Obama hates Old People

bornright

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Texas
Does anyone else think it odd that a democratic party that claims to support Social Security cut out "cost of living" increases? My dad has been on Social Security for 20 years and this is the first year this increase was not awarded to these deserving elderly people that worked and placed so much money in this program. Obama I am sure looks at these people as not being able to vote much longer therefore they are not important. Besides that, most of them are conservatives and undeserving in his opinion.

I am curious if the democratic party will claim they support the Social Security recipients this next election or will they finially come clean that they are only after the votes.

Does anyone else think it odd that a democratic party that claims to support Social Security cut out "cost of living" increases? My dad has been on Social Security for 20 years and this is the first year this increase was not awarded to these deserving elderly people that worked and placed so much money in this program. Obama I am sure looks at these people as not being able to vote much longer therefore they are not important. Besides that, most of them are conservatives and undeserving in his opinion.

I am curious if the democratic party will claim they support the Social Security recipients this next election or will they finially come clean that they are only after the votes.

what load of shit. if your dad's been on ss for 20 years, he's long past the point where he's withdrawing his $$ from ss.
get a fucking grip.

Uhhh, anybody who's cost of living raise is tied to the CPI didn't get a cost of living for the last 6 months. I know I didn't. Prices didn't increase... so no need for a COLA.

Finally, there's some good news for retirees.

More than 50 million seniors will see their Social Security benefits increase 5.8% next year, the biggest cost-of-living increase in more than 25 years, the Social Security Administration said Thursday.

Social Security recipients to get a raise in 2009 - USATODAY.com

I think the old people got a good raise.. is your daddy lying to you? you been hitting him up for money.. go earn your own,, get outta that damn basement. whydoncha?

That's an outright lie. Everyone on Social Security Retirement got a rather healthy cost of living increase this year--something like 3.5% as opposed to the usual measily 2% or less.

Sen. Grassley from Iowa was on C-Span this morning, and that very statement was posed to him, which he responded to exactly the same. It's a lie, and people should not believe this rumor which is apparently traveling around the senior grapevine.

If your Dad isn't able to keep up with what goes on with his SS, then you should do it for him. But for God's sake, get your facts straight first.

More than 50 million seniors will see their Social Security benefits increase 5.8% next year, the biggest cost-of-living increase in more than 25 years, the Social Security Administration said Thursday.

I think the old people got a good raise.. is your daddy lying to you? you been hitting him up for money.. go earn your own,, get outta that damn basement. whydoncha?

Thanks for finding the confirmation. The SS raise was even more than I guessed.

My two boys get SS because their mother died. They got an increase beginning in January. It was 5.8%, the highest increase in a long time due to the high inflation rate last year. Do seniors get two increases per year? I'm not certain. All I know is that my boys did get a substantial increase in January, so this sounds like a load of crap to me.

Just found this board and thought this question was interesting.

Having read the Obama budget, I can assure you that there is a lot of confusion about the pending outlays for Social Security recipients. WillowTree is 100% on point that they received one of the largest increases for 2009 under the Bush budget and plans set in place during 2008.

Obama's budget, which can be found on whitehouse.gov, is where the confusion comes to pass. Obama will not be offering recipients a cost of living adjustment for years 2010 or 2011. In 2012, he plans to offer a cost of living increase of 1.4%. It is likely this notice that was received by those current recipients that made them believe they would not receive an increase for 2009.

My fear is that with the massive printing of money under both administrations, inflation will render our elderly ineffective to support themselves.

OBAMA DOES NOT HATE OLD PEOPLE.

HE ONLY HATES OLD WHITE PEOPLE.

GET IT RIGHT.

obamahorror1.jpg

what load of shit. if your dad's been on ss for 20 years, he's long past the point where he's withdrawing his $$ from ss.
get a fucking grip.

Do you feel that when a person uses up the money that he put into Social Security he should no longer recieve it?

You do realize this is 2009?

My two boys get SS because their mother died. They got an increase beginning in January. It was 5.8%, the highest increase in a long time due to the high inflation rate last year. Do seniors get two increases per year? I'm not certain. All I know is that my boys did get a substantial increase in January, so this sounds like a load of crap to me.
I know you appreciated George Bush for that increase.

I'm new here, but am curious why this was labeled a "conspiracy theory". I definitely hate censorship, so want to know what the rules are on it. Do we have a policy established so I can determine whether this is an unfairly biased board?

get a fucking grip.

Do you feel that when a person uses up the money that he put into Social Security he should no longer recieve it?

no.

There are a lot of roumors out there, but I just did a quick search for anything that would indicate that the cost of living increases will stop. I found nothing at all, not even a hint. Sometimes emails get posted and sent that are just not true. They are done to enflame, I suppose.

However, I do know that there are some things in the works, like major changes in insurance when we turn 65, and when we get medicare. Also, right now the VA is charging private insurance for their services, which was a benefit, but is now just another insurance thing.

There are hints that Obama is not concerned about the elderly. He will bne there one day, but his income is fixed a little higher than ours will be.

God bless America

There are a lot of roumors out there, but I just did a quick search for anything that would indicate that the cost of living increases will stop. I found nothing at all, not even a hint. Sometimes emails get posted and sent that are just not true. They are done to enflame, I suppose.

However, I do know that there are some things in the works, like major changes in insurance when we turn 65, and when we get medicare. Also, right now the VA is charging private insurance for their services, which was a benefit, but is now just another insurance thing.

There are hints that Obama is not concerned about the elderly. He will bne there one day, but his income is fixed a little higher than ours will be.

God bless America

I take it you didn't read his budget, which states clearly no increases for COL for 2010 and 2011. I'm not saying he is right or wrong for that decision, but his office published this in his budget. You should read it.

I am requesting to know who placed this thread in the conspiracy theories forum. Surely you have that much courage about you. The reason I want to know is I would like to see your political beliefs as I am not afraid of them. Who knows you might be able to change some of my views. We with open minds do not fear others views and are willing to discuss them.

Forum List

Back