Now { Today } there's a desperate move to push for
Take out.Meaning no need to come in to a store.About as
uncivilized as how the Beverly Hillbilly's acted when striking
it rich and moving to Beverly Hills.They dressed and remained
proud,obstinate Hillbilly's.Now eben Liquor stores are offering
home deliveries.I guess that happened in the 60's but not in my
neck of the woods.As seen in:
- What Ever Happened to Baby Jane - { 1962 }
However not in - Barfly - {1987 } 25 years later.
Everyone seems OK and content with ordering Groceries
or whatnot by cellphone.
I guess before long one can order a Haircut over the
cellphone.Call in their Vote this November.
Protest while in their Living room or Kitchen.
Brush their teeth over the cellphone.
Take a nap and Dream over the cellphone.
Artificial Intelligence ... anyone.
Coming to a neighborhhod near you.A Close Encounter.

No finer Elephant movie than ...
- Water for Elephants - { 2011 }, starring Reese Witherspoon.
It begs to be watched again and again.
I watch every year.
Then there's the Bill Murray elephant comedy :
- Larger Than Life - { 1996 } with inarguably The most
crazed performance by skinny Trucker Tip Tucker played
relishly by Mathew McConaughey.
BTW as an avowed Film buff I am issuing a warning.
Better get older DVD's NOW.If and when available.
Because in the last couple years there has been a trend
to stop issuing or reissuing older Films on DVD.Probably in a move
to help out streaming services and Netflix.
OJ Elephant:

The real issue is the gender of the elephants.
I think Joe American has had just about enough of all this
Gender Pronoun sap.Like it cuter and sweeter than
Gumby downing glass after glass of special batch bourbon
as if in some drinking contest with John Barrymore in his heyday.

NY Supreme Court of who?
Relax. NY names it’s courts funny. The lowest trial level court with felony jurisdiction is the “Supreme Court.” NY State’s highest Court is called “the Court of Appeals.”

The labeling in this thread heading was wrong but the gist is correct. NY State’s highest court did issue the decision. And it did rule that an elephant is not a human with any legal standing in the courts. Happy wasn’t too happy.

Relax. NY names it’s courts funny. The lowest trial level court with felony jurisdiction is the “Supreme Court.” NY State’s highest Court is called “the Court of Appeals.”

The labeling in this thread heading was wrong but the gist is correct. NY States highest court did issue the decision. And it did rule that an elephant is not a human with any legal standing in the courts. Happy wasn’t too happy.
No shit sherlock.

No shit sherlock.
Well, stupid, some whiners seemed unduly alarmed by a mere mistake. So, a little clarification, for anyone not conversant in the NY nomenclature for its court system, seemed necessary.

You may stop crying now. I’ll get you a tissue if you need one. In your case, it will probably be a used tissue. (You’re not special enough for a fresh tissue.)

Well, stupid, some whiners seemed unduly alarmed by a mere mistake. So, a little clarification, for anyone not conversant in the NY nomenclature for its court system, seemed necessary.

You may stop crying now. I’ll get you a tissue if you need one. In your case, it will probably be a used tissue. (You’re not special enough for a fresh tissue.)
Don't you get a hint? STFU.

Don't you get a hint? STFU.
Here’s a hint for you. No. This whole free speech thing just goads the snot out of some people. Oh well. Maybe learn to embrace it.

Meanwhile, and notwithstanding your violation of the Zone 1 strictures, the thread topic remains Happy the elephant. Fun fact:

It turns out that NY State doesn’t seem to imagine that elephants are humans for purposes of giving them standing to be heard in court. Habeas Corpus remains available for humans however.

Bravo to NY’s high court.

Here’s a hint for you. No. This whole free speech thing just goads the snot out of some people. Oh well. Maybe learn to embrace it.

Meanwhile, and notwithstanding your violation of the Zone 1 strictures, the thread topic remains Happy the elephant. Fun fact:

It turns out that NY State doesn’t seem to imagine that elephants are humans for purposes of giving them standing to be heard in court. Habeas Corpus remains available for humans however.

Bravo to NY’s high court.
Stoners?

"Whether an elephant (or other animal) is a ‘person’ is not relevant to determining whether the writ of habeas corpus can be used to challenge a confinement".
-Judge Rowan Wilson
Well, yeah, it kind of f**king is.
Oh wait, he grew up in Berkeley, CA.
Now it makes more sense.
All Is All in Your Mind, That's All

The British philosopher Berkeley was named after didn't make much sense either.

Forum List

Back