O.J. Speculates on How Killings Might Have Happened

Check out the link at [ame=http://amazon.com/gp/product/0061238287/sr=53-1/qid=1163655629/ref=tr_319241/102-9232187-9103328]amazon.com[/ame]

Look at the text, specifically the coloring of the text. "IF I DID IT"

I don't think they can charge him again even if he does admit to doing it because he was already found not guilty.

If those lawyers had done their job instead of posing for the cameras he'd be in jail right now.

Simpson has not paid the $33.5 million judgment against him in the civil case. His NFL pension and his Florida home cannot legally be seized. He and the families of the victims have wrangled over the money in court for years.

The victims' families could go after the proceeds from the book's sales to pay off the judgment. But one legal analyst said that there are ways to get around that requirement - such as having proceeds not go directly to Simpson.
"Clever lawyering can get you a long way," said Laurie Levenson, a Loyola University law-school professor and former federal prosecutor who has followed the case closely.

Levenson said that the criminal-justice system's protection against double jeopardy means that Simpson's book, explosive as it may be, should not expose him to any new legal danger. She added that Simpson could create an extra layer of insulation from any legal worries by presenting the story hypothetically.
http://www.journalnow.com/servlet/S...SJ_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1149191716516

Wasn't there a movie called "Double Jeopardy", where a man faked his own death and framed his wife for it? She got off, found him and killed him in front of witnesses, and could not be tried.

Wasn't there a movie called "Double Jeopardy", where a man faked his own death and framed his wife for it? She got off, found him and killed him in front of witnesses, and could not be tried.

Wow intersting. I'd have to admit if I were in his shoes less the glove I'd have to do the samething.
About Double Jeopardy would that give a new meaning to pay back!

Actually, she just threatened to, and he gave up. It's also a false premise, as the two seperate dates and methods would be two seperate crimes. The legal system does not have such a loophole that a person falsely accused of murder could get away with actually doing it later just because of double jeopardy.

It doesnt matter, Double Jeopardy would be in play. He could confess on national television to killing them and he couldnt be put in jail for it.
It would never happen, as he'd lose his ability to claim that he's a victim of white society. Even Al Sharpton/ Jesse Jackson wouldn't be able to make up a reason to support him. He's a killer, he's not stupid.

Actually, she just threatened to, and he gave up. It's also a false premise, as the two seperate dates and methods would be two seperate crimes. The legal system does not have such a loophole that a person falsely accused of murder could get away with actually doing it later just because of double jeopardy.
Damn! It would have been a nice plot. Maybe I'll write a novel anyway...

Silly.. Everyone knows double jeopardy is the second round where the questions are harder. "I'll get you Trebek"

Forum List

Back