Obama doesn't care about the budget....why should we care about paying taxes?

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
Obama's speech skipped la-de-dah right over our budget problems....instead he emphasized handing out the goodies...

If the President won't even be bothered with the budget why should we be bothered with paying taxes....?

Last edited:
Yea, we'll get put in jail for not paying or cheating on our taxes. I'd like to know how Geithner and other people in the Obama administration got around that after getting caught. Somehow, I don't think the IRS will accept our excuse if we use Turbo Timmy's reason for cheating. He was ignorant on tax laws, so now he writes tax laws. trustthegovernment trustthegovernment trustthegovernment

President Obama is a self professed failed leader. Here is a speech he gave about the Bush administration in 2006 while in Congress.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising Americas debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US government can't pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our governments reckless fiscal policies. Increasing Americas debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that "the buck stops here." Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. America deserves better."

Well said Mr. President.

I really feel bad for Obama supporters. At best he is a mere demagogue. At worst he is trying to weaken the country and destroy it.

Yea, we'll get put in jail for not paying or cheating on our taxes. I'd like to know how Geithner and other people in the Obama administration got around that after getting caught. Somehow, I don't think the IRS will accept our excuse if we use Turbo Timmy's reason for cheating. He was ignorant on tax laws, so now he writes tax laws. trustthegovernment trustthegovernment trustthegovernment

The hypocrisy is astounding.

Obama's speech skipped la-de-dah right over our budget problems....instead he emphasized handing out the goodies...

If the President won't even be bothered with the budget why should we be bothered with paying taxes....?

AGREED!!!

I for one KNOW several people that are NOT paying their taxes before 4/15/2013 as they are getting extensions and then extensions again.. and by that time August 2013 Obama will be in the middle of House impeachment activities AND then the 2014 election will bring 6 GOP senators for the 10 open Dem seats!
Senate will be GOP and by that time the country will really be in BIG FINANCIAL trouble as tax revenues will be WAY down if more people like the people I know are going to be deferring paying taxes!!!
It will happen!

Excellent point.

I suggest you move forward with this and show the gubmint that enough is enough.

I am nowhere as smart as the President and definitely not you "Lakhota".. but I do know that millions of the 100 million taxpayers are finding out little details about government spending such as the following and as a result.. millions of taxpayers are considering filing "extensions on 4/15/13 and extensions on 8/2013... and by then..
BECAUSE they are just about feed up with these types of spending of their TAX DOLLARS!!!

These are SPENDING PROBLEMS!!!
Government auditors spent the past five years examining all federal programs and found that 22 percent of them --
costing taxpayers a total of $123 billion annually - fail to show any positive impact on the populations they serve!

- spend $2.6 million to make sure prostitutes in China drink less on the job.
- $1.44 million in federal funds estimating the size of the population and examining the “social milieu” of male prostitutes in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Washington spends $25 billion annually maintaining unused or vacant federal properties
- Studying pig poop. The Environmental Protection Agency awarded a $141,450 grant under the Clean Air Act to fund a Chinese study on swine manure and
- a $1.2 million grant to the United Nations for clean fuel promotion.
- Amtrak snacks. Federally subsidized Amtrak lost $84.5 million on its food and beverage services in 2011 and $833.8 million over the past 10 years.
- Conferences for government employees. In 2008 and 2009 alone, the Department of Justice spent $121 million to host or participate in 1,832 conferences.

U.S. Senator Tom Coburn, M.D. (R-OK) today released a new oversight report, “Wastebook 2010” that highlights some of the most egregious examples of government waste in 2010.
Dr. Coburn Releases New Oversight Report:?Wastebook 2010: A Guide to Some of the Most Wasteful Government Spending of 2010? - Press Releases - Tom Coburn, M.D., United States Senator from Oklahoma

AGAIN the problem is perceptions of people that Obama just wants to do BIG THINGS and it is the LITTLE things that are costing us BIG TIME!!!
ObamaCARE... is costing JOBS!!! people now working 35 hours ...that cost payroll taxes alone!

Obama has been submitting his budget request, every year in fact. But the senate will not pass anything. If you want to say that Obama is at fault for not taking the reigns over his party where Reid has failed, that's one thing. But to say that Obama hasn't even bothered with the budget is false.

In his speech, Romney faulted Obama for failing to pass a budget. He was correct that the two times Congress voted on the president’s budget requests, both times they were voted down. But the job of passing a budget resolution is not the president’s. That responsibility falls to Congress, and even then the president doesn’t sign it. As Ellis, our expert, put it: "The president has no role in passing a budget. The president can cajole Congress about passing a budget and advocate for positions and funding levels, but in the end, Congress approves the budget resolution for their own purposes." That’s the difference between this and other claims we’ve rated which blamed Congress for inaction on the budget.

Romney’s statement contains a grain of truth, in that two of Obama’s budget requests failed to pass. But citing those votes leaves a wrong impression -- namely that the votes were anything more than political theater. Romney omitted the more critical information that passing a federal budget is the job of Congress. Given all that, we rate his statement Mostly False.

More: PolitiFact | Romney says Obama failed to pass a budget

Obama has been submitting his budget request, every year in fact. But the senate will not pass anything. If you want to say that Obama is at fault for not taking the reigns over his party where Reid has failed, that's one thing. But to say that Obama hasn't even bothered with the budget is false.

You are correct.

His Dem Senate has kicked his budget to the curb since he because POTUS.

That should tell you something. Even his Dems think his budgets suck.

Yup. Its Reid and the Senate holding up his budget show. Glad they are.

Forum List

Back