NY starts $5 million affirmative action program for TV industry

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
More brazen female privilege and black privilege. More in-your-face persecution of white males. More special treatment for people who can't make it on ability.

New York Allocates $5 Million to Promote Women and Minority TV Writers and Directors

june 22 2017 The New York state legislature has passed a new law allocating up to $5 million in tax credits meant to encourage operators of a qualified film production company to hire women and people of color as TV writers and directors.
Senate Bill S4999D passed 38 to 24 on Wednesday and adds an additional $5 million in tax incentives on top of New York’s existing budget allotment of $420 million in TV and film tax credits.

“People in the TV industry have understood for years that enhancing the diversity of writing and directing improves the stories that appear onscreen,” Writers Guild of America, East executive director Lowell Peterson said, according to Deadline. “The missing link for policymakers has been putting money at the point of hire, and this legislation is an important step in that direction.”

• Banned
Amendment 14 says

No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

At least you named women first which is the biggest beneficiary or AA. Specifically white women but being a Grand Wizard I understand how you didn't want to single them out.

• Banned
At least you named women first which is the biggest beneficiary or AA. Specifically white women but being a Grand Wizard I understand how you didn't want to single them out.

I don't know if white women get more AA than blacks but they get a lot and it must stop. What is the reason for giving special treatment to women or hispanics anyway.? Blacks can say " we were enslaved for hundreds of years", but all these other groups can't say that.

Forum List

Back