obama has broken his own law.

In an interview with the Italian newspaper Il Sole 24 Ore, Mr al-Hasidi admitted that he had recruited “around 25″ men from the Derna area in eastern Libya to fight against coalition troops in Iraq. Some of them, he said, are “today are on the front lines in Adjabiya”.

..... Gaddafi had earlier not only provided intelligence on the terrorists’ operations to the US, but has also publicly spoken out against them.

Branding the group members as ‘bad Muslims’, Gaddafi said: “The security forces found a mosque in al-Zawiya. In a mosque! Weapons, alcohol, and their corpses – all mixed up together.”

Connections Between Al Qaeda And Libyan Rebels Run Deep
American went down this road in 2002/2003 when Iraq's Saddam's supposed linked with Al Qaeda was used to justify the invasion.

"Bigrebnc1775" can huff and puff, swear and throw temper tantrums all he likes - a informal survey of “around 25″ men and "intelligence" reports on terrorists provided to the US by Colonel Gaddafi, a terrorist himself, doesn't constitute proof!

What are you blathering about?

Here let me get you back on track

What proof is their showing the rebels in Libya and Syria are al -Qaeda, is that what you are asking?
If that's the case open your fucking eyes the proof is their. The proof has been posted.

Last edited:
michael reynolds says:
Saturday, March 26, 2011

I can of course see why it’s very important to try and paint the rebels as Al Qaeda, by the way.

Those rebels — the ones you dismissed — have retaken Ajdabiyah and apparently Breg (Burayqah, pick a spelling, any spelling) which two of not all that many towns between them and western Libya.

It has obviously dawned on the right wing echo chamber that Obama might actually pull this off. So, quick! Find a way to make it a bad thing. Because the alternative is just so dangerous, eh, Doug? A competent, capable, effective liberal president?

That would suck.

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/connections-between-al-qaeda-and-libyan-rebels-run-deep/
This comment came from the bottom half of the very same page that "bigrebnc1775" would have us believe provides absolute "proof" - except for reasons the OP might like to explain, he has chooen to ignore it.

"Bigrebnc1775" wants it both ways - we should accept the arguments made on the top half of his reference as "gospel" but ignore the comments on the bottom half that would challenge his "so called" proof!"

Last edited:
michael reynolds says:
Saturday, March 26, 2011

I can of course see why it’s very important to try and paint the rebels as Al Qaeda, by the way.

Those rebels — the ones you dismissed — have retaken Ajdabiyah and apparently Breg (Burayqah, pick a spelling, any spelling) which two of not all that many towns between them and western Libya.

It has obviously dawned on the right wing echo chamber that Obama might actually pull this off. So, quick! Find a way to make it a bad thing. Because the alternative is just so dangerous, eh, Doug? A competent, capable, effective liberal president?

That would suck.

This comment came from the very same page that "bigrebnc1775" provided as "proof" - except that for some reasons the OP chooses to ignore it.

"Bigrebnc1775" wants it both ways - accept the arguments made on the top half of his reference as "gospel" but ignore the comments on the bottom half that would challenge his "so called" proof!"
Number 2

Here let me get you back on track

What proof is their showing the rebels in Libya and Syria are al -Qaeda, is that what you are asking?
If that's the case open your fucking eyes the proof is their. The proof has been posted.

Lybia's Muammar Gaddafi was planning to do what Asad is doing in Syria - declare war on his own people.

What Obama did was to prevent the massacre of Lybian civilians - men, women and children.

Whatever the long term political outcome, saving innocent lives is always the right thing to do.

It is always the same with the Obama excuse makers. Had he driven up the debt on our grandchildren things would have been much worse. Of course the "much worse" is a figment of the imagination of the excuse makers. "Much worse" can mean anything and everything. Same with this BS. Saddam was waging war with his own people and the left somehow didn't care then. But now they want to nation build because the biggest liar that ever held the Presidency says that thing would be "much worse" if he didn't violate the Constitution or spend your grandchildren into poverty.

Except you don't need to go any farther than the bottom half of the reference "bigrebnc1775" provided to find valid arguments that undermine his "Al Qaeda" assumptions.

open your fucking eyes

What the fuck?

post baseless nonsense

Do you have a brain?

Apparently if "bigrebnc1775" says if something is true, then it must be true - and if you dare to challenge him, be prepared for a barrage of personal attacks.

Last edited:
In an interview with the Italian newspaper Il Sole 24 Ore, Mr al-Hasidi admitted that he had recruited “around 25″ men from the Derna area in eastern Libya to fight against coalition troops in Iraq. Some of them, he said, are “today are on the front lines in Adjabiya”.

..... Gaddafi had earlier not only provided intelligence on the terrorists’ operations to the US, but has also publicly spoken out against them.

Branding the group members as ‘bad Muslims’, Gaddafi said: “The security forces found a mosque in al-Zawiya. In a mosque! Weapons, alcohol, and their corpses – all mixed up together.”

"Bigrebnc1775" can huff and puff, swear and throw temper tantrums all he likes - the "so-called" proof that the OP has posted is based on an informal survey of “around 25″ men and "intelligence" reports on terrorists provided to the US by Colonel Gaddafi, a terrorist himself!

American went down this road in 2002/2003 with Iraq's Saddam's supposed linked with Al Qaeda being used to justify the invasion - the nation might have saved inself 1000's of American casualties and $ billions if these kinds of assumptions had been more vigorously challenged.

Perhaps you will show me the page and paragraph where justification for the invasion of Iraq was based on Saddam's link with Al Qaeda. I may have missed that statement.

I suggest that the attack on the US Consulate and the murder of the Ambassador and three other Americans was the exclusive work of Al Qaeda. Feel free to argue that Obama has already killed all of them with his drones if you must.

When he gave aid to the Libyan rebels which were al-Qaeda terrorist. obama has violated his own law NDAA sec 1021 and 1022
§1021: (a) Congress affirms that the authority of the President to use all necessary and appropriate force pursuant to the Authorization for Use of Military Force . . . includes the authority for the Armed Forces of the United States to detain covered persons . . . pending disposition under the law of war.
(b) . . A covered person under this section is any person as follows:
c) . . The disposition of a person under the law of war . . may include the following:
(1) Detention under the law of war without trial until the end of the hostilities authorized by the Authorization for Use of Military Force. . .
(d) . . . Nothing in this section is intended to limit or expand the authority of the President or the scope of the Authorization for Use of Military Force.
(e) . . . Nothing in this section shall be construed to affect existing law or authorities relating to the detention of United States citizens, lawful resident aliens of the United States, or any other persons who are captured or arrested in the United States.

§ 1022: (b) (1) . . . The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to citizens of the United States.
(2) . . . The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to a lawful resident alien of the United States on the basis of conduct taking place within the United States, except to the extent permitted by the Constitution of the United States.
http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-112hr1540enr/pdf/BILLS-112hr1540enr.pdf

I think you are RIGHT about this complaint.

Hard to believe, eh?

We found something that we can agree on.

Except you don't need to go any farther than the bottom half of the reference "bigrebnc1775" provided to find valid arguments that undermine his "Al Qaeda" assumptions.

open your fucking eyes

What the fuck?

post baseless nonsense

Do you have a brain?

Apparently if "bigrebnc1775" says if something is true, then it must be true - and if you dare to challenge him, be prepared for a barrage of personal attacks.

I'm still trying to figure out what it is you are trying to say.
speak plainly

what proof is their showing the rebels in Libya and Syria are al -Qaeda, is that what you are asking?

When he gave aid to the Libyan rebels which were al-Qaeda terrorist. obama has violated his own law NDAA sec 1021 and 1022
§1021: (a) Congress affirms that the authority of the President to use all necessary and appropriate force pursuant to the Authorization for Use of Military Force . . . includes the authority for the Armed Forces of the United States to detain covered persons . . . pending disposition under the law of war.
c) . . The disposition of a person under the law of war . . may include the following:
(1) Detention under the law of war without trial until the end of the hostilities authorized by the Authorization for Use of Military Force. . .
(d) . . . Nothing in this section is intended to limit or expand the authority of the President or the scope of the Authorization for Use of Military Force.
(e) . . . Nothing in this section shall be construed to affect existing law or authorities relating to the detention of United States citizens, lawful resident aliens of the United States, or any other persons who are captured or arrested in the United States.

§ 1022: (b) (1) . . . The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to citizens of the United States.
(2) . . . The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to a lawful resident alien of the United States on the basis of conduct taking place within the United States, except to the extent permitted by the Constitution of the United States.

I think you are RIGHT about this complaint.

Hard to believe, eh?

We found something that we can agree on.

Shocking:badgrin:

Now does this make sense of why the Obama administration, and perhaps the Liybian government lied about the attacks that killed Americans? You know the bumps on the road as Obama said. Talking of our people as if they were merely road kill on the highway to a second term. If this were an organized attack, which everyone knows it was, then that means somewhere OBAMA supported the attackers.

But that is really OK in Obama's eyes. He can say he is against indefinite detention because of due process yet drop a predator missile on an American and his 16 year old son because the CIA told him to.

But then again, Obama is just channeling Nixion, and the same should happen to Obama:

Richard Nixon: These men, Haldeman, Ehrlichman, I knew their families, I knew them since they were just kids. But you now, politically the pressure on me to let them go, that became overwhelming. So, I did it. I cut off one arm then I cut the other and I'm not a good butcher. And I have always mantained what they were doing, what we're all doing was not criminal. Look, when you're in office you gotta do a lot of things sometimes that are not always in the strictest sense of the law, legal, but you do them because they're in the greater interest of the nation.

David Frost: Alright wait, wait just so I understand correctly, are you really saying that in certain situations the President can decide whether it's in the best interest of the nation and then do something illegal...

Richard Nixon: I'm saying that when the President does it, that means it's *not* illegal!

David Frost: I'm sorry?

Last edited:
Now does this make sense of why the Obama administration, and perhaps the Liybian government lied about the attacks that killed Americans? You know the bumps on the road as Obama said. Talking of our people as if they were merely road kill on the highway to a second term. If this were an organized attack, which everyone knows it was, then that means somewhere OBAMA supported the attackers.

But that is really OK in Obama's eyes. He can say he is against indefinite detention because of due process yet drop a predator missile on an American and his 16 year old son because the CIA told him to.

But then again, Obama is just channeling Nixion, and the same should happen to Obama:

Richard Nixon: These men, Haldeman, Ehrlichman, I knew their families, I knew them since they were just kids. But you now, politically the pressure on me to let them go, that became overwhelming. So, I did it. I cut off one arm then I cut the other and I'm not a good butcher. And I have always mantained what they were doing, what we're all doing was not criminal. Look, when you're in office you gotta do a lot of things sometimes that are not always in the strictest sense of the law, legal, but you do them because they're in the greater interest of the nation.

David Frost: Alright wait, wait just so I understand correctly, are you really saying that in certain situations the President can decide whether it's in the best interest of the nation and then do something illegal...

Richard Nixon: I'm saying that when the President does it, that means it's *not* illegal!

In my opinion this is bigger than fast and the furious and any continued support of the Syrians rebels by obama administration or congress should be dealt with swiftly by the American people.

In my opinion this is bigger than fast and the furious and any continued support of the Syrians rebels by obama administration or congress should be dealt with swiftly by the American people.[/QUOTE]

Of course you mean through the legal system, the one that Obama seems to think he is above.

..... Perhaps you will show me the page and paragraph where justification for the invasion of Iraq was based on Saddam's link with Al Qaeda. I may have missed that statement.

I suggest that the attack on the US Consulate and the murder of the Ambassador and three other Americans was the exclusive work of Al Qaeda. Feel free to argue that Obama has already killed all of them with his drones if you must.
**********************************************************************************************************
Saddam Hussein and al-Qaeda link allegations

Saddam Hussein and al-Qaeda link allegations were made by U.S. Government officials who claimed that a highly secretive relationship existed between former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein and the radical Islamist militant organization Al-Qaeda from 1992 to 2003, specifically through a series of meetings reportedly involving the Iraqi Intelligence Service (IIS).

In the lead up to the Iraq War, U.S. President George W. Bush alleged that Iraqi President Saddam Hussein and militant group al-Qaeda might conspire to launch terrorist attacks on the United States, basing the administration's rationale for war, in part, on this allegation and others.

The consensus of intelligence experts has been that these contacts never led to an operational relationship, and that consensus is backed up by reports from the independent 9/11 Commission and by declassified Defense Department reports[3] as well as by the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, whose 2006 report of Phase II of its investigation into prewar intelligence reports concluded that there was no evidence of ties between Saddam Hussein and al-Qaeda.

Critics of the Bush Administration have said Bush was intentionally building a case for war with Iraq without regard to factual evidence.

On April 29, 2007, former Director of Central Intelligence George Tenet said on 60 Minutes, "We could never verify that there was any Iraqi authority, direction and control, complicity with al-Qaeda for 9/11 or any operational act against America, period."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saddam_Hussein_and_al-Qaeda_link_allegations
Attempts to link Saddam with Al Qaeda was used by the Bush Administration as part of its reationale for the Iraq War.

History appears to be repeating itself with the blanket statements that Al Qaeda is behind the Lybian and Syrian uprisings - ignoring the fact that both are repressive regimes, certainly more repressive than British rule in the American Colonies prior to The America Revolution.

Could the attack on the US Consulate and the murder of the Ambassador and three other Americans been the work of Al Qaeda - certainly. The act of several terrorists, however, doesn't necessarily mean that they are major players behind the overthrow of either Muammar Gaddafi or the attempted overthrow of Bashar al-Assad.

I'm sure that there are members of Al Qaeda and other terrorist groups can be found in those trying to overthrow al-Assad, but like Gaddafi, the current Syrian government is also guilty of sponsoring other terrorist groups.

Last edited:
..... Perhaps you will show me the page and paragraph where justification for the invasion of Iraq was based on Saddam's link with Al Qaeda. I may have missed that statement.

**********************************************************************************************************
Saddam Hussein and al-Qaeda link allegations

Saddam Hussein and al-Qaeda link allegations were made by U.S. Government officials who claimed that a highly secretive relationship existed between former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein and the radical Islamist militant organization Al-Qaeda from 1992 to 2003, specifically through a series of meetings reportedly involving the Iraqi Intelligence Service (IIS).

In the lead up to the Iraq War, U.S. President George W. Bush alleged that Iraqi President Saddam Hussein and militant group al-Qaeda might conspire to launch terrorist attacks on the United States, basing the administration's rationale for war, in part, on this allegation and others.

The consensus of intelligence experts has been that these contacts never led to an operational relationship, and that consensus is backed up by reports from the independent 9/11 Commission and by declassified Defense Department reports[3] as well as by the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, whose 2006 report of Phase II of its investigation into prewar intelligence reports concluded that there was no evidence of ties between Saddam Hussein and al-Qaeda.

Critics of the Bush Administration have said Bush was intentionally building a case for war with Iraq without regard to factual evidence.

On April 29, 2007, former Director of Central Intelligence George Tenet said on 60 Minutes, "We could never verify that there was any Iraqi authority, direction and control, complicity with al-Qaeda for 9/11 or any operational act against America, period."

Saddam Hussein and al-Qaeda link allegations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Attempts to link Saddam with Al Qaeda was used by the Bush Administration as part of its reationale for the Iraq War.

History appears to be repeating itself with the blanket statements that Al Qaeda is behind the Lybian and Syrian uprisings - ignoring the fact that both are repressive regimes, certainly more repressive than British rule in the American Colonies prior to The America Revolution.

Could the attack on the US Consulate and the murder of the Ambassador and three other Americans been the work of Al Qaeda - certainly. The act of several terrorists, however, doesn't necessarily mean that they are major players behind the overthrow of either Muammar Gaddafi or the attempted overthrow of Bashar al-Assad.

I'm sure that there are members of Al Qaeda and other terrorist groups can be found in those trying to overthrow al-Assad, but like Gaddafi, the current Syrian government is also guilty of sponsoring other terrorist groups.

Did bush give aid too Al Qaeda?

There is no law this president won't circumvent to please his own agenda. Even his own. That is how Kings work.

So! Obama is like Reagan then.

What a circle jerk of right wing Obama haters this thread is. Nonsense follows nonsense, stupid assumptions build on stupid assumptions. Is it any wonder these buffoons praise Dumb and Dumber. The world is too complex for right wing conservative republican wingnuts, they have proven that over and over again. I'm sure Romney has a better idea on foreign policy, let's check:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/30/opinion/sunday/friedman-the-world-were-actually-living-in.html

"This complexity doesn’t argue for isolationism. It argues for using our power judiciously and in a nuanced fashion. For instance, if you had listened to Romney criticizing Obama for weakness after the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, you’d have thought that, had Romney been president, he would have immediately ordered some counterstrike. But, had we done so, it would have aborted what was a much more meaningful response: Libyans themselves taking to the streets under the banner “Our Revolution Will Not Be Stolen” and storming the headquarters of the Islamist militias who killed the U.S. ambassador. It shows you how much this complexity can surprise you."

There is no law this president won't circumvent to please his own agenda. Even his own. That is how Kings work.
Reagan?

Of course, as usual with the rabid left. A whole paragraph of nothing but insult followed by the defense of Obama in comparision with someone the left hates. So who is Obama channeling, Nixon, Reagan or Bush? Pitiful.

Forum List

Back