Obama hunting: is it a violent image?

I have a question.

I did not read each of the links in the first three posts, but I did read most of the OP.

But, how the heck did he get away with making a comment about hunting the President? That sounds like a threat to me, inappropriate and joke or not, not funny.

Immie

Any threats against the President should be taken seriously. OTOH, what about all the hilarity over the movie that showed Bush being assassinated? Didn't see much angst from the left over that, much less condemnation.
Do you mean the movie no one saw or even heard about except CON$? The one that was actually about LOSS of personal FREEDOMS from laws like the Patriot Act enacted by taking advantage of something like the assassination of a president, that had nothing to do with Bush personally other than he was the president at the time and was used to make it RELEVANT to the time!!! That movie?

If you know so much about that movie, much more than I knew about it, then I have to guess that you saw it or at least knew about it which makes you wrong when you say:

the movie no one saw or even heard about except CON$?
:razz:

Immie

Rex Rammell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In August 2009, during the heated August recess that witnessed many angry town hall meetings over Obama's proposed health care legislation, Rammell was briefly involved in a controversy when the media reported that he had joked about seeking a license to hunt Obama. The controversy stemmed from a Republican event that Rammell had attended in Twin Falls, Idaho where he was speaking to a group of sportsmen about the upcoming wolf hunt when a woman in the audience asked, "what about Obama tags" and Rammell jokingly replied, "yeah, we'd buy some of those". Barack Obama[2].

Okay, then it is not exactly as presented in the OP, but I find it inappropriate to say the least that he would have answered in that manner and I wonder what happened to the woman who shouted out.

However, note: this is a Wikipedia link without source documents and not particularly reliable.

Immie

That is what happened, and he apologized for it after awhile.
I live about 30 minutes from the Idaho border, and northern Idaho gets their news from us so we heard about this for days. :(
Like I said before, you learn to ignore what some say who are from Idaho.
Idaho is a different kind of state, it is why I like it, and am proud to live here. I had the option of Wa. or Id, and I looked at the politics, and that was the deciding factor on where to live.

I have a question.

I did not read each of the links in the first three posts, but I did read most of the OP.

But, how the heck did he get away with making a comment about hunting the President? That sounds like a threat to me, inappropriate and joke or not, not funny.

Immie

Any threats against the President should be taken seriously. OTOH, what about all the hilarity over the movie that showed Bush being assassinated? Didn't see much angst from the left over that, much less condemnation.

I condemned the film myself, but I am not left wing. I simply do not find these kinds of jokes to be funny.

The film was produced by people out of the country who were not subject to our laws. Not a whole hell of a lot we could do about it.

As for the hilarity (if you can call it such) over the move, I do remember there were some from the left who thought it was great and couldn't understand why anyone would have a problem with it. I thought that was a sad time in our history, that someone would stand up for that movie.

Immie
You know what's even more hilarious, some freedom loving CON$ thought it was great because it was actually about LOSS of personal FREEDOMS from laws like the Patriot Act enacted by taking advantage of something like the assassination of a president, that had nothing to do with Bush personally other than he was the president at the time and was used to make it RELEVANT to the time!!!

I thought it was sad that phony freedom lovers politicized it and ignored the theme of loss of freedom in the movie even though they pretend to be against the loss of freedom when it is convenient for these phonies to do so.

When dealing with someone from Idaho, just smile and nod. It is just better to ignore their comments, otherwise you spend a lot of time pissed off. Trust me, I am related to half the state. :redface:

I love it in Idaho, Montana, Wyoming.

People believe in taking care of themselves and will help out someone in need. The way it's supposed to be.

In other news.... a Liberal movie maker produces a movie about the assasination of President Bush while liberals laugh with glee.

The problem with your rebuttal, is the producer in question isn't an American and doesn't live in America as far as I know. But I guess that's in keeping with the wingnuts inability to hit the right targets, hence they supported the invasion of Iraq.

And equally invalid comparison would be if our rightwing nuts were blamed for what the Islamic right wingnuts are doing. Just because both are wingnuts, doesn't make one responsible for what the other does. But I wouldn't expect you to understand that. Like I said, intellectually, America ain't what it used to be.

So only Americans cannot threaten the president? And if a non-American threatens the president then it's OK for people to laugh about it?:cuckoo:
Talk about not hitting the target. That wasn't even on the range.

Hey fuckwad Sally..... nobody advocates the assassination of our elected officials save a few wackjobs... and you on the left sure have your share of those as well.

"Lighten up Francis"

This wack job is running for the republicans for gov.

Will you guys just accept him or refuse to vote for someone who would talk about killing the president?

i'll refuse to vote for him should i ever have the misfortune to wind up in idaho or ohio or whichever consonant challenged state he's from.

feel free to untwist your panties at any time.

I don't think the left in this country will be happy until they shut down our Freedoms of Speech.

especially if it has anything to do with "this President"

The attempt to label any and all criticisms of Dimmies hate speech or verbal violence is proof that they are trying to do just as you say.

Do you mean the movie no one saw or even heard about except CON$? The one that was actually about LOSS of personal FREEDOMS from laws like the Patriot Act enacted by taking advantage of something like the assassination of a president, that had nothing to do with Bush personally other than he was the president at the time and was used to make it RELEVANT to the time!!! That movie?

If you know so much about that movie, much more than I knew about it, then I have to guess that you saw it or at least knew about it which makes you wrong when you say:

Immie
How typical of CON$, commenting on a movie he never saw while condemning someone who knows more about the facts than he does for the CRIME of being better informed.

But you are right about one thing, I should have said, "no one saw not even the CON$ who condemn it."

Hey fuckwad Sally..... nobody advocates the assassination of our elected officials save a few wackjobs... and you on the left sure have your share of those as well.

"Lighten up Francis"

Will you guys just accept him or refuse to vote for someone who would talk about killing the president?

Butch Otter is our republican governor right now....No one is going to unseat him, TDM. Please settle down, and take a chill pill or whatever you take to cool your jets

"Lighten up Francis"

i'll refuse to vote for him should i ever have the misfortune to wind up in idaho or ohio or whichever consonant challenged state he's from.

Iowa. You left out Iowa.

Immie
How typical of CON$, commenting on a movie he never saw while condemning someone who knows more about the facts than he does for the CRIME of being better informed.

But you are right about one thing, I should have said, "no one saw not even the CON$ who condemn it."

Question:

Where did I condemn you? And where did I comment on the movie? I commented on the reactions people had to the production of the movie, not the movie itself.

Immie

excuses , excuses

Nothing that is said will ever be too much as long as you are on the right huh?

more dishonesty from you

from your own link:

His comments were universally condemned by fellow Idaho Republicans. "Rex Rammell's comments are in very poor taste and should not have been said," said Sen. Mike Crapo. "I disgree often with the President and his policies. But the comment was totally unacceptable and should not have been made," said Sen. Mike Risch. Rep. Mike Simpson and former Idaho Gov. Phil Batt also offered harsh rebukes.

"Lighten up Francis"

Hey!

Ohio's great just like all the great lakes around here..

Forum List

Back