Obama at war with USA industries,wants electric rates to skyrocket..

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Wants to destroy coal industry...

Obama: “Under my plan....electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket"

In one interview he said, "If somebody wants to build a coal-powered plant, they can; it's just that it will bankrupt them because
they're going to be charged a huge sum for all that greenhouse gas that's being emitted."

Obama's normal campaign rhetoric did not promise to bankrupt our own coal industry.
While he promised a new dawn of abundant energy, he actually planned to declare war on the coal industry.
Source: Uttered in 2008, still haunting Obama in 2012 - Erica Martinson - POLITICO.com

Obama: " I'd like higher gas prices, just not so quickly"
SOURCE: LiveLeak.com - Obama: Id like higher gas prices, just not so quickly

He has gotten his wish!
Reality, Price of a gallon of gas
Bush Jan 05, 2009 $1.672
Obama Jun 24, 2013 $3.577 (131% increase)
Gasoline and Diesel Fuel Update - Energy Information Administration

And as of today... June 25th, 2013 WH Climate Adviser: 'A War on Coal Is Exactly What’s Needed'

Daniel P. Schrag, a White House climate adviser and director of the Harvard University Center for the Environment, tells the New York Times
"a war on coal is exactly what's needed." Later today, President Obama will give a major "climate change" address at Georgetown University.

“Everybody is waiting for action,” Schrag tells the paper.
“The one thing the president really needs to do now is to begin the process of shutting down the conventional coal plants. Politically, the White House is hesitant to say they’re having a war on coal. On the other hand, a war on coal is exactly what’s needed.”

Obama's speech today is expected to offer "a sweeping plan to address climate change on Tuesday, setting ambitious goals and timetables for a series of executive actions to reduce greenhouse gas pollution and prepare the nation for the ravages of a warming planet," according to the Times.
WH Climate Adviser: 'A War on Coal Is Exactly What?s Needed' | The Weekly Standard

Does Obama and his administration EVER consider :
A) The USA's landscape, i.e. trees,plants etc. ABSORBS all the CO2 emitted by the USA and still could absorb another 15%???
http://www.ncrs.fs.fed.us/pubs/jrnl/2007/nrs_2007_woodbury_001.pdf

B) Destroying the TAX base increases the national debt?

West Virginia, Pennsylvania and Kentucky can go screw themselves, I guess.

The House, the Senate, and the Supreme Court need to shut this nonsense down.

Forum List

Back