Obama hates Old People

Does anyone else think it odd that a democratic party that claims to support Social Security cut out "cost of living" increases? My dad has been on Social Security for 20 years and this is the first year this increase was not awarded to these deserving elderly people that worked and placed so much money in this program. Obama I am sure looks at these people as not being able to vote much longer therefore they are not important. Besides that, most of them are conservatives and undeserving in his opinion.

I am curious if the democratic party will claim they support the Social Security recipients this next election or will they finially come clean that they are only after the votes.

I find it "odd" that the accusation in your thread title is not supported by your post.

First, Congress, not the President makes the decision. The President signs the budget AFTER Congress approves it.

I don't agree with not giving social security recipients a cost of living raise especially when our Democrat controlled government has set up the perfect storm for rampant inflation.

If you're going to accuse, get your accusations right. Then back it with some facts. I see no link to anything corroborating your claim.

You made the accusation people are afraid to debate you when you don't even know how.

I am requesting to know who placed this thread in the conspiracy theories forum. Surely you have that much courage about you. The reason I want to know is I would like to see your political beliefs as I am not afraid of them. Who knows you might be able to change some of my views. We with open minds do not fear others views and are willing to discuss them.

threads go in the conspiracy section when they make wild accusations that are unsupported by any legitimate source.

OBAMA DOES NOT HATE OLD PEOPLE.

HE ONLY HATES OLD WHITE PEOPLE.

GET IT RIGHT.

obamahorror1.jpg

actually he only hates people not evil and corrupt.Thats the ONLY way you get in to become president.if you dont,you dont become president.

Just found this board and thought this question was interesting.

Having read the Obama budget, I can assure you that there is a lot of confusion about the pending outlays for Social Security recipients. WillowTree is 100% on point that they received one of the largest increases for 2009 under the Bush budget and plans set in place during 2008.

Obama's budget, which can be found on whitehouse.gov, is where the confusion comes to pass. Obama will not be offering recipients a cost of living adjustment for years 2010 or 2011. In 2012, he plans to offer a cost of living increase of 1.4%. It is likely this notice that was received by those current recipients that made them believe they would not receive an increase for 2009.

My fear is that with the massive printing of money under both administrations, inflation will render our elderly ineffective to support themselves.

SS is too rich anyway for many. Seniors as a group are the wealthiest Americans. The poverty rate among seniors is the lowest of any age group.

It seems kind of silly to me that a single mom making $15k a year effectively pays 12.4% SS tax (including the employers portion) so that SS checks can be sent to someone like Warren Buffet.

Does anyone else think it odd that a democratic party that claims to support Social Security cut out "cost of living" increases? My dad has been on Social Security for 20 years and this is the first year this increase was not awarded to these deserving elderly people that worked and placed so much money in this program. Obama I am sure looks at these people as not being able to vote much longer therefore they are not important. Besides that, most of them are conservatives and undeserving in his opinion.

I am curious if the democratic party will claim they support the Social Security recipients this next election or will they finially come clean that they are only after the votes.

There are a lot of roumors out there, but I just did a quick search for anything that would indicate that the cost of living increases will stop. I found nothing at all, not even a hint. Sometimes emails get posted and sent that are just not true. They are done to enflame, I suppose.

However, I do know that there are some things in the works, like major changes in insurance when we turn 65, and when we get medicare. Also, right now the VA is charging private insurance for their services, which was a benefit, but is now just another insurance thing.

There are hints that Obama is not concerned about the elderly. He will bne there one day, but his income is fixed a little higher than ours will be.

God bless America

I take it you didn't read his budget, which states clearly no increases for COL for 2010 and 2011. I'm not saying he is right or wrong for that decision, but his office published this in his budget. You should read it.

"The forecasts, by the Obama administration and the Congressional Budget Office, indicate that Social Security beneficiaries will not receive any cost-of-living increase in 2010 or in 2011. The COLA is intended to preserve the purchasing power of Social Security by increasing benefits to keep pace with consumer prices. In the last year, overall inflation has been low, largely because of the economic downturn and a decline in energy prices.

A freeze in Social Security benefits would have major implications for Medicare because the COLA, in effect, puts a cap on premiums for Part B of Medicare, which covers doctors' services.

If there is no cost-of-living adjustment for Social Security, about three-fourths of beneficiaries will not see any change in their basic Part B premiums, federal officials said. But some beneficiaries do not have this protection and could face substantial increases in their Part B premiums.

In addition, millions of beneficiaries could see higher premiums for drug coverage, provided under Part D of Medicare."

Social Security increase unlikely in '10 or '11

There are a lot of roumors out there, but I just did a quick search for anything that would indicate that the cost of living increases will stop. I found nothing at all, not even a hint. Sometimes emails get posted and sent that are just not true. They are done to enflame, I suppose.

However, I do know that there are some things in the works, like major changes in insurance when we turn 65, and when we get medicare. Also, right now the VA is charging private insurance for their services, which was a benefit, but is now just another insurance thing.

There are hints that Obama is not concerned about the elderly. He will bne there one day, but his income is fixed a little higher than ours will be.

God bless America

I take it you didn't read his budget, which states clearly no increases for COL for 2010 and 2011. I'm not saying he is right or wrong for that decision, but his office published this in his budget. You should read it.

I did not reat that information. His budget is so confusing that I usually look for summaries and commentaries. Everything that I read about SS payments indicated that they consistently have COL increases.
I guess we will have to wait and see. It is very believable that he will not allow for an increase.

God bless America

I did not reat that information. His budget is so confusing that I usually look for summaries and commentaries. Everything that I read about SS payments indicated that they consistently have COL increases.
I guess we will have to wait and see. It is very believable that he will not allow for an increase.

I understand. Most individuals do "wait and see" rather than reading the overly bloated legislation that is put in front of us. Because they know we don't have the time or drive to read these documents, they control all. Please read his budget. It's worth your time.

As was commented earlier by another poster with respect to Congress developing budgets, you have a fundamental lack of understanding with the branches of government. That being said, I will completely agree with your point that the Democratic Congress, as well as the Republican Congress, have placed us here. Both groups of congressmen need to be replaced by others who will work, not just worry about keeping their jobs.

Just found this board and thought this question was interesting.

Having read the Obama budget, I can assure you that there is a lot of confusion about the pending outlays for Social Security recipients. WillowTree is 100% on point that they received one of the largest increases for 2009 under the Bush budget and plans set in place during 2008.

Obama's budget, which can be found on whitehouse.gov, is where the confusion comes to pass. Obama will not be offering recipients a cost of living adjustment for years 2010 or 2011. In 2012, he plans to offer a cost of living increase of 1.4%. It is likely this notice that was received by those current recipients that made them believe they would not receive an increase for 2009.

My fear is that with the massive printing of money under both administrations, inflation will render our elderly ineffective to support themselves.

SS is too rich anyway for many. Seniors as a group are the wealthiest Americans. The poverty rate among seniors is the lowest of any age group.

It seems kind of silly to me that a single mom making $15k a year effectively pays 12.4% SS tax (including the employers portion) so that SS checks can be sent to someone like Warren Buffet.

If Warren Buffet paid SS all his working life, he has a right to collect. You are seriously screwy when it comes to money. All you want to do is share what others have earned. That's BS.

SS isn't a charity donation. It's a piss-poor retirement fund. If I pay into it, I want my damned pennies on the dollar return.

I am requesting to know who placed this thread in the conspiracy theories forum. Surely you have that much courage about you. The reason I want to know is I would like to see your political beliefs as I am not afraid of them. Who knows you might be able to change some of my views. We with open minds do not fear others views and are willing to discuss them.

Stop squalling and trying to get attention. Geez ... I've got an 8 month old granddaughter less melodramatic than you.

I understand. Most individuals do "wait and see" rather than reading the overly bloated legislation that is put in front of us. Because they know we don't have the time or drive to read these documents, they control all. Please read his budget. It's worth your time.

As was commented earlier by another poster with respect to Congress developing budgets, you have a fundamental lack of understanding with the branches of government. That being said, I will completely agree with your point that the Democratic Congress, as well as the Republican Congress, have placed us here. Both groups of congressmen need to be replaced by others who will work, not just worry about keeping their jobs.

Really, Einstein? WHO is responsible appropriations?

My understanding is quite clear. I just don't feel like I need to give the unabridged Encyclopedia Britannica version of events with each and every post.

Otherwise, I agree with the points you made.

Forum List

Back