Obama and McCain on CNN right now....

I thought both candidates were impressive.

McCain reminded me of Reagan. Very good at telling stories that connect to people on a viseral level, but are totally bogus.

Obama as always had a good grasp of the issues.

McCain reminded me of Reagan. Very good at telling stories that connect to people on a viseral level, but are totally bogus.

Mac was stiff, shallow and his answers were rehearsed and required no thought.
Obama was introspective...

A guy that connects to people on a viseral level, but is totally bogus impresses you. :lol:

A guy that connects to people on a viseral level, but is totally bogus impresses you. :lol:

Yes, he does.

Reagan used to have these press conferences where he would tell 10 stories, and when the press checked them they were all untrue, but people bought into the myth.

If you think Obama has a good grasp of the issues, then it's obvious he didn't have any grasp on them.

If you think Obama has a good grasp of the issues, then it's obvious he didn't have any grasp on them.

Obama's three priorities for America are the same as my own...get out of Iraq, develop American energy independence, and universal healthcare.

Getting out of Iraq will save us $200 billion dollars a year, developing American energy independence is the most important issue we face, and universal healthcare will also save us about $200 billion a year.

This is why I support Obama.

Obama's three priorities for America are the same as my own...get out of Iraq, develop American energy independence, and universal healthcare.

Getting out of Iraq will save us $200 billion dollars a year, developing American energy independence is the most important issue we face, and universal healthcare will also save us about $200 billion a year.

This is why I support Obama.

The man is too afraid to answer a question on when he thinks a child is entitled to human rights and you expect him to actually accomplish those things?

If he gets into office, it's all going to be above his paygrade.

Big whoops for Obama citing Clarence Thomas' inexperience for why he wouldn't choose him for the position of Supreme Court Justice ... I bet a lot of butts squirmed on that one ...the righties are going to jump all over that.

McCain claimed he went against his party on torture ... a half truth ... he used to be against his party on that issue ... not any more.

But IMO both candidates have come off well ... nothing surprising from either ... if I had to pick, I would say McCain was the winner tonight.

I watched this. I liked the format quite a bit both Obama and McCain seemed at ease. A few things I noticed..

Obama and his non answers are annoying. He needs to stop chasing butterflies and get to the point. His abortion answer was weak and quite idiotic " I can't specify, it's above my pay grade". Funny,that didn't keep him from speaking all about it in the Illinois senate while voting against live birth abortion..asshat. Or the fact that in the past he has outright stated that once President he would work to get rid of all restirctions currently in place regarding abortions. Another issue he danced around was blaming America for "evil". You could just tell he wanted to go there but didn't dare,came darn close though. :cool:

Mccain did pretty well,better than I expected. Plus, he showed humor,and personality. I liked that he seemed knowedgeable about the issues... an example would be the Russia and Georgia conflict and he followed with detail. I also liked his talking about stupid projects that get funded by our government ie bear DNA and that we need to curb this spending. Plus his stories about family,POW experiences ect showed his human side IMO.

Last edited:
I saw some of it.

I hope all the excitement didn't tucker out poor old McCain too much.

Big whoops for Obama citing Clarence Thomas' inexperience for why he wouldn't choose him for the position of Supreme Court Justice ... I bet a lot of butts squirmed on that one ...the righties are going to jump all over that.

McCain claimed he went against his party on torture ... a half truth ... he used to be against his party on that issue ... not any more.

But IMO both candidates have come off well ... nothing surprising from either ... if I had to pick, I would say McCain was the winner tonight.

Not really. For anyone that follows washington they know that Thomas is a lazy non thinker that has contributed nothing to the supreme court...

Only idiots would pick McCain as the winner... That is unless you want a rehearsed non thinking president....

Not really. For anyone that follows washington they know that Thomas is a lazy non thinker that has contributed nothing to the supreme court...

Only idiots would pick McCain as the winner... That is unless you want a rehearsed non thinking president....

Biggest idiotic post of the weekend.

Forum List

Back