Obama and the left better wake up.

I'm confusing nothing, dickless.

It was democratics who opposed civil rights, and there's not a damned thing you can do about that fact.

No question it was the southern dixie-crats who lead the opposition to civil rights. What you are confusing is the difference between a democrat and republican and left wing vs right wing.

The left wing liberals which included republicans at that time lead the civil rights movement
They had that (D) by their name....They opposed civil rights.

Those are the facts, no matter how you lamely attempt to spin your way out of them.

When you have conservatives openly protesting and openly fighting to get their voices heard against an increasingly concerted effort to silence them there is a REAL problem. The right does not normally protest in this manner in this country.

The last time the right protested this loudly was during the Civil Rights era

yep, and it was the dems that embraced malcom x and huey newton to counter the Republican MLK and the advancing tide of freedom. liberals like to "keep their blacks in their place"

Ever the lying bastard, eh, Doooode.........

What? It wasn't democrats opposing civil rights? What planet did you live on?

Four Presidents in a row supported and changed the society of this nation with respect to the civil rights of all citizens. Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, and Johnson. Three Democrats and one Republican. A Republican that hated war, and warned us of the military-industrial complex.

Once again you RETARD check the votes for and against the Civil Rights act. You will find MORE democrats voted against it and that without the VAST majority of Republicans voting FOR it, it would not have passed.

Further provide actual evidence that Southern Democrats joined the Republican party. if you check most southern States are still heavily democratic at the local and State level with Republican leanings at the federal level. Go ahead site for us the percentage of republicans registered in the south versus Democrats.

Once again you RETARD check the votes for and against the Civil Rights act. You will find MORE democrats voted against it and that without the VAST majority of Republicans voting FOR it, it would not have passed.

Google Dixiecrats and Civil Rights Act of 1964.
If you look at the breakdown it was more divided along geographic than party lines with the North in favor and the South opposed.

By party and region
Note: "Southern", as used in this section, refers to members of Congress from the eleven states that made up the Confederate States of America in the American Civil War. "Northern" refers to members from the other 39 states, regardless of the geographic location of those states.

The original House version:

Southern Democrats: 7-87 (7%-93%)
Southern Republicans: 0-10 (0%-100%)
Northern Democrats: 145-9 (94%-6%)
Northern Republicans: 138-24 (85%-15%)
The Senate version:

Southern Democrats: 1-20 (5%-95%) (only Senator Ralph Yarborough of Texas voted in favor)
Southern Republicans: 0-1 (0%-100%) (this was Senator John Tower of Texas)
Northern Democrats: 45-1 (98%-2%) (only Senator Robert Byrd of West Virginia opposed the measure)
Northern Republicans: 27-5 (84%-16%) (Senators Bourke Hickenlooper of Iowa, Barry Goldwater of Arizona, Edwin L. Mechem of New Mexico, Milward L. Simpson of Wyoming, and Norris H. Cotton of New Hampshire opposed the measure)

Last edited:
When you have conservatives openly protesting and openly fighting to get their voices heard against an increasingly concerted effort to silence them there is a REAL problem. The right does not normally protest in this manner in this country.

The last time the right protested this loudly was during the Civil Rights era

Exactly. And it was pretty bad. How'd they do on that one, again?
we won

Brownshirts will be Brownshirts. Your masters see the ability to steal billions from the working man going down the drain, and they have pulled your string. So you are all going out to defend their right to bilk you. Typical.
yeah, and its your guys with the brownshirts

I'm confusing nothing, dickless.

It was democratics who opposed civil rights, and there's not a damned thing you can do about that fact.

No question it was the southern dixie-crats who lead the opposition to civil rights. What you are confusing is the difference between a democrat and republican and left wing vs right wing.

The left wing liberals which included republicans at that time lead the civil rights movement
yeah, robert byrd and Al Gore Sr were such conservatives :rolleyes:
and Clintons mentor, i forget his name

Last edited:

Google Dixiecrats and Civil Rights Act of 1964.
If you look at the breakdown it was more divided along geographic than party lines with the North in favor and the South opposed.

By party and region
Note: "Southern", as used in this section, refers to members of Congress from the eleven states that made up the Confederate States of America in the American Civil War. "Northern" refers to members from the other 39 states, regardless of the geographic location of those states.

The original House version:

Southern Democrats: 7-87 (7%-93%)
Northern Democrats: 145-9 (94%-6%)
Northern Republicans: 138-24 (85%-15%)
The Senate version:

Southern Democrats: 1-20 (5%-95%) (only Senator Ralph Yarborough of Texas voted in favor)
Northern Democrats: 45-1 (98%-2%) (only Senator Robert Byrd of West Virginia opposed the measure)
Northern Republicans: 27-5 (84%-16%) (Senators Bourke Hickenlooper of Iowa, Barry Goldwater of Arizona, Edwin L. Mechem of New Mexico, Milward L. Simpson of Wyoming, and Norris H. Cotton of New Hampshire opposed the measure)

Fact remains they carried that (D) by their names.

No wiggling or spinning out of that one.

And I see that you have yet to read anything. Small of mind, mean of spirit, useless to society as a whole. Just like your namesake.

Elvis is a legend. Meanwhile, what have you accomplished in life? Nothing. You can't even gain any respect on this board. You're a broken down individual whose trade will be obsolete in this country in a decade, no matter who the President is. So stop fellating the Ossiah. He can't save you.

I have read plenty, dementia boy. Which is why, unlike you, I am not a partisan hack. I don't give all the credit to one party and none of the credit to the other. I don't put all the blame on one party and none on the other. But you are too brainwashed and old to know any different. You can't teach an old dog new tricks, can you, you old sonofabitch?

Small of mind for you means refusing to bow down to the extreme left. Well I am not bowing down to them. Got it, Ole ****?

and he dances like Fred Astaire around questions dont forget that....

Fact remains they carried that (D) by their names.

No wiggling or spinning out of that one.

No nor can you change the fact that Southern Republicans were unanimous in their rejection.
House version
Senate version

You're right, I can't.

Just for the record, I'm not pimping for one side over the other here.....There's enough bigotry to go around.

The "holier than thou" shit is what needs to go.....Which includes the left-handed bigotry of ethnic preferences (amongst those who profess the "proper" politics, of course).

Last edited:
You're right, I can't.

Just for the record, I'm not pimping for one side over the other here.....There's enough bigotry to go around.

The "holier than thou" shit is what needs to go.

Independent?

The South lockstep voted against the Civil rights act. Zippidy doo dah. The fact remains that on everything other than the Civil Rights act Southern Democrats voted liberal right down the line.

FIRST OF ALL IT'S NOT JUST THE RIGHT!!!!! Geez have you been brainwashed by the DNC & MSNBC--HELLO:

Do you realise how many democrats & independents who are out at these town hall meetings who are scared to death that their current benefits that they get paid for by their employers will be taxed--to pay for this plan?

Do you realise how many democrats & independents (who voted a straight democrat ticket--including for Obama) are out there that are scared to death that they will lose their current (paid for private insurance by their employer) & be forced on the government plan--that they may have to pay for themselves?

Geez--get a clue--would Ya.

This is not right-wing--you're talking about EVERYONE.

Last edited:
Small "L" libertarian.

"Independents" are gutless pussies, who describe their politics in terms of who they aren't.

Good answer because you were about to be admonished severly for your lack of conviction if you said yes.

LBJ southern Democrat and POTUS who laid - in his Great Society Programs - the foundation for the welfare state that has already wreaked such havoc upon the poor and enslaved so many. And was supported almost in toto by every other Southern Democrat.

I'm sure Obama is aware that he's going to be a one term President.
Seriously doubt Obama thinks he will only have one term.

It is way too early to predict how popular and effective his first term will be.

I am sure the Obamabots are already gearing up for his re-election

In 1984, Ron Reagan ran on a position of "are you better off today than you were four years ago?" He took over from an unpopular president and the country was in economic ruin. By TRIPLING the deficit he was able to curb unemployment and reduce interest rates. He spent his way out of the recession.

ROFLMNAO... What an absolute LOAD OF REVISIONIST CRAP.

The Deficit spending during the Reagan period was comprised 100% in Leftist social spending... which is of what the Deficits PRIOR to Reagan were comprised... and of what the entire US DEBT is comprised...

This idiot simply wants to ignore fiscal catastrophe known as The New Deal and The Great Society... for which every CENT of US Debt is attributable.

Forum List

Back