Obama donates $5k to himself or Looks like may have to return Michelle's $7k jacket

I was young then but I seem to remember 10k dress that was donated and given away
Nancy Reagan
Mrs. Reagan chose a single-shoulder James Galanos for her husband's 1981 inaugural ball. "She knew her style very well, and it was always simple and elegant," Galanos told the Los Angeles Times. The First Lady made the most of the $22,500 hand-beaded gown by wearing it a second time before donating it to the Smithsonian.

Nancy Reagan - First Ladies' Inaugural Gowns - Michelle Obama's Style - Fashion - InStyle

Nothing compared to the Queen Nancy Reagan and her opulant 22k dresses during the recession when little help was given to the poor.

Wow... Had to reach way past Bush for that one. What about Jackie Kennedy's dress when she blah, blah, blah.... :lol:

No big recessions during kennedy.

Actually Kennedy took over during a recession and he cut taxes
just like Reagan
:eusa_angel:

I was young then but I seem to remember 10k dress that was donated and given away

According to federal tax laws, items of value received by the Reagans were taxable if the donor intended to benefit financially. "People in the fashion industry are very aware of the value of having someone of high visibility wear their designs," says Blazakis. "As First Lady, Mrs. Reagan was among the most visible women in the nation."

Nancy Reagan's Fancy Freebies May Cost the Former First Couple a Pretty Penny in Back Taxes : People.com

Nancy Reagan's wardrobe consisted of dresses, gowns, and suits made by luxury designers, including James Galanos, Bill Blass and Oscar de la Renta. Her white, hand-beaded, one shoulder Galanos 1981 inaugural gown was estimated to cost $10,000[77] while the overall price of her inaugural wardrobe was said to cost $25,000.[78] She favored the color red, calling it "a picker-upper", and wore it accordingly.[77] Her wardrobe included red so often that the fire-engine shade became known as "Reagan red".[79] She employed two private hairdressers who would style her hair on a regular basis in the White House.

Though her elegant fashions and wardrobe were hailed as a "glamorous paragon of chic",[78] they were also controversial subjects. In 1982, she revealed that she had accepted thousands of dollars in clothing, jewelry, and other gifts, but defended her actions by stating that she had borrowed the clothes and that they would either be returned or donated to museums,[77][81] and that she was promoting the American fashion industry.[82] Facing criticism, she soon said she would no longer accept such loans.[82] While often buying her clothes, she continued to borrow and sometimes keep designer clothes throughout her time as first lady, which came to light in 1988.[83] None of this had been included on financial disclosure forms;[83] the non-reporting of loans under $10,000 in liability was in violation of a voluntary agreement the White House had made in 1982, while not reporting more valuable loans or clothes not returned was a possible violation of the Ethics in Government Act.[83][84][85] Nancy expressed through her press secretary "regrets that she failed to heed counsel's advice" on disclosing them.[85]

Despite the controversy, many designers who allowed her to borrow clothing noted that the arrangement was good for their businesses[83] as well as for the American fashion industry overall.[86] In 1989, Nancy was honored at the annual gala awards dinner of the Council of Fashion Designers of America, during which she received the council's lifetime achievement award.[87] Barbara Walters said of her, "She has served every day for eight long years the word 'style.

In 1989 the Internal Revenue Service began investigating the Reagans for whether they owed additional tax on the gifts and loans of high-fashion clothes and jewelry to Nancy during their time in the White House[143] (recipients benefiting from the display of such items recognize taxable income even if they are returned).[143] In 1992 the IRS determined the Reagans had failed to include some $3 million worth of fashion items between 1983 and 1988 on their tax returns;[144] they were billed for a large amount of back taxes and interest, which was subsequently paid.[144]

Nancy Reagan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Actually I couldna give a fuck what the president and his first lady wears, but you idiots make sucha big deal I wanted to show you that repubs are no better.

we are all in this together, we are all equals and shes finally proud of this country, or the 7k coat either way shes proud shes rich and good luck to the poor folk. Nothing says we're equal like someone wearing a 7k coat in a bad eco time while trying to tell people u know of their plights.

Nothing compared to the Queen Nancy Reagan and her opulant 22k dresses during the recession when little help was given to the poor.

At least the Reagans did the job. It'd be one thing if the Obamas were doing the fucking job.

Last edited:
we are all in this together, we are all equals and shes finally proud of this country, or the 7k coat either way shes proud shes rich and good luck to the poor folk. Nothing says we're equal like someone wearing a 7k coat in a bad eco time while trying to tell people u know of their plights.

At least the Reagans did the job. It'd be one thing if the Obamas were doing the fucking job.

Blah, blah, blah, you could not handle being president of the pant shitters club so stfu.

Today's left are to the left of Kennedy on many social issues as well, remember "ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for...

Last edited:
Whatever, I served my country and have a good life.
you people must be miserable with your life, all you do is complain.

In other news Mitt and Ann both contributed 75k to his election campaign. I guess they must be really afraid of losing if we apply the logic in this thread. Hmmm, this may force Ann to put mid grade gasoline in her 5 cadillacs, and I hope it doesn't make her ballarina horsey lose in the olympics because we all know how important ballarina horseys are to the republicans. Wait, it all wors out for her because Mittens saved 77k in taxes for having a ballarina horse so instead of contributing to the country that helped him be a rich asshole he can now run to destroy it.

I bet all of those people who Mittens layed off so he could hire chinese for a nickel are so happy he is able to just toss around 75 k, and that his wife who has never worked a day in her life is able to toss around that money too. Think of all the people who helped mittens get where he is by getting fired so he could save a couple of bucks and contribute to his campaign to make chinese workers more secure in their jobs.

In other news 3000 chinese workers showed their support for mittens new China jobs initiative by tossing themselves off the buildings they work in. They were then removed from their anti-suicide nets and whipped back in line making Ipads by the shiny new whips they got from Bain Capital. Bain, destroying american business one at a time in a prestigious history brought about by Mittens in the years he got paid for managing their company but was not actually managing their company. I think we see why they might need cheap labor.

Mittens' new campaign slogan. I made it on my own because I wasn't working there at the time.

What are you talking about, I am sure that Mittens companies in the USA at least pay min wage with no benefits.
like Burger king, Staples. Who can't live on min wage and part time hours?

What are you talking about, I am sure that Mittens companies in the USA at least pay min wage with no benefits.
like Burger king, Staples. Who can't live on min wage and part time hours?

"Benefits" have created artificial costs or should I say mandating benefits has. We've permanently screwed ourselves anyways.

In other news Mitt and Ann both contributed 75k to his election campaign. I guess they must be really afraid of losing if we apply the logic in this thread. Hmmm, this may force Ann to put mid grade gasoline in her 5 cadillacs, and I hope it doesn't make her ballarina horsey lose in the olympics because we all know how important ballarina horseys are to the republicans. Wait, it all wors out for her because Mittens saved 77k in taxes for having a ballarina horse so instead of contributing to the country that helped him be a rich asshole he can now run to destroy it.

I bet all of those people who Mittens layed off so he could hire chinese for a nickel are so happy he is able to just toss around 75 k, and that his wife who has never worked a day in her life is able to toss around that money too. Think of all the people who helped mittens get where he is by getting fired so he could save a couple of bucks and contribute to his campaign to make chinese workers more secure in their jobs.

In other news 3000 chinese workers showed their support for mittens new China jobs initiative by tossing themselves off the buildings they work in. They were then removed from their anti-suicide nets and whipped back in line making Ipads by the shiny new whips they got from Bain Capital. Bain, destroying american business one at a time in a prestigious history brought about by Mittens in the years he got paid for managing their company but was not actually managing their company. I think we see why they might need cheap labor.

Mittens' new campaign slogan. I made it on my own because I wasn't working there at the time.

You should be a Hollywood writer. That was a fun read; like it was right out of the pages of Game Changer or something.

Today's left are to the left of Kennedy on many social issues as well, remember "ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for...

That^ statement certainly would not apply to the takers of today... Can you imagine if Romney said that instead of Kennedy... The handout class would be livid.

Forum List

Back