Obama appoints a Bain Capital Alumni as Director Office of Mgt. & Budget (OMB)

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
you cannot make this shit up.

Its different though, somehow, it just is. :eusa_hand:

You see, Bain Capital was the kinder gentler Bain Capital when he was there...:rolleyes:

New Obama OMB director a Bain alum
January 17, 2012 4:11pm

Jeffrey Zients will serve as President Obama's new acting director of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), but the president's decision might undercut attacks on Republican Mitt Romney's career as a venture capitalist, because Zients and Romney are both alumni of Bain & Company.

"I'm pleased to designate Jeff Zients to lead the Office of Management and Budget. Since day one, Jeff has demonstrated superb judgment and has provided sound advice on a whole host of issues," Obama said in a statement accompanying the announcement today. Zients previously served as Deputy Director of OMB under Jack Lew, who became Obama's chief of staff with the departure of Bill Daley.

more at-

New Obama OMB director a Bain alum | Campaign 2012 | Washington Examiner

It is different, even if we are too stupid to understand. We should stop clinging bitterly to our guns and religion and get with the program.

By the way, can anyone explain why, if I am clinging bitterly to religion, the bitter person here goes by the name of Cammmpbel?

In spite of popular belief, Bain & Co. is an entirely separate entity from Bain Capital. Bain Capital is a private investment firm specializing in private equity (PE), public equity, leveraged debt asset, venture capital, and absolute return investments. Bain Capital does not provide management consulting services to its clients.[16]

Bain Capital was founded in 1984 by several former Bain & Co. partners that include Mitt Romney (later to become the 70th Governor of Massachusetts), T. Coleman Andrews III, and Eric Kriss.[7] On account of these shared roots, Bain & Co. still maintains a strong institutional relationship with Bain Capital. Many current Bain Capital MD's and professional staffers began their business careers at Bain & Co.[17]

Bain & Company - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is different, even if we are too stupid to understand. We should stop clinging bitterly to our guns and religion and get with the program.

By the way, can anyone explain why, if I am clinging bitterly to religion, the bitter person here goes by the name of Cammmpbel?
You are too stupid, but that's :thup:

So now you're a "conservative?" I thought you claimed to be an independent.

:eusa_whistle:

I do not claim to be anything other than a Quantum Windbag. I do not need labels to tell me what to think.

I do not claim to be anything other than a Quantum Windbag. I do not need labels to tell me what to think.
:lol:
Good point, since you don't. Think, that is.

Lots of conservatives are 'independent', Ravster. I am. I have no party affiliation - therefore I am independent. I identify mainly with 'conservative' views (although, in truth I am more of a 'Classical Liberal').... but that does not make one a 'Republican'.

In spite of popular belief, Bain & Co. is an entirely separate entity from Bain Capital. Bain Capital is a private investment firm specializing in private equity (PE), public equity, leveraged debt asset, venture capital, and absolute return investments. Bain Capital does not provide management consulting services to its clients.[16]

Bain Capital was founded in 1984 by several former Bain & Co. partners that include Mitt Romney (later to become the 70th Governor of Massachusetts), T. Coleman Andrews III, and Eric Kriss.[7] On account of these shared roots, Bain & Co. still maintains a strong institutional relationship with Bain Capital. Many current Bain Capital MD's and professional staffers began their business careers at Bain & Co.[17]

Just an FYI, Romney worked at Bain and Company. Don't tell anyone, keep it on the downlow.

Mitt Romney - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Romney entered the management consulting business, which led to a position at Bain & Company, where he eventually served as CEO and brought the company out of crisis. He was co-founder and head of the spin-off company Bain Capital, a private equity investment firm that became highly profitable and one of the largest such firms in the nation.

So... let's see... Romney worked for Bain Capital., then Bain & Co, so he is evil.

Zients worked for Bain & Co., so he is all good and pure.

Got it.

Last edited:
Republicans don't understand "bi-partisan". Their ability to reason stops at "magical creation".

You see, Bain Capital was the kinder gentler Bain Capital when he was there...:rolleyes:

Jeffrey Zients will serve as President Obama's new acting director of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), but the president's decision might undercut attacks on Republican Mitt Romney's career as a venture capitalist, because Zients and Romney are both alumni of Bain & Company.

"I'm pleased to designate Jeff Zients to lead the Office of Management and Budget. Since day one, Jeff has demonstrated superb judgment and has provided sound advice on a whole host of issues," Obama said in a statement accompanying the announcement today. Zients previously served as Deputy Director of OMB under Jack Lew, who became Obama's chief of staff with the departure of Bill Daley.

more at-

Technically, the thread title is incorrect, although the message you are giving is valid.

Huh?? Bain Capital is the private equity arm of Bain & Co. Romney worked at Bain & Co then moved on to Bain Capital. Bain Capital being more evil than the other is pure nonsense. They are both companies, they care about is the bottom line. Make profit or disappear. You simply can't apply moral standards to companies. It's capitalism people. Wake up!

more at-

Technically, the thread title is incorrect, although the message you are giving is valid.

you're spot on, and I apologize to all for my sloppiness. :redface:

Forum List

Back