Obama celebrates US first Memorial day in 14 years without major US war

And many conservatives want to send American troops back to Iraq to die in a failed, pointless war.

If the GOP wins the WH in 2016, you can be sure we will deploy troops to a battle somewhere. There are too many military related corporate lobbyist insisting that their Republican representatives account for some of those campaign funds they showered on their pigeons....Solider's Blood = Corporate Profits

Like LBJ, Brown-Root and Vietnam?
Hard lessons you and others on the right have clearly failed to learn.

And many conservatives want to send American troops back to Iraq to die in a failed, pointless war.

If the GOP wins the WH in 2016, you can be sure we will deploy troops to a battle somewhere. There are too many military related corporate lobbyist insisting that their Republican representatives account for some of those campaign funds they showered on their pigeons....Solider's Blood = Corporate Profits

Like LBJ, Brown-Root and Vietnam?
Hard lessons you and others on the right have clearly failed to learn.

Unfortunately for you I consider you a left loon

America is missing so many wars and each one has a possibility of getting bigger with the proper manipulation. New Guinea has tribes galore that have endless fights, but for some reason we seem to fail to get involved.

Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Syria, Ukraine, Yemen, and the list goes on. Just because you don't call it "major" doesn't mean it's not.

Good grief, what do you call the debacle in Iraq and Yemen, where Obama has thrown away years of blood and treasure? How about Russia's selling of SAM missiles to Iran? How about the radicalization of Egypt and Libya? Heard of those developments--or do they not cover those kinds of things on MSNBC and at MoveOn and the Huffington Post?

My heavens, what a way celebrate to Memorial Day--when we are in retreat and/or defeat in crucial parts of the globe.

The premise of the celebration is false. We are in a major war with Medieval Islam. They are fighting it while Obama ignores it.

There is a major war currently going on in the middle east against ISIS which we are a part of. I understand why some don't realize it given that the currrent CIC is doing only the bare minimum necessary to fight it in order to give the impression the United States is really involved in foriegn policy when were really not.
He ask Congress last fall for more power to wage war, but Congress only said no...

The GOP Congress is useless. Their one goal is to INVESTIGATE BENGHAZI! That is is. Good Night....
I will ask you the same question I ask moonglow what is it Obama needs Congress to authorize that he is not already doing? As I also pointed out Obama won't send ground troops in and won't launch airstrikes agaginst ISIS in Syria where there power base is.

You ha
America is missing so many wars and each one has a possibility of getting bigger with the proper manipulation. New Guinea has tribes galore that have endless fights, but for some reason we seem to fail to get involved.

Not to worry. If the GOP wins the WH in 2016, the repub president will happily send someone else's sons and daughters to those wars. Might even create a few more!

There is a major war currently going on in the middle east against ISIS which we are a part of. I understand why some don't realize it given that the currrent CIC is doing only the bare minimum necessary to fight it in order to give the impression the United States is really involved in foriegn policy when were really not.
He ask Congress last fall for more power to wage war, but Congress only said no...

The GOP Congress is useless. Their one goal is to INVESTIGATE BENGHAZI! That is is. Good Night....
I will ask you the same question I ask moonglow what is it Obama needs Congress to authorize that he is not already doing? As I also pointed out Obama won't send ground troops in and won't launch airstrikes agaginst ISIS in Syria where there power base is.

You are a liar. The US has launched many strikes including bombing raids in Syria.

You are a liar. The US has launched many strikes including bombing raids in Syria.
The majority have been against ISIS forces in Iraq the Assad regime has launched more airstrikes against ISIS in Syria than the U.S. has which by the way has not slowed the advance of ISIS across the region. If the U.S. has launched as many strikes as you claim why have they been so ineffective?

Which goes to show the lie that your thread is.

The majority have been against ISIS forces in Iraq the Assad regime has launched more airstrikes against ISIS in Syria than the U.S. has which by the way has not slowed the advance of ISIS across the region. If the U.S. has launched as many strikes as you claim why have they been so ineffective?

Airstrikes alone will not defeat ISIS. Until the ground forces can stand up against the terror group, they will continue to have occasional successes. ISIS needs to be pushed out of Iraq first. The situation in Syria with the Assad regime is a much more difficult stage. It will take years to build a force that will take on both ISIS and Assad. Unfortunately, until then, many innocent people will die.

Airstrikes alone will not defeat ISIS. Until the ground forces can stand up against the terror group, they will continue to have occasional successes. ISIS needs to be pushed out of Iraq first. The situation in Syria with the Assad regime is a much more difficult stage. It will take years to build a force that will take on both ISIS and Assad. Unfortunately, until then, many innocent people will die.
In the last week ISIS took to major cities one in Iraq one in Syria that is more than occasional success .ironically we have a force in Iraq that can and will stand up and fight ISIS the Kurds and Sunni tribes in Anbar but we won't arm them we send it all to Shia dominated central who sends them nothing.

In the last week ISIS took to major cities one in Iraq one in Syria that is more than occasional success .ironically we have a force in Iraq that can and will stand up and fight ISIS the Kurds and Sunni tribes in Anbar but we won't arm them we send it all to Shia dominated central who sends them nothing.

If that is the case, it needs to be corrected. The Kurds are incredible fighters.

Its only pointless if you intend to lose, as Obozo did in Afghanistan. He chose the surge option rated most likely to fail. And it did.
Obama is allowing ISIS to take over Syria/Iraq and showing token resistence to it, insisting his plan is working until it is clear it isnt, then saying he will reconsider strategy on his workng plan (because it was working so well), then doing the thing that will have the least effect.

If that is the case, it needs to be corrected. The Kurds are incredible fighters.
It is and yes it does need to corrected.

Forum List

Back