NY man charged in gas hoarding case

It is illegal to put gas in any container not ceritifed for Gasoline.
Home depot buckets are not certified for gas.

Charged with hoarding or improper handling of gasoline?

Hmm from you own link:

Both men were issued a misdemeanor summons for violation of regulation concerning flammable or combustible liquids.

Wow this guys is out there providing his own emergency relief for the community that the government cannot provide, and you are getting on him about the type of container he put the gas in. You really think those little red dinky containers are that much safer than the home depot buckets??? They are actually more unsafe with the open end spouts that spew gasoline all over your car every turn. I've never seen someone show so much support over ridiculous bureaucracy.

NY Man Charged in Gas Hoarding Case | NBC Connecticut

article said:
Police arrested a 47-year-old New York man accused of filling up 30 five-gallon Home Depot buckets with gasoline on Saturday night.

According to investigators, Yunus Latif, of Richmond Hill, collected money from his neighbors, bought gas at a Valero station almost 80 miles away in Orange and planned to bring it back to his neighborhood, where they had no power and gas.

Land of the free LOL

and?

Hmm from you own link:

Both men were issued a misdemeanor summons for violation of regulation concerning flammable or combustible liquids.

In a time of crisis they should be able to put gasoline in a Sprite bottle if it means being able move your car and family to saftey

Fuck the law in those circumstances.

Okay let's ban all cars since some people kill people with them. Same with pencils, I COULD STAB SOMEONE

I appreciate your reinforcment of Del's opinion of your being stupid.

If not wanting the government to control every aspect of my life is stupid I'll take the label and smile.

there is a problem in the city right now with people getting gas. it's really difficult and the lines are bad and people are running out of gas on gas lines.

i'm afraid that right now i don't have huge patience for whiny brats who don't want to abide by rules.

Transporting gas in a bucket?

He should be arrested for stupidity

It's doable in a pinch. I picked up a trucker carrying two 5 gals. and gave him a ride to the gas station. The trick is driving slllooooooowly.

Yes, very doable. I had to put some gasoline in my Thermos one time I got stranded on the highway. and had to make two long walking trips to get enough to move the fucking needle. I'll never forget that LONG AGONIZING WALK either...damn near 6 miles each way..with gasoline...in a thermos...lol....oh the fun that was. NOT

Hmm from you own link:

Wow this guys is out there providing his own emergency relief for the community that the government cannot provide, and you are getting on him about the type of container he put the gas in. You really think those little red dinky containers are that much safer than the home depot buckets??? They are actually more unsafe with the open end spouts that spew gasoline all over your car every turn. I've never seen someone show so much support over ridiculous bureaucracy.

*yawn*

If this guy was putting gas in open buckets(no lid) and driving eighty miles with them he is a complete moron.
If I could be assured that he would only pull a Buddhist monk on himself I wouldnt give two shits.
But he is going to endanger himself as well as others and he should have been stopped.

Why does the Cheech and Chong movie keep popping into my head. LOL
Hey man do you should light that in here? WHOOOOSH !!!!!!!

Hmm from you own link:

*yawn*

Normal people have been reduced to eating out of dumpsters in NY, pretty sure that goes against FDA and CDC regulations, as well as waste violations "stealing" from dumpsters...and this is the guy you want to go after for breaking the rules? NY NJ are in a state of emergency, they have no gas, no electricity, can barely make it around the city, and a guy who tried to bring enough gas back for his friends and family. I dont think people realize how bad things are in Jersey and parts of NY. My g/f was training at a new resturaunt opening up in jersey, they let her leave before the hurricane, and she is supposed to go back... but they still don't have power, a week later. This is 28 mi off the coast.

I also heard another story about a chinese resturaunt that managed to put together a buffe in NY in Brooklyn I think, and an inspector came in to shut him down. He was pretty much running a soup kitchen in this time of emergency and they shut him down. It's ridiculous

Transporting gas in a bucket?

He should be arrested for stupidity

It's doable in a pinch. I picked up a trucker carrying two 5 gals. and gave him a ride to the gas station. The trick is driving slllooooooowly.

Yes, very doable. I had to put some gasoline in my Thermos one time I got stranded on the highway. and had to make two long walking trips to get enough to move the fucking needle. I'll never forget that LONG AGONIZING WALK either...damn near 6 miles each way..with gasoline...in a thermos...lol....oh the fun that was. NOT

tissue?

*yawn*

Normal people have been reduced to eating out of dumpsters in NY, pretty sure that goes against FDA and CDC regulations, as well as waste violations "stealing" from dumpsters...and this is the guy you want to go after for breaking the rules? NY NJ are in a state of emergency, they have no gas, no electricity, can barely make it around the city, and a guy who tried to bring enough gas back for his friends and family. I dont think people realize how bad things are in Jersey and parts of NY. My g/f was training at a new resturaunt opening up in jersey, they let her leave before the hurricane, and she is supposed to go back... but they still don't have power, a week later. This is 28 mi off the coast.

I also heard another story about a chinese resturaunt that managed to put together a buffe in NY in Brooklyn I think, and an inspector came in to shut him down. He was pretty much running a soup kitchen in this time of emergency and they shut him down. It's ridiculous

i'm sure you've heard lots of stories.

that's nice.

I know if I was in their situtaion, FUCK whoever got a problem with me toting gas in buckets...It's not your family that's cold and hungry at the start of winter 2012 with a big ass hole in your roof from Sandy. Fuck you. it's all about MY FAMILY NOW.

^This is how people really feel. and I have no qualms against that SMART MAN.

tissue?

for what? to wipe ass with?

I know if I was in their situtaion, FUCK whoever got a problem with me toting gas in buckets...It's not your family that's cold and hungry at the start of winter 2012 with a big ass hole in your roof from Sandy. Fuck you. it's all about MY FAMILY NOW.

^This is how people really feel. and I have no qualms against that SMART MAN.

blah, blah, blady-blah, blah

Forum List

Back