Obama and his student loan claims

All he is doing is attempting to buy the young voters. It's so blatantly obvious.
He' already done that......​

March 30, 2010

Pell Grants

"Today, President Obama signed the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010, which delivered a significant down payment on the President’s ambitious agenda to make higher education more affordable and help more Americans earn a college degree.

This legislation strengthens the Pell Grant program, invests in community colleges, extends support for Historically Black Colleges and other Minority Serving Institutions, and helps student borrowers manage their student loan debt by capping repayments at 10% of their discretionary income. These efforts will be fully paid for by ending the government subsidies currently given to banks and other financial institutions that make guaranteed federal student loans and free up nearly $68 billion for college affordability and deficit reduction over the next 11 years.

“For a long time, our student loan system has worked for banks and financial institutions,” President Obama said. “Today, we’re finally making our student loan system work for students and all of our families.”

“This legislation is a win for students and parents struggling to make ends meet to fulfill the dream of a college education,” Education Secretary Arne Duncan said. “By ending subsidies to banks, we can make important investments that increase affordability and access to our nation’s universities and community colleges.”

He never even lived on mainland US until he was 18 and starting college. He hasn't a clue as to what the "common man" American experience is like.

So....what.....Snooki Palin's Daddy sent her to Hawaii, to learn how to....

323.png

Does anyone else find his attempt to link with the 'common man' a bit off??

Basically, I guess he is trying to say he is the same as others and 'struggled' with things such as student loans

Obama: I only paid off my student loans eight years ago | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

But this seems a bit weird... supposedly he paid them all back just 8 years ago.. and struggled to do so... yet his salary history shows that even as far back as 2000, he was pulling in more than 240K per year... is he seriously trying to compare to a teacher making 40K trying to pay back 40K in student loans?? And if he was indeed struggling at 200+K a year, and admits it, why the fuck is he trying to increase burden on ones in the same boat my wanting to raise taxes on that very same group??

More hackery and pandering, if you ask me... and it has no basis in reality

Republicans want to double the interest rates of student loans. Santorum said "education" is for snobs. Romney spent more time at Harvard than Obama and had zero in student loans. Ryan's plan is to cut 175 billion in Pell grants.

When are you guys going to start presenting ideas instead of just attacking the black guy? Oh wait, those ARE your ideas.

Mike Lux: Right-Wing Craziness Keeps Getting Crazier

While Mitt "Etch A Sketch" Romney and other Republicans are back-pedaling as fast as they can on the student loan issue to make it sound like they don't want student loan interest rates to go up, Todd Akin and the other right wingers who control the Republican party are digging in, questioning the whole idea of whether the government should even be involved in student loans.

Please, keep speaking out, Congressman. Your country, your Party, and my Party especially all need you to keep making clear the true Republican position on student loans.:clap2:

There couldn't be a clearer distinction between Republicans and Democrats, between conservatives and progressives than on this issue. What Democrats, progressives, and incidentally the American people believe....

This story has to do with student loans so I thought i'd share it here too. I also posted this on republicans war on women, so sorry for the repeat.

Nancy Pelosi Ties 'War On Women' To Student Loan Debate

Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Thursday slammed Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) for proposing on Wednesday to keep down the costs of student loan interest rates by pulling money from what he called "one of the slush funds in the president's health care law." He was referring to the Prevention and Public Health Fund, which contains billions of dollars aimed at encouraging people to take better care of themselves, thereby saving money down the road.

Student loan rates are set to double to 6.8 percent in July. Democrats have proposed covering the estimated $6 billion cost by closing a tax loophole that lets certain wealthy people avoid paying Medicare taxes, while Republicans have settled on nixing the preventative health fund.

"Well, it may be a slush fund to him, but it's survival to women. That just goes to show you what a luxury he thinks it is to have good health. We do not agree."

Romeny wants to extend the low student-interest loans.

Dems and libs, you have a losing argument here.

This story has to do with student loans so I thought i'd share it here too. I also posted this on republicans war on women, so sorry for the repeat.

Nancy Pelosi Ties 'War On Women' To Student Loan Debate

Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Thursday slammed Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) for proposing on Wednesday to keep down the costs of student loan interest rates by pulling money from what he called "one of the slush funds in the president's health care law." He was referring to the Prevention and Public Health Fund, which contains billions of dollars aimed at encouraging people to take better care of themselves, thereby saving money down the road.

Student loan rates are set to double to 6.8 percent in July. Democrats have proposed covering the estimated $6 billion cost by closing a tax loophole that lets certain wealthy people avoid paying Medicare taxes, while Republicans have settled on nixing the preventative health fund.

"Well, it may be a slush fund to him, but it's survival to women. That just goes to show you what a luxury he thinks it is to have good health. We do not agree."

:lol:
Your Representatives have no SHAME with their fear mongering...
gawd people, when are you going to dump this old hag for something new?

I am not saying loans are not a burden... but if you want an Ivy League schooling without a scholarship, that is a decision and a consequence you personally make...

But I think it is quite disingenuous for him to state that he may have 'struggled' paying off loans when making what he and ones in his camp consider being 'rich'

so only rich people should go to ivy league schools? is that what you're saying??

there should be two educational tiers?

Did I say that?? No... What I am saying is that the choice of an expensive education is a personal one and not the concern of others... and that I fully do not believe his claims and consider what he was doing nothing more than disingenuous pandering.. when looking at reality, he was not in the same boat with the 'common folk' as he was trying to claim

Don't read any more into my statements than that, jill

He claimed he and his wife just paid off their student loans 8 years ago. If that is true, then they don't manage money too well. Considering the fact that they both earned hefty salaries, there is no excuse for taking so long to pay off student loans. I think he made it up in an effort to sound like he identified with young people. He said it and anyone has a right to challenge him on whether it's actually true.

Does anyone else find his attempt to link with the 'common man' a bit off??

Basically, I guess he is trying to say he is the same as others and 'struggled' with things such as student loans

Obama: I only paid off my student loans eight years ago | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

But this seems a bit weird... supposedly he paid them all back just 8 years ago.. and struggled to do so... yet his salary history shows that even as far back as 2000, he was pulling in more than 240K per year... is he seriously trying to compare to a teacher making 40K trying to pay back 40K in student loans?? And if he was indeed struggling at 200+K a year, and admits it, why the fuck is he trying to increase burden on ones in the same boat my wanting to raise taxes on that very same group??

More hackery and pandering, if you ask me... and it has no basis in reality

Republicans want to double the interest rates of student loans. Santorum said "education" is for snobs. Romney spent more time at Harvard than Obama and had zero in student loans. Ryan's plan is to cut 175 billion in Pell grants.

When are you guys going to start presenting ideas instead of just attacking the black guy? Oh wait, those ARE your ideas.

Why is where Romney went to school or how the Romneys spend their own money that they earned fair and square of greater concern than how the government spends our money and obligates us for trillions more?

Far too many have been given access to the treasury. It's time the doors to the safe were closed.

so only rich people should go to ivy league schools? is that what you're saying??

there should be two educational tiers?

Did I say that?? No... What I am saying is that the choice of an expensive education is a personal one and not the concern of others... and that I fully do not believe his claims and consider what he was doing nothing more than disingenuous pandering.. when looking at reality, he was not in the same boat with the 'common folk' as he was trying to claim

He claimed he and his wife just paid off their student loans 8 years ago. If that is true, then they don't manage money too well. Considering the fact that they both earned hefty salaries, there is no excuse for taking so long to pay off student loans. I think he made it up in an effort to sound like he identified with young people. He said it and anyone has a right to challenge him on whether it's actually true.

And it is clear you have never managed a budget with huge student loans. That's OK. Just don't show it here is my advice.

And it is clear you have never managed a budget with huge student loans. That's OK. Just don't show it here is my advice.

Obama could have done better had he aquired a REAL job to help pay for it sooner...but working in the private sector to him was "Being behind enemy lines..."<His words

Obama could have done better had he aquired a REAL job to help pay for it sooner...but working in the private sector to him was "Being behind enemy lines..."<His words

Being a lawyer and a professor are not "real jobs"

That's why Republicans vote for Joe the Plummer

Being a lawyer and a professor are not "real jobs"

That's why Republicans vote for Joe the Plummer

NOT what I was saying but in affect/effect? *YES*

Coward's way out.

They lose touch with the real world.

Obama excels in it.

We knew everything there was to know about George Bush including his membership in alleged "sinister" fraternities. The left even invented stuff about him just in time for the election. We still don't even know where the current president was born and his entire education records are sealed. What does he have to hide? Plenty I expect.

We knew everything there was to know about George Bush including his membership in alleged "sinister" fraternities. The left even invented stuff about him just in time for the election. We still don't even know where the current president was born and his entire education records are sealed. What does he have to hide? Plenty I expect.

Bush hid everything about his "drinking years" as well as the details of his curious time in the Air National Guard. The details of Laura Bush killing her boyfriend were never explored either

What Bush hid makes Obamas college grades seem petty

Forum List

Back