Obama hunting: is it a violent image?

I don't think the left in this country will be happy until they shut down our Freedoms of Speech.

especially if it has anything to do with "this President"

Didn't see anyone trying to stop him from talking, plus he wasn't arrested.
But way to take this even farther.

excuses , excuses

Nothing that is said will ever be too much as long as you are on the right huh?

Hey fuckwad Sally..... nobody advocates the assassination of our elected officials save a few wackjobs... and you on the left sure have your share of those as well.

"Lighten up Francis"

Lordy some people need a fucking spine.

And a sense of humor.

I'm sorry, but I don't find those kinds of jokes to be funny... it is too close to something that can happen any day and it just is not funny.

I think you already know that I am no fan of Barack Obama, but I do love this country and even the joking about "hunting the President" is bothersome to me.

Immie

Lordy some people need a fucking spine.

And a sense of humor.

I'm sorry, but I don't find those kinds of jokes to be funny... it is too close to something that can happen any day and it just is not funny.

I think you already know that I am no fan of Barack Obama, but I do love this country and even the joking about "hunting the President" is bothersome to me.

Immie

So fine, change the name to someone down the street that annoys you. Why does everything have to be some huge deal? It's not like someone was in the parking lot selling handmade tags.

It was a flippant comment thrown into a discussion - happens every day.

I have a question.

I did not read each of the links in the first three posts, but I did read most of the OP.

But, how the heck did he get away with making a comment about hunting the President? That sounds like a threat to me, inappropriate and joke or not, not funny.

Immie

Any threats against the President should be taken seriously. OTOH, what about all the hilarity over the movie that showed Bush being assassinated? Didn't see much angst from the left over that, much less condemnation.

I have a question.

I did not read each of the links in the first three posts, but I did read most of the OP.

But, how the heck did he get away with making a comment about hunting the President? That sounds like a threat to me, inappropriate and joke or not, not funny.

Immie

Any threats against the President should be taken seriously. OTOH, what about all the hilarity over the movie that showed Bush being assassinated? Didn't see much angst from the left over that, much less condemnation.

Do you really see a flippant comment out of nowhere to be a serious threat?

Maybe I have a different definition of serious...

I have a question.

Immie

Not sure which flippant comment you are referring to.

In other news.... a Liberal movie maker produces a movie about the assasination of President Bush while liberals laugh with glee.
Notice how CON$ habitually use the "Two wrongs make THE Right" argument, but condemn anyone else who uses the same argument!!!

Apparently the "freedom" loving CON$ are FREE to use any argument for any reason or no reason, but no one else is FREE to enjoy the same "freedom." CON$ only believe in SELECTIVE freedom!

I have a question.

Immie

I condemned the film myself, but I am not left wing. I simply do not find these kinds of jokes to be funny.

The film was produced by people out of the country who were not subject to our laws. Not a whole hell of a lot we could do about it.

As for the hilarity (if you can call it such) over the move, I do remember there were some from the left who thought it was great and couldn't understand why anyone would have a problem with it. I thought that was a sad time in our history, that someone would stand up for that movie.

Immie

Not sure which flippant comment you are referring to.

The one this thread is based on.. "What about an Obama tag"?

In other news.... a Liberal movie maker produces a movie about the assasination of President Bush while liberals laugh with glee.

The problem with your rebuttal, is the producer in question isn't an American and doesn't live in America as far as I know. But I guess that's in keeping with the wingnuts inability to hit the right targets, hence they supported the invasion of Iraq.

And equally invalid comparison would be if our rightwing nuts were blamed for what the Islamic right wingnuts are doing. Just because both are wingnuts, doesn't make one responsible for what the other does. But I wouldn't expect you to understand that. Like I said, intellectually, America ain't what it used to be.

Last edited:
I have a question.

Immie

Serious threat?

No.

But, back to my comments:

1) I don't find it funny.

2) and this is what is important... If I had made those comments, do you think a simple laughing it off as a joke would have saved me?

Immie

The problem with your rebuttal, is the producer in question isn't an American and doesn't live in America. But I guess that's in keeping with the wingnuts inability to hit the right targets, hence they supported the invasion of Iraq.

But, it is not any different than the "hang Bush" and "kill Bush" signs we are still seeing today.

Immie

Hey fuckwad Sally..... nobody advocates the assassination of our elected officials save a few wackjobs... and you on the left sure have your share of those as well.

"Lighten up Francis"

This wack job is running for the republicans for gov.

Will you guys just accept him or refuse to vote for someone who would talk about killing the president?

The problem with your rebuttal, is the producer in question isn't an American and doesn't live in America. But I guess that's in keeping with the wingnuts inability to hit the right targets, hence they supported the invasion of Iraq.

But, it is not any different than the "hang Bush" and "kill Bush" signs we are still seeing today.

Immie

Who in or running for office said that ?

Immie

Who in or running for office said that ?

Shut up if you won't read all my postings in this thread.

Immie

I have a question.

Immie

Do you mean the movie no one saw or even heard about except CON$? The one that was actually about LOSS of personal FREEDOMS from laws like the Patriot Act enacted by taking advantage of something like the assassination of a president, that had nothing to do with Bush personally other than he was the president at the time and was used to make it RELEVANT to the time!!! That movie?

Forum List

Back