NY teacher Aptitude test screens out minorities

It's almost like blacks and Hispanics have been deprived of public education for generations ... weird? but who would do such a thing?
No such people in my nuclear or extended families have ever been deprived of public education.

What are you talking about, precisely?
thats because your spoiled, over-priveledged ,sheltered, white supremacist who lives in a gated community where they immediately call the police if they even see a black or hispanic person.

you probably would be to scared to even set foot in an inner city school

What an I'll-considered, illogical thing to say.

It's almost like blacks and Hispanics have been deprived of public education for generations ... weird? but who would do such a thing?
No such people in my nuclear or extended families have ever been deprived of public education.

thats because your spoiled, over-priveledged ,sheltered, white supremacist who lives in a gated community where they immediately call the police if they even see a black or hispanic person.

What a stunningly intelligent coherent contribution, are you up for a Pulitzer this year?

Test meant to screen teachers instead weeded out minorities

" New York education officials are poised to scrap a test designed to measure the reading and writing skills of people trying to become teachers, in part because an outsized percentage of black and Hispanic candidates were failing it."

tests be raciss n sheeit

This is a "Shitspeeders/Squeezefairy" cherry picked, troll thread. Did you even read the link that you posted?

The last paragraph stated in the article that a Mahattan based director of education took the pre test and did not do well. Stating that he feels the test is flawed.

You are as dumb as a stone.

You said "deprived of public education". I was just asking you to back up your words.

Instead you immediately devolved into personal insults and name-calling.

That's okay. I get that from both ends of the spectrum pretty regularly here. It proves my points about them.
I doubt your that stupid, so Im assuming your pretending to be stupid, like most republicans do whenever racism or any kind of discrimination is brought up.
I'll try to remember not to ask you to back up your own words any more.

Waste of bandwidth. Looks like you're just here to troll.
its one of the major forms of racial discrimination in the USA, a hispanic child is more likely to get a better education in Cuba than in the US, if you dont know this problem exists than you have alot of reading to do

https://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/data-mine/2015/01/28/us-education-still-separate-and-unequal

here's just one article you could try using google as well, have you ever heard of it?
Ah, we're making headway! So now you're saying that the education isn't as good, not that they are "deprived" of it. I don't know how I'm supposed to communicate with people who refuse to be intellectually honest. Perhaps you can provide some kind of signal or marker when you're being serious.

I agree completely that education is terribly uneven in this country, and the way it is funded is a part of the problem that could be addressed relatively easily if our "leaders" actually wanted to. At the same time, parental engagement is key, regardless of someone's skin color.

My oldest daughter teaches at a charter school, with primarily minority kids, mostly Hispanic. The kids there consistently score at or near the top in state testing, and a big part of the reason is that school requires significant engagement from parents.

This is as much a cultural issue as it is a funding issue.
It has nothing to do with if "leaders actually wanted to." When you have one major US political party actively cutting funding for black and hispanic schools because the entire republican party is a white supremacist group. How much funding will Trump cut? I hear Betsy Devos wants to cut public schools entirely a long time goal of the KKK

What are "black and Hispanic schools"?

What a stunningly intelligent coherent contribution, are you up for a Pulitzer this year?

You admit you were talking out your ass?

" New York education officials are poised to scrap a test designed to measure the reading and writing skills of people trying to become teachers, in part because an outsized percentage of black and Hispanic candidates were failing it."

tests be raciss n sheeit

This is a "Shitspeeders/Squeezefairy" cherry picked, troll thread. Did you even read the link that you posted?

The last paragraph stated in the article that a Mahattan based director of education took the pre test and did not do well. Stating that he feels the test is flawed.

lol,

I passed the test easily, but then I'm not an affirmative action reject such as yourself that in no way could pass an aptitude test that is not dumbed down

tests be raciss n sheeit

lol,

I passed the test easily, but then I'm not an affirmative action reject such as yourself that in no way could pass an aptitude test that is not dumbed down

You cannot even construct and properly punctuate an intelligent and complete sentence.

I doubt that you even took the test.

The negroes need accommodation on these exams. For example, if the exam question is "Tommy has $10.00, then buys a cup of lemonade from Tammy's lemonade stand for $2.00, how much money does Tommy have left?", then for the negroes the test needs to ask:

"If Deon gots 10 dolla an he hits him a pipe off LaSqueesha fo 5 dolla, din how much dat nigga got left?"

The answer to the Caucasian question is that Tommy has $8.00 left after purchasing the lemonade.

The answer to the negro question is negative $200.00 ($10.00 minus $5.00 for a hit off a crack pipe, minus $5.00 spent on losing lottery tickets, minus the $200.00 he owes the finance company, from which he took out a loan in order to catch up his back child support so he would not have to go back to jail).

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

The negroes need accommodation on these exams. For example, if the exam question is "Tommy has $10.00, then buys a cup of lemonade from Tammy's lemonade stand for $2.00, how much money does Tommy have left?", then for the negroes the test needs to ask:

"If Deon gots 10 dolla an he hits him a pipe off LaSqueesha fo 5 dolla, din how much dat nigga got left?"

The answer to the Caucasian question is that Tommy has $8.00 left after purchasing the lemonade.

The answer to the negro question is negative $200.00 ($10.00 minus $5.00 for a hit off a crack pipe, minus $5.00 spent on losing lottery tickets, minus the $200.00 he owes the finance company, from which he took out a loan in order to catch up his back child support so he would not have to go back to jail).

Stupid troll post.

tests be raciss n sheeit

lol,

When did you take the test? Did you get your hands on one and take it for kicks, or did you take it as an educator?

Stupid troll post.
The number of openly vitriolic racist here seem to be growing exponentially.

I have a feeling that many of them are sock accounts - I do not see the point of coming here and spouting off such nonsense.

Stupid troll post.
It was pretty funny though.

Stupid troll post.

I have a feeling that many of them are sock accounts - I do not see the point of coming here and spouting off such nonsense.
Not having a sense of humor is indicative of low intelligence.

Stupid troll post.

Not having a sense of humor is indicative of low intelligence.

Confusing a sense of humor with poor taste is even worse.

Perhaps you didn't understand my post, before you launched into the standard strategy of deflection, intellectual dishonesty, nastiness and personal insults.

I'm half Hispanic. I'm married into a mixed race family. Our Christmastime family photos look like one of those Celebrate Diversity! posters you hang your kitchen wall to "feel" good about yourself: Hispanic/Latino, Japanese, Nigerian, not a full cracker among us.

Now, let's see if you can calm down and try again. Please answer my question.
you want me to explain how blacks and hispanics are deprived of education? I have trouble believing an adult could be this stupid, do you need me to personally explain what slavery was as well?

So your pretending to be mixed race, while simultaneously pretending to be ignorant of racism, are you pretending your not a republican as well?
You said "deprived of public education". I was just asking you to back up your words.

Instead you immediately devolved into personal insults and name-calling.

That's okay. I get that from both ends of the spectrum pretty regularly here. It proves my points about them.
I doubt your that stupid, so Im assuming your pretending to be stupid, like most republicans do whenever racism or any kind of discrimination is brought up.
That's "you're," not "your," dumbass.

Sent from my SM-G930U using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

You just can't help putting your foot in your mouth, can you?

Black kids are educated much better in say, Broward county, FL than in Detroit.

Some of it can be attributed to the school board and standards for teachers, yes indeed.

Forum List

Back