Obama Care Mess

CallieAnn

Rookie
Apr 12, 2013
Just this morning I read an article about ObamaCare in a company newsletter my younger sister brought home from work. It made my hair stand on end!! If I could print it on here for folks to read I would.

Under this legislation we are all going to be in hot water. It is going to be a mess. My sister's employer is going to drop all full-timers to part-time in order to avoid being penalized. and I do mean penalized. Because they have over 50 full-time employees they would be find $2000 for every FT employee minus the first 30, a grand total of over $700,000.00 annually. Think this is a good incentive for companies to provide insurance? Read on!

The most popular and least expensive plan this company offers is a "Limited Benefits Plan" Because their is a limit or "cap" on the services the plan covers annually, it does not meet the minimum essential coverage requirement of the ObamaCare legislation. They will not be able to offer this plan to their employees when the time comes for renewal.

If a plan offered by an employer costs more than 9.5% of the employee's gross household wages for the least expensive employee only plan, the plan is considered unaffordable and the employer can be penalized $3000 per employee who can't afford the insurance.

The Congressional Budget Office estimates that health insurance for individuals will be as much as $4000 annually and $12,000 for families.

People, we need to wake up and smell the coffee! We are being bullied by our government (Obama). Those of us who care need to telephone our state congresspeople and let them know how we feel. This is still the United States of America and I for one would like it to stay that way. :eusa_pray:

People may dislike “the health reform law” when asked about it that way, but their negative views are rooted largely in ignorance. Strong majorities favor most of the law’s key provisions. Two-thirds favor the so-called guaranteed issue, which bars discrimination against people with pre-existing conditions. More than 70% support expanding Medicaid to cover people living below 138% of the poverty level. Some 76% like the rule that allows kids to stay on their parents’ plans through age 25, and even higher proportions favor health insurance exchanges, better drug coverage for Medicare participants, and tax credits to help small businesses sponsor health plans for their employees (chart). All told, the public favors 10 of Obamacare’s 11 key provisions, and Republicans favor seven of the 11.

Happy Birthday, Obamacare ? MSNBC

Setting aside the argument as to whether it's the federal gubmint's job to dictate to insurance companies who their customers will and won't be, we didn't need more than 1,200 pages of legislation, scores of thousands of pages of regulations and an army of new bureaucrats to get all those things, you useful idiot.

People may dislike “the health reform law” when asked about it that way, but their negative views are rooted largely in ignorance. Strong majorities favor most of the law’s key provisions. Two-thirds favor the so-called guaranteed issue, which bars discrimination against people with pre-existing conditions. More than 70% support expanding Medicaid to cover people living below 138% of the poverty level. Some 76% like the rule that allows kids to stay on their parents’ plans through age 25, and even higher proportions favor health insurance exchanges, better drug coverage for Medicare participants, and tax credits to help small businesses sponsor health plans for their employees (chart). All told, the public favors 10 of Obamacare’s 11 key provisions, and Republicans favor seven of the 11.

So as things keep going to shit due to Obamacare, you will be on the front lines of people accepting responsibility when nothing good comes of your claims?

However, those numbers may change once people realize that they will have to pay for those benefits through higher premiums, fines, or being dropped completely by their employer, who may also reduce their hours to get around the "full time" requirements. Everyone likes better benefits until the bill comes.

I suppose the ones who will hate it the most will be the young people who make reasonable income but choose not to buy health insurance; they will be paying a penalty (OK, a tax) of 2.5% of their income by 2016.

Yup.....large majorities of liberals love the AHCA but businesses will lay of millions of workers because of it.

So I guess people that love the welfare state just love it.

Obama care is screwing up everyone and everything already. this morning i got a call to remind me of my annual eye checkup, I've seen this Doctor once a year since she did my cataract surgery. It's a simple in and out checkup takes about 15 minutes. I had forgotten about it and have another Appointment on Monday. Next available appointment is August. I said to the girl, "damn she's busy" She said, "no, it's the new healthcare". She wouldn't elaborate on it.......

However, those numbers may change once people realize that they will have to pay for those benefits through higher premiums, fines, or being dropped completely by their employer, who may also reduce their hours to get around the "full time" requirements. Everyone likes better benefits until the bill comes.

I suppose the ones who will hate it the most will be the young people who make reasonable income but choose not to buy health insurance; they will be paying a penalty (OK, a tax) of 2.5% of their income by 2016.
Well, we'll have to wait and see the results in two a three years after the the healthcare law is fully implemented. My guess is you're not going to want turn the clock back unless of course your're a right winger.

Like Princess Nancy said.We need to pass it to see what's in it.
We will need to wait a few years just to see what a mess this thing is.

The only ones that will benefit from this are the health insurance companies that get chosen in the exchange. Those insurance companies also have a Medicaid plan where the State will pay them a big lump sum per month for taking care of their Medicaid patients.

The people on Medicaid will not have any deductibles to worry about while the rest of us who are employed will have anywhere from $3000 - $6,000 deductibles. Family coverage will be higher. They will cover preventive services but that mostly applies to the physician visit. Any lab work, x-rays, diagnostic testing will be applied to your deductible.

If you have to go to the emergency room your insurance will cover the hospital visit and the physician charges but any testing will be applied to your deductible. The days when we only had to pay a co-pay for all services are gone now.

The health insurances make big profits by doing this since they are turning all of our plans into catastrophic plans with higher premiums. The government has taken care of the high risk pool by funded them but they too have high premiums and deductibles.

It is a complete rip off to the masses and people do need to stand up and stop this horrible take over of our health. If they cared at all about us they would have done this differently but the fact is they are only supporting the insurance companies since they gave them millions for lobbying and contributions to politicians.

Just this morning I read an article about ObamaCare in a company newsletter my younger sister brought home from work. It made my hair stand on end!! If I could print it on here for folks to read I would.

Under this legislation we are all going to be in hot water. It is going to be a mess. My sister's employer is going to drop all full-timers to part-time in order to avoid being penalized. and I do mean penalized. Because they have over 50 full-time employees they would be find $2000 for every FT employee minus the first 30, a grand total of over $700,000.00 annually. Think this is a good incentive for companies to provide insurance? Read on!

The most popular and least expensive plan this company offers is a "Limited Benefits Plan" Because their is a limit or "cap" on the services the plan covers annually, it does not meet the minimum essential coverage requirement of the ObamaCare legislation. They will not be able to offer this plan to their employees when the time comes for renewal.

If a plan offered by an employer costs more than 9.5% of the employee's gross household wages for the least expensive employee only plan, the plan is considered unaffordable and the employer can be penalized $3000 per employee who can't afford the insurance.

The Congressional Budget Office estimates that health insurance for individuals will be as much as $4000 annually and $12,000 for families.

People, we need to wake up and smell the coffee! We are being bullied by our government (Obama). Those of us who care need to telephone our state congresspeople and let them know how we feel. This is still the United States of America and I for one would like it to stay that way. :eusa_pray:

The only people that deserve Obama's policies, are the ones that voted for him and believed this: :lmao:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUiiIrZpUCU]Obama's LIE to Never to Raise Taxes on Anyone Making Less Than $250,000 a Year - YouTube[/ame]

The only ones that will benefit from this are the health insurance companies that get chosen in the exchange. Those insurance companies also have a Medicaid plan where the State will pay them a big lump sum per month for taking care of their Medicaid patients.

The people on Medicaid will not have any deductibles to worry about while the rest of us who are employed will have anywhere from $3000 - $6,000 deductibles. Family coverage will be higher. They will cover preventive services but that mostly applies to the physician visit. Any lab work, x-rays, diagnostic testing will be applied to your deductible.

If you have to go to the emergency room your insurance will cover the hospital visit and the physician charges but any testing will be applied to your deductible. The days when we only had to pay a co-pay for all services are gone now.

The health insurances make big profits by doing this since they are turning all of our plans into catastrophic plans with higher premiums. The government has taken care of the high risk pool by funded them but they too have high premiums and deductibles.

It is a complete rip off to the masses and people do need to stand up and stop this horrible take over of our health. If they cared at all about us they would have done this differently but the fact is they are only supporting the insurance companies since they gave them millions for lobbying and contributions to politicians.
It's not just insurance companies that benefits:

Families making less than 133 percent of the poverty line — that’s about $29,000 for a family of four — will be covered through Medicaid. Between 133 percent and 400 percent of the poverty line — $88,000 for a family of four – families will get tax credits on a sliding scale to help pay for private insurance.

For families making less than 400 percent of the poverty line, premiums are capped. So, between 150% and 200% of the poverty line, for instance, families won’t have to pay more than 6.3 percent of their income in premiums. Between 300 percent and 400 percent, they won’t have to pay more than 9.5 percent.

Small businesses that have fewer than 10 employees, average wages beneath $25,000, and that provide insurance for their workers will get a 50 percent tax credit on their contribution. The tax credit reaches up to small businesses with up to 50 employees and average wages of $50,000, though it gets smaller as the business get bigger and richer.

Insurance companies are not allowed to discriminated based on preexisting conditions. They are allowed to discriminate based “on age (limited to 3 to 1 ratio), premium rating area, family composition, and tobacco use (limited to 1.5. to 1 ratio).”

Most People with group coverage will see only minor changes in coverage.

The law requires insurers to spend between 80 and 85 percent of every premium dollar on medical care (as opposed to administration, advertising, etc).

The law is expected to spend a bit over $1 trillion in the next 10 years. The law’s spending cuts — many of which fall on Medicare — and tax increases are expected to either save or raise a bit more than that, which is why the Congressional Budget Office estimates that it will slightly reduce the deficit.

The CBO also estimates that by 2022, 33 million people who have no health insurance now will have coverage.

No, it's not just insurance companies that benefit.

Last edited:
Within 10 or 15 years, access to affordable healthcare will be considered to be a right by most people.

Within 10-15 years it will be moot because the supply will be far outstripped by demand.

Those who get priority care will be the politically well connected.

Romans thought the had the right to bread, oil, and circuses. That worked out really well.

Within 10 or 15 years, access to affordable healthcare will be considered to be a right by most people.
Forcing someone to provide you with something is not now nor will ever be a right, no matter how many brain dead Marxist jackasses like you "consider" it to be so.
I didn't say I thought it was a right, I said most people will. After 10 or 15 years of healthcare being available to everyone regardless of their ability to pay, people will think of healthcare in much the same way that they think of police and fire protection. If you need it, it's there without regard to your ability to pay.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back