Obama Considering Republican for SCOTUS

McConnell should not allow a vote on anyone unless he is a conservative and it involves him getting a blowjob from Michelle.

I can see Obama pulling a trick, like nominating a conservative (to get the Republicans to agree to a hearing), then withdraw him and replace him with somebody else once the hearings start.

Heh, It would be just like the repugs to not give a hearing for one of their own just to spite Obama. If he nominates this guy, they should run, not walk to confirmation hearings. they won't get a better deal. Besides, Ginsburg and Kennedy will both likely need to be replaced soon. If they want to maintain their right wing majority on the SC, they should take this opportunity.

Sorry Lads, he is a "Bloomberg" Republican, he is no "centrist".

Hard to believe...
Looking to appoint centrist
News
Brian Lilley

The Obama administration could be looking to avoid a fight over the replacement of Antonin Scalia on the Supreme Court by appointing a Republican, albeit a centrist Republican. The Washington Post reports that the White House is considering appointing the governor of Nevada to the highest court in the land:

President Obama is weighing the selection of Brian Sandoval, a centrist former federal judge who has served as governor since 2011, according to two people familiar with the process. Though the review process is in its initial phases and it is unclear whether the governor could ultimately emerge as the president’s pick, even the prospect of his nomination poses a difficult dilemma for Senate Republicans who have promised not to consider any nomination before November’s elections.

I posted this 10 days ago;

"One thing worries me in my observation from afar, Obama hasn't exactly been the stalwart progressive advertised in his original campaign. As a matter of fact he's been quite accommodating to the Corporatist establishment starting year one...........Be careful what you wish for, I don't think he'd name a Scalia clone but more likely a neutral compromising centrist. Might be better to wait an unprecedented year and hope for that likely Dem victory in the Fall."

This one too;

. "Obama hasn't done much that has thrilled the progressives in the Party. One last parting shot to assure himself of hundreds of millions in corporate speaking fees and book deals and Board of Governor jobs would put the final nail in his coffin as that fake progressive advertised 8 yrs. ago.
Call me a cynic. Let's see him make a bold move for a change and actually throw all the weight of the Presidency behind a real liberal Constitutionalist and fight like a pitbull to get him or her through Congress. HA! That'll be the day."

I don't know what he's up to. I know I became more disillusioned with him as time went on. He doesn't seem to give a shit about his legacy or those that first made him President and really expected that hope and change. They made the mistake of seeing in him something that really wasn't there I guess, I know I did.

someone passes a law forcing people to buy a product, but he's a fake leftist.

well at least you feel lied and cheated to, welcome to the club

Hard to believe...
News
Brian Lilley

The Obama administration could be looking to avoid a fight over the replacement of Antonin Scalia on the Supreme Court by appointing a Republican, albeit a centrist Republican. The Washington Post reports that the White House is considering appointing the governor of Nevada to the highest court in the land:

President Obama is weighing the selection of Brian Sandoval, a centrist former federal judge who has served as governor since 2011, according to two people familiar with the process. Though the review process is in its initial phases and it is unclear whether the governor could ultimately emerge as the president’s pick, even the prospect of his nomination poses a difficult dilemma for Senate Republicans who have promised not to consider any nomination before November’s elections.

"One thing worries me in my observation from afar, Obama hasn't exactly been the stalwart progressive advertised in his original campaign. As a matter of fact he's been quite accommodating to the Corporatist establishment starting year one...........Be careful what you wish for, I don't think he'd name a Scalia clone but more likely a neutral compromising centrist. Might be better to wait an unprecedented year and hope for that likely Dem victory in the Fall."

This one too;

. "Obama hasn't done much that has thrilled the progressives in the Party. One last parting shot to assure himself of hundreds of millions in corporate speaking fees and book deals and Board of Governor jobs would put the final nail in his coffin as that fake progressive advertised 8 yrs. ago.
Call me a cynic. Let's see him make a bold move for a change and actually throw all the weight of the Presidency behind a real liberal Constitutionalist and fight like a pitbull to get him or her through Congress. HA! That'll be the day."

I don't know what he's up to. I know I became more disillusioned with him as time went on. He doesn't seem to give a shit about his legacy or those that first made him President and really expected that hope and change. They made the mistake of seeing in him something that really wasn't there I guess, I know I did.

You could call passing a rational single-payer plan like we have in Canada "leftist" and defend that statement from a purely Capitalist perspective without any logical fallacy. Calling a vehicle for the Pharmaceutical and Health Insurance giants and their ilk who will reap billions in profits "leftist" doesn't make sense to me. Some estimate the increased profits for the drug companies alone will be $10 to $35 billion in the next decade.
(Please don't try the same worn out right-wing criticisms of the Canadian plan. I paid into the plan for forty years and have benefited from it big-time in the last couple of years. I can tell you that it's not perfect, nothing is, but it's damn good)

And it hasn't hurt our middle class, this from our Globe and Mail newspaper;

"So what does explain the trend differences in the size of the middle class between countries? [U.S and Canada- Canada's is remaining "remarkably constant" while the American middle class shrinks] Scholars have pointed to both the education and health care systems as hallmarks of a more equal society in Canada. Canada’s health care system is universal and predominantly publicly funded and Canada’s public education system remains popular and strong, with less variation in local funding than the in United States. Strong public investment in these areas could produce a stronger middle class and more social mobility in Canada than in the U.S."

Hard to believe...
News
Brian Lilley

This one too;

You could call passing a rational single-payer plan like we have in Canada "leftist" and defend that statement from a purely Capitalist perspective without any logical fallacy. Calling a vehicle for the Pharmaceutical and Health Insurance giants and their ilk who will reap billions in profits "leftist" doesn't make sense to me. Some estimate the increased profits for the drug companies alone will be $10 to $35 billion in the next decade.
(Please don't try the same worn out right-wing criticisms of the Canadian plan. I paid into the plan for forty years and have benefited from it big-time in the last couple of years. I can tell you that it's not perfect, nothing is, but it's damn good)

And it hasn't hurt our middle class, this from our Globe and Mail newspaper;

"So what does explain the trend differences in the size of the middle class between countries? [U.S and Canada- Canada's is remaining "remarkably constant" while the American middle class shrinks] Scholars have pointed to both the education and health care systems as hallmarks of a more equal society in Canada. Canada’s health care system is universal and predominantly publicly funded and Canada’s public education system remains popular and strong, with less variation in local funding than the in United States. Strong public investment in these areas could produce a stronger middle class and more social mobility in Canada than in the U.S."
What's leftist about it is you have to buy ins or else.

our ancestors chose to leave tyranny to come here for freedom, but leftist don't want freedom, they want tyranny.

and no one give a fuck about Canada, you bombed isis and no one knew except there was a joke meme that went around

Sandoval bows out of Supreme Court consideration
By Juliet Eilperin February 25 at 1:34 PM
imrs.php

Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval (R) announced Thursday he was withdrawing his name from consideration as a possible Supreme Court nominee, just one day after it became public the White House was weighing whether to select him.

“Earlier today, I notified the White House that I do not wish to be considered at this time for possible nomination to the Supreme Court of the United States,” Sandoval said in a brief statement.

By Juliet Eilperin February 25 at 1:34 PM
imrs.php

Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval (R) announced Thursday he was withdrawing his name from consideration as a possible Supreme Court nominee, just one day after it became public the White House was weighing whether to select him.

“Earlier today, I notified the White House that I do not wish to be considered at this time for possible nomination to the Supreme Court of the United States,” Sandoval said in a brief statement.

so it was all a fake front.
rosin bag in the glove trick
brown shoe handoff

Forum List

Back