Obama Announces Huge Tax Increases Are Only Solution

Once again Obama has shown his plan all along. Raise taxes.

He wants to remove home interest payments as a deduction.

Trust me, this will include everyone, not just those who make over $200k.

Also, he says he wants to remove charitable contributions as well.

Folks, this isn't all he plans to do. He's just telling us the part he thinks we want to hear.

I guess you can drop all the rhetoric over how he's cut taxes now. It was all smoke and mirrors anyway.
You are a drag

and a square

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9s1I1TZqJg]YouTube - The Beatles Strawberry Fields Forever [HQ] LONG VERSION[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Obama’s pathetic… I’ve always said, even though I didn't support him, he could have been a great president, he had a lot of good will coming… instead look what we got.... what most thinking people already knew we were going to get, an inexperienced ideologue. Obama looks small, he's a small man, with no concept of what he's dong, he's only worried about his reelection. Campaigning is the only thing he's good at

All the rabble who AREN'T going to get taxed are the ones making the most noise.

CLASSIC!!

:lol:
lol

Rather naive take on that. If you tax the top earners, job producers, corporations and etc, they either pass the cost along to the consumer, i.e. middle class, lower class or they reduce the size of their workforce to make up the difference; so taxing the "rich" has the complete opposite affect than the liberals want.

First, show that they do.

I'll be especially interested in you showing that the tax cuts are ever 'funded' at all - the rest will be sauce for the goose.

Why would tax cuts ever have to be "funded?" That's like saying government is entitled to a certain sized piece of your hide. How do you "fund" taking less of my money?

You're spouting the terminology of Stalinism.

Just wait for inflation.

When the AMT was put in place, it applied to 155 high income households - now it affects millions of middle class people. Why? Because it was never properly indexed to inflation.

So now we have two income families at the $250K level being defined as Rich. After a decade of high inflation, that will be a solidly middle middle class income level.

Three percent of American families earn over $250,000 per year, and you want to claim that income level as being middle class? So everyone under $250,000 is poor? I really love how we must all sacrifice, except for those who make the most money. God forbid, those with the most money should have to sacrifice too.

And I'll tell you what, spending cuts of $3 for every $1 of tax increases ought to make conservatives jump up and down for joy. Current tax revenues as a percentage of GDP are currently 25% below what they were under Clinton. And all I hear is everyone complaining about how they pay too much in taxes already. Give it a rest already.

You give it a rest... the economy is in the shitter... why would tax revenues be anything but low?

Good grief. Next thing I know you'll be yammering about Clinton's mythical surplus.

It wasn't an actual surplus because he used borrowed funds from SS to make it so. That being said, it's the closest thing we have seen to a balanced budget since that time. And the fact is that federal revenues were 20% of GDP at that time compared to under 15% today. Is spending a problem? You betcha. But having the lowest tax rates since before the Great Depression is a major problem also. We need to address both to get this straightened out.

All the rabble who AREN'T going to get taxed are the ones making the most noise.

CLASSIC!!

lol

Rather naive take on that. If you tax the top earners, job producers, corporations and etc, they either pass the cost along to the consumer, i.e. middle class, lower class or they reduce the size of their workforce to make up the difference; so taxing the "rich" has the complete opposite affect than the liberals want.

Well that's a great reason to continue to bow down to them. The reason being their wealth is never enough for them, so they'll still find a way to get more. And that their target is you, the consumer/the worker.
Since 1980, the working middle class has been forced to live with flat wages despite the economy almost doubling. And during the same time the wealth gap grew to levels not seen since just before the Great Recession. Jeffrockit, that growth of the wealth gap confirms what you're saying, the wealthy/Corporate America are always going to find a way to get your money.

Once again Obama has shown his plan all along. Raise taxes.

He wants to remove home interest payments as a deduction.

Trust me, this will include everyone, not just those who make over $200k.

Also, he says he wants to remove charitable contributions as well.

Folks, this isn't all he plans to do. He's just telling us the part he thinks we want to hear.

I guess you can drop all the rhetoric over how he's cut taxes now. It was all smoke and mirrors anyway.

The reason you and those like you cannot be taken seriously is you say stupid shit that isn't even close to being true. Massive tax increases? What I heard were tax increases of $1 for every $3 in spending cuts. That is not massive tax increases. You also failed to discuss the spending cuts. This is why I can't take most of what is said here seriously. It's just all political hackery from both sides most of the time.

If I were you, I'd leave and I'd never come back.

Why would that be? You are afraid of the truth? Or you just want to hear everyone support your one sided beliefs? There is no room here for those who think differently than you? Give me a break.

Then you are not serioius about addressing the deficit.

Horseshit. That argument is leftwing abracadabra. We don't have a revenue problem. We have a spending problem.

Well, we didn't have a spending problem in 2000. If we cut all spending back to 2000 levels as a percentage of GDP, in 2010 we would still have had a shortfall of over $500 billion. So yes, we have a revenue problem as well as a spending problem. In order to reach those 2000 numbers as calculated by percentage of GDP in 2010, we would have had to cut spending by $792 billion and increased revenue by $502 billion.

CLASSIC!!

lol

But Marc, I mean we should be thankful that we have rich people.

I mean we should build statues for these great people. I mean lets ignore the fact that these psychos literally brought the economy to a halt. They are special.

:eusa_eh: to republicans.

Bullshit! I pay enough freaking taxes. The government is so f'd up nobody is ever going to fix it. I already am doing more with less. The government and the people with hand outs to the government should do the SAME! It is disgusting.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you don't earn over $250,000 a year, so I'd calm down if I were you.

But feel free to tell me why the middle class should continue to fund the Bush tax cuts.

Excuse me but it's not individuals who make 250K a year that will see a tax hike it's households making over 250K.

CLASSIC!!

lol

Actually it may provide the exact result "The Great Divider" wants. This creep wants us at each other's throat. What better way to cause divisions then by taxing the rich and the rich passing on their losses to the poor and the Middle Class. It just feeds into to his Marxist philosophy.

One doesn't work without the other, not to mention you will kill the housing industry, why buy and have to maintain the home, this one is anti growth....

I think people should be able to write off expenses related to market consultation services. Failing to allow people to write off such expenses will kill the industry.

My neighbor owns a restaurant franchise (true story!). He thinks people should be able to get a tax deduction for money they put on their credit cards at chain restaurants. Failing to allow people to deduct restaurant expenses will kill the industry.

The guy down the street is a plumber. He thinks people should...well, you get the point.

Back in the old days you could deduct any interest payment. Reagan elminated that. And industry survived.

So removing the largest deduction homeowners get other then the standard deduction calling it a tax loop-hole is a good idea? Talk about massive tax increase. If he removed mortgage interest as a deduction on all of my properties I would lose everything. I've barely got my head above water and this prick wants to drown me.

Btw, wasn't there a time when credit-cards were once touted as a good investment before "Reagan" removed it as a deduction?

lol.....Obama REALLY doesnt get it.

He claimed that HE does not need another tax cut. He sees himself as no different than the rest of the "wealthy"...

What he seems to not understand is that he, and a small portion of the wealthy do not have an income based on the revenue of a company....and visa versa......He can not grasp the concept that if his taxes were a bit higher it may affect his ability to grow a company.

He IGNORES the logic that a large portion of the wealthy are the ones that can grow the economy.

Thus what happens when you elect a President that has never had the fiscal responsibility to anything buyt himself and his family.

Two points:

1. Obama doesnt understand his own finances but you do :lol: yeah, ok
2. They CAN grow the economy, but if you look at what is happening right in front of your eyes. They ARE NOT growing the economy after how many years of tax cuts. :lol:

Obviously Obama doesn't understand what he's reading off the teleprompter and what it means to us. If he did he wouldn't say it. He just knows it sounds impressive even though it's a total fallacy.

Sorry, dude.
But the fact is that 1) most middle class people don't itemize so get no benefit, and 2) there is no reason to subsidize home ownership over any other class of investment.

Personally even if rates went up slightly it would be worth it if the tax code became dead simple. How many hours did it take people to do their taxes this year? How much is that worth to you?

Actually, you're wrong,,again.

Five Most Common Tax Deductions

1. Home Mortgage Interest
2. Charitable Donations
3. Income Taxes Paid
4. Real Estate Taxes Paid
5. Medical & Dental Expenses

Five Most Common Tax Deductions

Geez are you an ignorant piece of shit.
What do you think you are proving with this information?
Man!!!!! The left really gets angry when Obama finally lays his cards on the table.

Anyone who does their own taxes knows these are the largest deductions for those that itemize outside of the self-employed. Calling him a piece of shit only shows you to be one yourself.

All this means is Obama is setting the stage for the largest tax increase in U.S. history. He's just getting us used to the idea. It may take several months to break it to us, but so be it. Pretty soon the rich, and the left, will be begging to have their hard earned cash taken from them, or at least it will seem that way, if you take the word of Democrats, the State-run media, and Obama himself. I'm sure they'll start producing polls that state the rich just love getting taxed more and more.

Oh, and I'm getting sick and tired of hearing Obama call anyone who makes over $250k millionaires and billionaires.

Last edited:
Malibu...sit down when I tell you this:

In Obamacare alone, we will be taxed $500 billion more over the next ten years. That would be $1700 for every man, woman and child on the country....so if you have a family of four, the stats are $680 per year in Obamacare taxes alone...

Did I do the math right?

Rename the boat "The IRS."

OMG! I just used the calculator...and this is too good. The actual figure is ...do you read the bible?
Here's a hint: the mark of the beast!

Must be a coincidence....

I see. $500 billion for health care for our citizens is so much more evil than $3 trillion for a war in Iraq based on lies.
The only lies here are that the war in Iraq cost $3T, and that said war was based on lies.

As was the war in Libya.....based on lies.

Dropping the tax break on charitable donations will hit the charities. People will be less inclined to give as much. How about the Government gives the tax we paid on any amount given to charity to the charity.

That way, the charity gets the benefit, not me and not the government.

That's not really true. Only 30% of those who contribute realize a deduction.

Americans For Fair Taxation: Frequently Asked Questions Answers

So can you handle a 30% reduction in income?

Forum List

Back