Obama has been better on gas prices

Well, if they're the authority then the answer seems to be "Yes".
Good for him, the people were critical and he responded.
All kudos to Obama.

Did they?

After months of beating on the President for the high price of gasoline—despite the fact that he had absolutely nothing to do with the rises—should we now consider that a clever bluff has played a major part in reversing the trend and saving us all big money at the gas pump?

I think so.
I'm pretty sure

Well that settles that:clap2:

It is getting time for another refinery fire or somesuch to diminish refining capacity.

Obama does not control gas prices any more than any other president in the past. Regulating Wall Street gambling is the only way to lower gas prices.

All presidents have some control of gas prices. It's silly too suggest otherwise. I knew gas prices would start dropping around election time most people should have seen it coming.

As I thought...it's a conspiracy!!!!
How could I be so blind?

Obama does not control gas prices any more than any other president in the past. Regulating Wall Street gambling is the only way to lower gas prices.

All presidents have some control of gas prices. It's silly too suggest otherwise. I knew gas prices would start dropping around election time most people should have seen it coming.

How could I be so blind?

Is it a conspiracy if it actually happens?

Did they?

After months of beating on the President for the high price of gasoline—despite the fact that he had absolutely nothing to do with the rises—should we now consider that a clever bluff has played a major part in reversing the trend and saving us all big money at the gas pump?

I think so.
I'm pretty sure

Well that settles that:clap2:

Sorry, editted my post above............

How could I be so blind?

Yep, check up on the definition of conspiracy.

oh well I must be really smart to see that gas prices would start to drop closer to election day. That is if the president has nothing too do with gas prices :eusa_whistle:
Just like obama's labor department unemployment numbers funny how they dropped closing in on election day?

oh well I must be really smart to see that gas prices would start to drop closer to election day. That is if the president has nothing too do with gas prices :eusa_whistle:
Just like obama's labor department unemployment numbers funny how they dropped closing in on election day?

Obama conspiracy 250!!
You win a fluffy toy!
Do you want to keep playing for the iPod?

I know a lot of people like to blame Obama for high gas prices, and how soon they forget the hell that was the goerge Bush years. After 9/11 gas prices shot up to 4 dollars a gallon repeatedly and for long periods. George was responsible for allowing the southeast to suffer over a month of 6-12 dollar gas in georgia, gas rationing in NC, and huge gas shortages in VA, northern florida, georgia, NC, SC, and AL.

For 3 weeks I litterally got up at 6 in the morning, went out and chased down gas trucks because by 8 the stations were sold out. NC limited you to 10 gallons per day. Georgia did not cap their gas prices during the shortage and saw some gas stations selling gas for 12 dollars a gallon. This was not the 1970s, this was around 2005. The reason? Supposedly for the first time in history a hurricane stopped gasoline production at refineries and for some reason they could not divert gas from anywhere else in the US to cover the shortage. The highways were never blocked or closed, despite thousands stranded on the the southern ease coast hunting for the rare gas station with gas so they could get out.For some reason, despite a number of hurricanes hitting the same areas far worse in the Obama years, that has never happened again.

Obama has reduced gas prices repeatedly during his time as president. Through strategic use of US oil reserves, and deals with places lie saudi arabia to increase oil production marked for the US, he has increased supply and lowered prices while they rose time and again. No president can declare oil prices at a certain level, but when he needed to he did what a president could do and increased supply through the methods he could do. For the Bush years we saw a steady rise in gas prices. The first time oil companies lowered gas prices was when they increased demands for hybrids and alternatives by choking the US on 4 dollar plus gas which george never did a thing to lower, and he even kept destroying supplies with foreign wars. George never encouraged alternative energy sources, and instead linked us as best as he could to the oil companies who despite supposed increases in costs continued to make record profits over and over again under his piss poor leadership. It is the same thing we can expect from his friend Mittens.

If you are concerned about oil prices, the US addiction to oil, and the corrupt oil companies destroying the US for their record profits then Obama is your choice. There may be better people out there, but they certainly are not the republicans.

Seek help, before it is too late. ;)

Obama conspiracy 250!!
You win a fluffy toy!
Do you want to keep playing for the iPod?
What ever I'll just sit back and laugh at you fuckers :badgrin:
When you say what the fuck happen.

While I appreciate the sentiment, the President has NOTHING to do with gas prices. Never has, never will ( unless we pass a price fixing law )

We cant blame him and neither can he take credit.

Only Bush/Cheney could be blamed for gas prices. They were both 'big oil men.' (sarcasm)

However, the President can decrease our dependence on foreign oil by allowing US oil companies to explore and drill on government owned land.

The fact is the right was all over Obama for the cost of gas months ago; now, they deny he has anything to do with the cost of gas. The one conclusion an honest observer of this thread can draw is that those who criticized the president before and ignore the issue today are fools and liars.

So those who claimed a few months ago he had nothing to do with it are being honest when they try to give him credit?

Remember......Obama said he had nothing to do with gas prices so morally he can't take credit when the price goes down.

Btw, where did all of those stupid articles go talking about all of the advantages of high prices?

Does this IDIOT remember where gas prices were when Bush left office?

Yes, they went up to four dollars a gallon. But they didn't remain there. Bush did something about it, and they came down.

Obama has done NOTHING, and they hover in the 3dollars+ category.

When Bush left office Gas was under 2 dollars! (at least it was where I lived).

Gas When Bush Left Office, $1.78 -- Gas Today, $3.64 -- Highest Average Price in Calif., $4.20 | CNSNews.com

What a load of crap from this op!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Are you surprised that gas is starting to come down near a presidential election date? I'm not. most people shouldn't be.

I know a lot of people like to blame Obama for high gas prices, and how soon they forget the hell that was the goerge Bush years. After 9/11 gas prices shot up to 4 dollars a gallon repeatedly and for long periods. George was responsible for allowing the southeast to suffer over a month of 6-12 dollar gas in georgia, gas rationing in NC, and huge gas shortages in VA, northern florida, georgia, NC, SC, and AL.

For 3 weeks I litterally got up at 6 in the morning, went out and chased down gas trucks because by 8 the stations were sold out. NC limited you to 10 gallons per day. Georgia did not cap their gas prices during the shortage and saw some gas stations selling gas for 12 dollars a gallon. This was not the 1970s, this was around 2005. The reason? Supposedly for the first time in history a hurricane stopped gasoline production at refineries and for some reason they could not divert gas from anywhere else in the US to cover the shortage. The highways were never blocked or closed, despite thousands stranded on the the southern ease coast hunting for the rare gas station with gas so they could get out.For some reason, despite a number of hurricanes hitting the same areas far worse in the Obama years, that has never happened again.

Obama has reduced gas prices repeatedly during his time as president. Through strategic use of US oil reserves, and deals with places lie saudi arabia to increase oil production marked for the US, he has increased supply and lowered prices while they rose time and again. No president can declare oil prices at a certain level, but when he needed to he did what a president could do and increased supply through the methods he could do. For the Bush years we saw a steady rise in gas prices. The first time oil companies lowered gas prices was when they increased demands for hybrids and alternatives by choking the US on 4 dollar plus gas which george never did a thing to lower, and he even kept destroying supplies with foreign wars. George never encouraged alternative energy sources, and instead linked us as best as he could to the oil companies who despite supposed increases in costs continued to make record profits over and over again under his piss poor leadership. It is the same thing we can expect from his friend Mittens.

If you are concerned about oil prices, the US addiction to oil, and the corrupt oil companies destroying the US for their record profits then Obama is your choice. There may be better people out there, but they certainly are not the republicans.

Then why is it gas prices are nearly double what they were when he was elected?

While I appreciate the sentiment, the President has NOTHING to do with gas prices. Never has, never will ( unless we pass a price fixing law )

We cant blame him and neither can he take credit.

True but that won't stop Rs from blaming him if the price goes up but then taking credit if price goes down.

In fact, I saw Boehner lying about it on camera. He didn't stay long though ... had to get back to the bar or the golf course.

Yes, they went up to four dollars a gallon. But they didn't remain there. Bush did something about it, and they came down.

Gas When Bush Left Office, $1.78 -- Gas Today, $3.64 -- Highest Average Price in Calif., $4.20 | CNSNews.com

Are you surprised that gas is starting to come down near a presidential election date? I'm not. most people shouldn't be.

Come down? Look if people want to consider 3.34 a gallon a "great price," be my guest.

But it was 1.69 when Bush left office!

I would prefer that. Who believes Obama would pull that off. And even if he did, would it STAY THAT WAY AFTER HE WON REELECTION???

You know damn well it would NOT.

CaféAuLait;5515518 said:

Was that “performance art”? :D

Did the claim of $12.00 a gallon for gas tip you off?

Come down? Look if people want to consider 3.34 a gallon a "great price," be my guest.

But it was 1.69 when Bush left office!

I would prefer that. Who believes Obama would pull that off. And even if he did, would it STAY THAT WAY AFTER HE WON REELECTION???

You know damn well it would NOT.

Gas is coming down it has to start coming down now so it will be at an acceptable level two weeks before the election to give the people time enough to forget.

Forum List

Back