Obama Hurting Hillary's Chances

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
Looks like Obama is out to kneecap Hillary even before she announces. If not, then he is totally clueless because that is exactly what he is doing.
President Obama ’s high-risk immigration gamble may have severe consequences for Washington, the country and the Democratic Party, most of all Hillary Clinton .

Mrs. Clinton’s putative bid for the Democratic presidential nomination is already running into trouble. The national exit poll from the recently completed midterm elections showed her with less than a majority of voters (43%) saying she would make a good president. When pitted against an unnamed Republican candidate, Mrs. Clinton lost 40% to 34%.

Those grim numbers followed on a September WSJ/NBC poll showing a plunge in Mrs. Clinton’s favorability rating, to 43%, from 59% in 2009.

And that was before President Obama launched a defiant post-midterm campaign discarding political compromise and unilaterally doubling down on his unpopular policies. As a candidate, Mrs. Clinton would likely inherit a damaged party—and as a former member of his administration, she would struggle with the consequences of Mr. Obama’s go-it-alone governance.

The latest indication of the president’s politically damaging approach was his move on Thursday to unilaterally grant amnesty to an estimated five million illegal immigrants. A Rasmussen poll released Nov. 18 found that 53% of likely voters opposed the amnesty without congressional approval, while 34% approved. Moreover, 62% of those polled said that the president lacks the legal authority to take the action without congressional approval, and 55% said Congress should challenge the executive order in court.

That’s a problem for Democrats, who will be asked to defend the president, as they have had to do with other Obama policies, like the Affordable Care Act, that lack the support of most Americans.

Another source of trouble for Democrats: The proposed Keystone XL pipeline, which is enormously popular—59% of Americans are in favor, 31% against, according to a Pew poll this month. With the project so heavily favored, the president could score an easy win by backing the pipeline, but instead he has aligned himself with the elitist, environmentalist left led by billionaire environmentalist Tom Steyer.

Mr. Obama’s willingness to disregard the public’s wishes will hurt Mrs. Clinton in particular. The president’s former secretary of state is already struggling to forge an independent identity without disowning the president. It will be almost impossible for Mrs. Clinton to directly oppose him over the next two years, though she will certainly continue to try to distance herself from Mr. Obama, as she did during her summer book tour. But if the president continues to lose the support of Democrats and moderates—as Mrs. Clinton has—she might have no alternative but to shelve her presidential ambitions.
]

The further she is from his policies, the better her chances. Don't worry your tiny little mind for the GOP has two years to fuck things up, and they always do.

The further she is from his policies, the better her chances. Don't worry your tiny little mind for the GOP has two years to fuck things up, and they always do.
Obama still controls the Executive branch and has given a big Fuck You to the GOP. The economy will not improve, foreign policy will get worse, the failure of Democrat policies will become even more painfully clear.
And Hillary will be tied to it.

Obama still controls the Executive branch and has given a big Fuck You to the GOP. The economy will not improve, foreign policy will get worse, the failure of Democrat policies will become even more painfully clear.
And Hillary will be tied to it.
No, she won't be. She left the Administration long ago, for that very reason.

Obama could kill 20% of Hillarys audience, she would and will kick any Republicans ass that runs against her.

Obama could kill 20% of Hillarys audience, she would and will kick any Republicans ass that runs against her.
Failed to read the post, eh? Hillary comes in much lower than a generic Republican.
That's because once they have a name she kicks their asses. That's how it works.

What difference does she make?
Wait and see. So far she's so far ahead, in both parties, that no one can see anyone else.

Failed to read the post, eh? Hillary comes in much lower than a generic Republican.
That's because once they have a name she kicks their asses. That's how it works.

What difference does she make?
Wait and see. So far she's so far ahead, in both parties, that no one can see anyone else.
She's not even going to be the nominee! Your boy Christie has a better chance of bagging the Den nomination

Sent from smartphone using my wits and Taptalk

Hillary is hurting Hillary's chances. She needs to stop acting like a Republican, and she'll never shake that record of hers.

I'm getting the feeling Hillary doesn't even want to run for President. She's old and worn out. Hell she quit SOS after one term. So that is the reason the Progressive/Dems are throwing out ANOTHER JUNIOR Senator young hag, Warren on the people. They have to keep their base riled up and this way, instead of accusing everyone of being racist, now it will be. You're all Sexist. Notice they don't have a problem with that for any Republican women in Government.

I'm getting the feeling Hillary doesn't even want to run for President. She's old and worn out. Hell she quit SOS after one term. So that is the reason the Progressive/Dems are throwing out ANOTHER JUNIOR Senator young hag, Warren on the people. They have to keep their base riled up and this way, instead of accusing everyone of being racist, now it will be. You're all Sexist. Notice they don't have a problem with that for any Republican women in Government.

Warren doesn't want to run, nor do us progressives want her to.

I'd like to see her run. It would make for a more interesting campaign season.

I'd like to see her run. It would make for a more interesting campaign season.

The benefit is she would bring a lot of discussions surrounding progressive policies into the public sphere, but I would argue she has already accomplished that to a certain degree. She would definitely have more opportunities to sell that framework to U.S. voters, and ultimately having more progressive ideology in the public sphere would be great.

The downside - as somebody that loves Warren - would be that, in the chance that she did win, she would lose a lot of power. Obama isn't necessarily a do-nothing president or turning on all of his values (though he has turned on a lot of what he ran on, but that is for another thread). Obama in office has shown just how much that position is constrained by the other branches of government, which is the point. As of right now, Warren is having a lot of success bringing economic inequality, the power elite, and white collar crime into the public discourse, and making everyone else look like asshats for not caring about these issues. If she became president, the expectation would be on her to fix it, which the Obama presidency has shown, isn't necessarily an easy reality to grasp.

Ultimately, American politics at the national level is more of a spectacle than anything else, and Warren is one of the few that I think is invested in it for more than making a career for herself. I feel like the presidential position would detract from the ground she has made, and so I hope she sticks to her guns and decides not to run.

Oh but they do. A woman to the left of Hillary? You betcha.

Forum List

Back