NY Fed Spends 53 Billion To Rescue Overnight Lending Market

Market Watch is reporting a $75 BILLION repurchase for one calendar (over night) day.

Fed carries out repo operation for second straight day

What does this tell US?

It tells US that in a nation that completely fails to question its' clueless leadership at the highest level, when we do finally fall flat on our collective financial ass, we will get what we voted for & what we deserve.

Enjoy the ride because it's gonna be a bitch; you won't even have to pay to get on a roller coaster.

"It was the NY Fed's first such rescue operation in a decade, the last occurring in late 2008."

"It's unprecedented, at least in the post-crisis era," said Mark Cabana,

"The rate on overnight repurchase agreements hit 5% on Monday, according to Refinitiv data. That's up from 2.29% late last week and well above the target range set in July by the Federal Reserve, which is 2% to 2.25%. The surge continued Tuesday, with the overnight rate hitting a high of 10% before the NY Fed stepped in."

I haven't found it yet but do you know what the highest was that the overnight repurchase rate hit during the 2008 financial crisis?

Market Watch is reporting a $75 BILLION repurchase for one calendar (over night) day.

What does this tell US?

It tells US that in a nation that completely fails to question its' clueless leadership at the highest level, when we do finally fall flat on our collective financial ass, we will get what we voted for & what we deserve.

Enjoy the ride because it's gonna be a bitch; you won't even have to pay to get on a roller coaster.

I keep wondering why we put ourselves through this over and over again.

Conservative economics destroy our economy.

Then a democratic president comes behind and cleans up the mess. It's cleaned up and another conservative is elected to destroy it all. Again.

I wish we could stop this rollercoaster.

It wasn't my word.

I would have used the word "wastes." Since nothing is going to be done to reverse the causes of the situation, it's going to keep happening until the economy crashes.

Again.

All of it is very unnecessary.

Conservative economics is the most irresponsible economic system.

It wasn't my word.

I would have used the word "wastes." Since nothing is going to be done to reverse the causes of the situation, it's going to keep happening until the economy crashes.

Again.

All of it is very unnecessary.

Conservative economics is the most irresponsible economic system.

It wasn't my word.

I didn't say it was your word, I said it was a poor choice.

I would have used the word "wastes."

Wastes is an even worse choice.

Since nothing is going to be done to reverse the causes of the situation

It's a temporary liquidity issue. What should be done to "reverse" it?

What does this tell US?

Then a democratic president comes behind and cleans up the mess. It's cleaned up and another conservative is elected to destroy it all. Again.

Won't ever happen; why?

The rich & the wealthy will NEVER have enuff. Their greed is insatiable.

When we have policies put in place by politicians that benefit the rich & the wealthy the result is wealth is funneled up from the bottom (the poor, the working class, etc,) to the top (the rich & the wealthy).

Call it 'trickle down' or 'supply side' or whatever; it always fails, and they always pull that same rabbit outta their hat, voters some how fall for it (again), and the cycle starts all over.

Trump is the latest incarnation of this phenomena; I call it 'The American Economic Vampire Syndrome.'

The rich & the wealthy suck the financial life out of the nation by bringing wealth from those at the bottom that need it the most, to those at the top that need it the least, then things collapse.

It's a great Ponzi scheme for the GOP donor class but that is only 0.001% of America.

And folks wonder why income inequality is beating this nation into a pulp.

What does this tell US?

Won't ever happen; why?

When we have policies put in place by politicians that benefit the rich & the wealthy the result is wealth is funneled up from the bottom (the poor, the working class, etc,) to the top (the rich & the wealthy).

Call it 'trickle down' or 'supply side' or whatever; it always fails, and they always pull that same rabbit outta their hat, voters some how fall for it (again), and the cycle starts all over.

Trump is the latest incarnation of this phenomena; I call it 'The American Economic Vampire Syndrome.'

The rich & the wealthy suck the financial life out of the nation by bringing wealth from those at the bottom that need it the most, to those at the top that need it the least, then things collapse.

It's a great Ponzi scheme for the GOP donor class but that is only 0.001% of America.

The good news is that people woke up to it a while ago.

The bad news is that the republicans know they can't win an honest election so they use every trick in the book to prevent people from voting. They even conspire with russia to win elections now.

I wish people would wake up to what has been happening to our nation since the 1980s.

What does this tell US?

Won't ever happen; why?

The bad news is that the republicans know they can't win an honest election so they use every trick in the book to prevent people from voting. They even conspire with russia to win elections now.

I wish people would wake up to what has been happening to our nation since the 1980s.

They even conspire with russia to win elections now.

Facebook memes are the worst!!!

What does this tell US?

Won't ever happen; why?

It seems that folks that continue to vote for these GOP criminals
that put policy in place to benefit the rich & wealthy are just too stupid to figure it out.

I always said Americans are stupid & we see the evidence all the time.

What does this tell US?

It's fucking Federal Reserve fault, not POTUS. All the more reason to abolish the fed

What does this tell US?

Overspending by $1,000,000,000,000,000,000 to fund unlimited healthcare, welfare and education for 22 million illegals is Conservative?

Really?

What does this tell US?

It's fucking Federal Reserve fault, not POTUS. All the more reason to abolish the fed

FYI little boi; Trump has been utilizing his overbearing influence upon the FED to reduce rates, in case you haven't noticed.

Now, go sit back down in your wittle corner.

Central bankers like Mark Carney have recently given speeches during which they admitted they need a "game changer" in order to preserve the current economic system when the next inevitable crash occurs.

What "game changer" is Carney proposing?

Central Bankers' Desperate Grab for Power

"The tendency to overreach was also evident in Carney’s Jackson Hole speech when he said, 'we need to change the game.'

"The game-changer he proposed was to break the power of the U.S. dollar as global reserve currency.

"This would be done through the issuance of an international digital currency backed by multiple national currencies, on the model of Facebook’s 'Libra.'"

What does this tell US?

FYI little boi; Trump has been utilizing his overbearing influence upon the FED to reduce rates, in case you haven't noticed.

Odd that Fed rates are HIGHER now then when BoiKing Obama was POTUS

Are you sure you want to continue?

What does this tell US?

and there is a reason why the rates were lower then, and why the rates are higher now.

Are you really that stupid?

You (also) really wanna make this an Obama thread, when Obama hasn't been POTUS for 32 months?

OK; I guess you are really that stupid.

What does this tell US?

and there is a reason why the rates were lower then, and why the rates are higher now.

Are you really that stupid?

You (also) really wanna make this an Obama thread, when Obama hasn't been POTUS for 32 months?

OK; I guess you are really that stupid.
united-states-interest-rate.png

D'oh!

It's the NY Fed rather than the Fed. Nobody seems to know what the deal is but of course it's always a glass half empty with the left. Is it possible that the NY Mayor (who is a democrat candidate) is fooling around with the system to try to give the impression that something is wrong? I wouldn't put it past the desperate (political coup) democrats to try to pull off a dirty trick like this.

Forum List

Back