Obama administration confirms double-digit Obamacare premium hikes

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
San Diego, CA

Of course, the leftists will greet you with a big smile and assure you that many people will get subsidies, so the amounts they pay are actually much less.

What they don't tell you is, for every person who gets these subsidies, there's another person who not only pays the full (and sharply increased) prices... but he also has to pay for part of yours on top of it!

Count on the media not to mention this, if they mention the increasing prices at all. They don't dare mention anything that makes their fellow liberals look bad. And that's a LOT of things these days.

--------------------------------------------------

Obama administration confirms double-digit premium hikes

Obama administration confirms double-digit premium hikes

October 25, 2016

The Obama administration is confirming that premiums will go up sharply next year for health insurance sold to millions of consumers through HealthCare.gov.
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Premiums will go up sharply next year under President Barack Obama's health care law, and many consumers will be down to just one insurer, the administration confirmed Monday. That's sure to stoke another "Obamacare" controversy days before a presidential election.

Before taxpayer-provided subsidies, premiums for a midlevel benchmark plan will increase an average of 25 percent across the 39 states served by the federally run online market, according to a report from the Department of Health and Human Services. Some states will see much bigger jumps, others less.

Moreover, about 1 in 5 consumers will only have plans from a single insurer to pick from, after major national carriers such as UnitedHealth Group, Humana and Aetna scaled back their roles.

"Consumers will be faced this year with not only big premium increases but also with a declining number of insurers participating, and that will lead to a tumultuous open enrollment period," said Larry Levitt, who tracks the health care law for the nonpartisan Kaiser Family Foundation.

Gee whiz, I never saw that coming. Who would have ever guessed that government taking over a previously private enterprise would make it more expensive and less effective? That's a new one on me.

Gee whiz, I never saw that coming. Who would have ever guessed that government taking over a previously private enterprise would make it more expensive and less effective? That's a new one on me.
Liberals would never guess it.

And each time the govt tries it again, they are just as surprised it fails, as they were the last time.

When the ACA was originally passed EVERYONE said it needed tweaking, and that said tweaking would take a few years.

We didn't expect the lazy, more-vacation-than-workdays, Congressional republicans to block everything that didn't please their corporate masters. That slowed American progress down.

I think Lil'Acorn hates America.

since people didn't have insurance or an insurance premium the price quad drupled..

key phrase ..

Before taxpayer-provided subsidies, premiums for a midlevel benchmark plan will increase an average of 25 percent

before subsidies RW's are whiners, after subsidies they're dumbasses ..

When the ACA was originally passed EVERYONE said it needed tweaking, and that said tweaking would take a few years.

Can you provide one shred of evidence to support that ridiculous claim?

Barry Hussaine said we can keep our doctor and get treatment early and a breathalyzer and everything in all 57 states.

does anyone think these increases would not occur without aca? they would and they will continue to issue...private insurance companies are for profit...not for patients

Looks like all the liberals can come up with in response to the news that Obamacare costs are skyrocketing, is namecalling, smears, insults, and grotesque lies.

As usual.

Forum List

Back