CDZ OAN v. Faux News

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
Fox to me is just slightly to the right of Pelosi and Mad Maxine. How do the rest of you feel about that answer?

At least with Bloomberg or CNBC the value of the viewers to advertisers restrains loony left bull. For that matter Fox business has similar constraints.

From what I've seen of OAN I'd call it an "aggregator" rather than anything that has actual reporters. Pay close attention to the "reporters" kiss-offs at the end of most stories.
some truth to that but I can stand the self promotion of reporters selling books or their subscription web sites in return for getting more facts and less opinion being treated as facts. Ledger drives me up a wall in many cases but he doesn't come across as some televised nanny.

The entity known as FOXNEWS covers both sides, right and far right.

OAN scrapes up the rabid rightwingers, Alt Righters and other seedy creatures of the self-professed conservative nature from the bottom of the barrel.

Pretty sure I have OAN on my tv but never watched it really. I like Tucker Carlson on Fox that's about it. I watch it first thing in the morning just to get a sense of what's going on by noon its usually off....

Right wing talk shows and news outlets are starting to come together. NewsMax is a new right leaning cable news and allys with Mercury (Beck). The MSM is dying.

The problem is not really the networks it's that so many today seemingly can't distinguish between actual journalist and talk show host people look at Sean Hannity on FOX, Don Lemmon on CNN and Racheal Maddow at MSNBC take them as actual reporters instead of the partisan talk show host they really are.

The problem is not really the networks it's that so many today seemingly can't distinguish between actual journalist and talk show host people look at Sean Hannity on FOX, Don Lemmon on CNN and Racheal Maddow at MSNBC take them as actual reporters instead of the partisan talk show host they really are.

The only real difference between Hannity and Don Lemmon et al, is that Hannity does not bill himself as a journalist and never has. When you watch or listen to him you know he is coming from a conservative, pro-Trump POV. I mean, listen to or watch Hannity and he doesn't pretend to be unbiased. Listen or watch Maddow and Lemmon and they purport to represent an unbiased 'We The People' view which is totally disingenuous.

The entity known as FOXNEWS covers both sides, right and far right.

OAN scrapes up the rabid rightwingers, Alt Righters and other seedy creatures of the self-professed conservative nature from the bottom of the barrel.
Yep, during the presidential debate, Donald Trump, in lieu of being asked a question relating to policy, was asked... "you said mean things about some individuals like Rosie O'Donnel and some anorexic loser....

Then the same panel didn't ask one question regarding Hillary's alcohol problem and how that may effect her judgment and handling of the nuclear football.

I cut the cable several months ago so no longer get Fox News, or OAN. However, I was leaning more towards OAN as time progressed. The Media is largely irrelevant to me now, as it is ALL agenda driven, mostly form the LEFT. It is just a vehicle for the elite string pullers to push their agenda, and further consolidate wealth and power.

I cut the cable several months ago so no longer get Fox News, or OAN. However, I was leaning more towards OAN as time progressed. The Media is largely irrelevant to me now, as it is ALL agenda driven, mostly form the LEFT. It is just a vehicle for the elite string pullers to push their agenda, and further consolidate wealth and power.

Quoted for truth. We dropped that stuff years ago, and haven't missed a thing, except ridiculously crammed billing for little real content. We now get most of the same stuff on our local digital channels, same reruns etc. It's easy enough to pick out the facts, or the lack of facts as the case may be, and decide for oneself; people who rely on spin doctors and have to force history and facts to fit some ideological rubbish are either uneducated or sociopaths.

I also find many on the right's media to be just as dishonest and crazy, not just the left, but at least some on the Right are patriots, while there are literally none on the left, at least no Democrats are.

Pretty sure I have OAN on my tv but never watched it really. I like Tucker Carlson on Fox that's about it. I watch it first thing in the morning just to get a sense of what's going on by noon its usually off....

I liked Carlson, too, when he was o McLaughlin Group; never seen his Fox show. I'm pissed that Ingraham gave up her radio show to go to cable TV, though; I'm not ever going to pay for TV again, so she might as well have died.

Forum List

Back