd U.S. President and a Democrat. The Republican and Democratic parties effectively switched platforms between their presidencies.

During the 1860s, Republicans, who dominated northern states, orchestrated an ambitious expansion of federal power, helping to fund the transcontinental railroad, the state university system and the settlement of the West by homesteaders, and instating a national currency and protective tariff. Democrats, who dominated the South, opposed these measures. After the Civil War, Republicans passed laws that granted protections for African Americans and advanced social justice; again, Democrats largely opposed these expansions of power.

Sound like an alternate universe? Fast forward to 1936. Democratic president Franklin Roosevelt won reelection that year on the strength of the New Deal, a set of Depression-remedying reforms including regulation of financial institutions, founding of welfare and pension programs, infrastructure development and more. Roosevelt won in a landslide against Republican Alf Landon, who opposed these exercises of federal power.

So, sometime between the 1860s and 1936, the (Democratic) party of small government became the party of big government, and the (Republican) party of big government became rhetorically committed to curbing federal power.
more
Goebbels would be proud

the complaint by many is that in 1776 some of the founders owned slaves, which was the practice back then no matter how abhorrent today. But think about it, in less then 100 years from that time the Republican party rose up to end the Democrat party slavery. Apparently Obama and many others forget that part of history. White northern Republicans won freedom for blacks. White Republicans also started the NAACP to help blacks. All good came from the Republican party. That is why the democrats/liberals try so hard to reverse history.

We have all made mistakes. But Dante tells us that divine justice weighs the sins of the cold-blooded and the sins of the warm-hearted on different scales. Better the occasional faults of a party living in the spirit of charity than the consistent omissions of a party frozen in the ice of its own indifference.

Funny...on all the threads and posts that are authored every single day on this board, I never hear Republicans defend blacks or minorities...EVER. I hear them defend thugs with badges like Darren Wilson. I hear them defend government agencies that discriminate against blacks and minorities. I hear them defend travesties like the abuse of the Grand Jury system like the Darren Wilson case. I hear them defend unconstitutional laws like Arizona SB 1070 that invites rampant racial profiling against Latinos, Asian-Americans and others presumed to be "foreign" based on how they look or sound and authorize police to demand papers proving citizenship or immigration status from anyone they stop and suspect of being in the country unlawfully. Or the copycat profiling laws passed by Republican state houses in Alabama, Georgia, Indiana, South Carolina and Utah.

But I never hear Republicans defend blacks, minorities or their constitutional rights...EVER.

repub-dems.jpg

Abraham Lincoln, the 16th U.S. President and a Republican (left), and Franklin Roosevelt, the 32nd U.S. President and a Democrat. The Republican and Democratic parties effectively switched platforms between their presidencies.

During the 1860s, Republicans, who dominated northern states, orchestrated an ambitious expansion of federal power, helping to fund the transcontinental railroad, the state university system and the settlement of the West by homesteaders, and instating a national currency and protective tariff. Democrats, who dominated the South, opposed these measures. After the Civil War, Republicans passed laws that granted protections for African Americans and advanced social justice; again, Democrats largely opposed these expansions of power.

Sound like an alternate universe? Fast forward to 1936. Democratic president Franklin Roosevelt won reelection that year on the strength of the New Deal, a set of Depression-remedying reforms including regulation of financial institutions, founding of welfare and pension programs, infrastructure development and more. Roosevelt won in a landslide against Republican Alf Landon, who opposed these exercises of federal power.

So, sometime between the 1860s and 1936, the (Democratic) party of small government became the party of big government, and the (Republican) party of big government became rhetorically committed to curbing federal power.
more

First of all I can not help you if you are oblivious to race, just can't do it. You say that the right never defends minorities, yet I have seen Herman Cain defended many times. Dr. Carson is defended, many times. There are other but why bother? What I think you meant is that the right doesn't defend the minorities that fit the definition that the democrat left wing liberals have invented. (democrats)

The whole switched parties BS is just that BS. You can't name one thing that the Republican party has EVER done to hurt blacks. But i certainly can name many things that the democrat party has and is doing to blacks. Insitutional slavery being one of them. The democrats SAY they have been helping blacks since LBJ said that he had to give them a little something but the blight of the blacks that the democrats say they are helping hasn't improved hardly at all. So guess what, even if the left wing thinks they are being compassionate their results have been exactly the opposite of the stated intent, as it always is.

BTW, The interstate highway system, Republican. The earn income tax credit, Republican. The EPA, Republican. The first clean water act, Republican. MLK birthday a national holiday, Republican. Winning the cold war, Republican. Aids aid to Africa, Republican. These are things that really help people to be all they can be.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Bfgrn, post: 10917484, member: 19018"]
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

Abraham Lincoln[/QUOTE]

Look at Obama when he was elected president. He thought and used the presidency as a Dictator, He has abused our Constitution and we have such a weak congress, nothing has been done about it.

Abraham Lincoln would be dismayed.

Laughable. Racist democrats in the south decided they would switch to the Rublican party that gave blacks civil rights and the vote. Oh yeah, that's belivable. I have a bridge I want to sell you in San Francisco.

maybe the white police officers in Ferguson should get jobs elsewhere and let the African American community take care of themselves ?

there will be a utopia in Ferguson
They need an all Black Police force and Judges and clerks ...the whole Ferguson Government needs to be Black...

yep, segregation
yep get a taste of your medicine...the white people in Ferguson have proven they cannot be allowed in Government..they use it to manifest bigotry and economic exploitation...no whining white creep

the white people should get out too

then Ferguson will be an all black shithole just like zimbabwe

Obama: ‘We’re the Slaves Who Built the White House’

"Look at our history. We are Lewis and Clark and Sacajawea, pioneers who braved the unfamiliar, followed by a stampede of farmers and miners, and entrepreneurs and hucksters. That’s our spirit. That’s who we are.

"We are Sojourner Truth and Fannie Lou Hamer, women who could do as much as any man and then some. And we’re Susan B. Anthony, who shook the system until the law reflected that truth. That is our character.

"We’re the immigrants who stowed away on ships to reach these shores, the huddled masses yearning to breathe free –- Holocaust survivors, Soviet defectors, the Lost Boys of Sudan. We’re the hopeful strivers who cross the Rio Grande because we want our kids to know a better life. That’s how we came to be. (Applause.)

"We’re the slaves who built the White House and the economy of the South. (Applause.) We’re the ranch hands and cowboys who opened up the West, and countless laborers who laid rail, and raised skyscrapers, and organized for workers’ rights.

"We’re the fresh-faced GIs who fought to liberate a continent. And we’re the Tuskeegee Airmen, and the Navajo code-talkers, and the Japanese Americans who fought for this country even as their own liberty had been denied.

"We’re the firefighters who rushed into those buildings on 9/11, the volunteers who signed up to fight in Afghanistan and Iraq. We’re the gay Americans whose blood ran in the streets of San Francisco and New York, just as blood ran down this bridge. (Applause.)

"We are storytellers, writers, poets, artists who abhor unfairness, and despise hypocrisy, and give voice to the voiceless, and tell truths that need to be told.

"We’re the inventors of gospel and jazz and blues, bluegrass and country, and hip-hop and rock and roll, and our very own sound with all the sweet sorrow and reckless joy of freedom.

"We are Jackie Robinson, enduring scorn and spiked cleats and pitches coming straight to his head, and stealing home in the World Series anyway. (Applause.)

"We are the people Langston Hughes wrote of who “build our temples for tomorrow, strong as we know how.” We are the people Emerson wrote of, “who for truth and honor’s sake stand fast and suffer long;” who are “never tired, so long as we can see far enough.”

"That’s what America is. Not stock photos or airbrushed history, or feeble attempts to define some of us as more American than others. (Applause.) We respect the past, but we don’t pine for the past. We don’t fear the future; we grab for it. America is not some fragile thing. We are large, in the words of Whitman, containing multitudes. We are boisterous and diverse and full of energy, perpetually young in spirit. That’s why someone like John Lewis at the ripe old age of 25 could lead a mighty march."

Obama We re the Slaves Who Built the White House The Weekly Standard
-------------------------------

They will not stop. The democrats just will not stop using the grievance industry to gain power and advance their agenda. They just will not stop.

quote-there-is-another-class-of-colored-people-who-make-a-business-of-keeping-the-troubles-the-wrongs-booker-t-washington-354862.jpg

I wonder who Booker T's quote applies to today.......

EQqRH.jpg

As a democrat, I supported slavry back in 1860. I see no problem with it and I wish I can bring it back but we have so many of those Cotten pickers in our party that it's a dead issue. Did I tell you we opposed most civil rights legislation pushed in the fifties?
. Finally, a Democrat admitting the racism in his party.

White people get out of Ferguson only after they have paid the fines and fees imposed on them by the all Black Police and courts....Fair is Fair

repub-dems.jpg

more

First of all I can not help you if you are oblivious to race, just can't do it. You say that the right never defends minorities, yet I have seen Herman Cain defended many times. Dr. Carson is defended, many times. There are other but why bother? What I think you meant is that the right doesn't defend the minorities that fit the definition that the democrat left wing liberals have invented. (democrats)

The whole switched parties BS is just that BS. You can't name one thing that the Republican party has EVER done to hurt blacks. But i certainly can name many things that the democrat party has and is doing to blacks. Insitutional slavery being one of them. The democrats SAY they have been helping blacks since LBJ said that he had to give them a little something but the blight of the blacks that the democrats say they are helping hasn't improved hardly at all. So guess what, even if the left wing thinks they are being compassionate their results have been exactly the opposite of the stated intent, as it always is.

BTW, The interstate highway system, Republican. The earn income tax credit, Republican. The EPA, Republican. The first clean water act, Republican. MLK birthday a national holiday, Republican. Winning the cold war, Republican. Aids aid to Africa, Republican. These are things that really help people to be all they can be.

Are you THAT dishonest or just that obtuse? There is no debate that the two parties have switched. The only BS is you ignorant "institutional slavery" charge. NONE of what you give the GOP credit for was done only by Republicans, without HEAVY support by Democrats or even overcoming Republican opposition.

The EITC was the brainchild of Senate Finance Committee Chairman Democrat Russell Long.

The idea of Martin Luther King Jr. Day as a holiday was promoted by labor unions, authored by Democrat
Rep. Katie Hall and Reagan originally opposed the holiday.

CnJpTAZ.png

[QUOTE="Bfgrn, post: 10917484, member: 19018"]
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

Abraham Lincoln

Look at Obama when he was elected president. He thought and used the presidency as a Dictator, He has abused our Constitution and we have such a weak congress, nothing has been done about it.

Abraham Lincoln would be dismayed.[/QUOTE]

A steaming pile of right wing propaganda...

executive-orders.jpg

071014_Executive_Orders.jpg

Sorry bout that,

1. I argue Obama claims black people are still slaves, and his people in fact built the White House, and he is reaching back to those days through his slave relatives, claiming some sort of forced *Nazi Camp* type reality not only on his relatives but himself as he and the black race need to be set free some day, and reach the mountain top all together now!
2. He indeed set back the negro race over one hundred years.
3. Back to the time the White House was built.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

1. Its now as if *ALL* African Americans just got off the slave ships after being sold into slavery by the black muslims in Africa in the 1600's.
2. Would be better if they would just go back to Africa now and try to find their roots and build democracies in Africa.
3. Really.

Regards,
SirJAmesofTexas

Forum List

Back