NRA Publishes Enemies List With 506 Names

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
NRA Publishes Enemies List With 506 Names | ThinkProgress

Late last year, the National Rifle Association’s lobbying arm published a Nixonian enemies list naming organizations and individuals that “lent monetary, grassroots or some other type of direct support to anti-gun organizations” or have otherwise backed efforts to promote gun safety. The list totals 506 names, including major medical associations, law enforcement organizations, former presidents and a long list of celebrities. Here are five examples of the kinds of groups the NRA views as its enemies:
<see link for a list>
>
The Gun Lobby's Jewish Enemies List

The National Rifle Association compiled a list of its enemies and it reads like a Jewish who’s who list. The list, prepared by the NRA’s Institute for Legislative Action includes 506 individuals, organizations, media outlets and corporations that “have lent monetary, grassroots or some other type of direct support to anti-gun organizations.”

The groups listed by the NRA as enemies of the gun-rights cause could easily populate a Conference of Presidents meeting room. They include major Jewish national organizations, including the Anti Defamation League, American Jewish Committee, B’nai B’rith, and the Jewish Labor Committee; two major Jewish women organizations: Hadassah and National Council of Jewish Women; and the Central Conference of American Rabbis, which is the Reform movement’s rabbinical arm.
<more>

I'll give the same comment I gave the last time this was posted. Thanks for the list, now I know who to boycott.

It's surprising how many Jewish organizations are on the enemies list. Who knew the NRA was so anti-semiitic?

I saw that list before the NRA deleted it. Even Sylvester "Rambo" Stallone was on the list. I believe the 2nd version has also been scrubbed.

NRA scrubs 'anti-gun' enemy list from website, but a version still exists - MSNBC

I noticed the Police Foundation is on that "enemies list" also. The national foundation for professional policing and making policing safer.

Not shocking. The right has secretly hated cops for decades up until around 2010....when they just came out with it.

Wouldn't have been more informative to link up to this supposed list? Or was it a tad different?

NRA Publishes Enemies List With 506 Names | ThinkProgress

Late last year, the National Rifle Association&#8217;s lobbying arm published a Nixonian enemies list naming organizations and individuals that &#8220;lent monetary, grassroots or some other type of direct support to anti-gun organizations&#8221; or have otherwise backed efforts to promote gun safety. The list totals 506 names, including major medical associations, law enforcement organizations, former presidents and a long list of celebrities. Here are five examples of the kinds of groups the NRA views as its enemies:
<see link for a list>
>
The Gun Lobby's Jewish Enemies List

The National Rifle Association compiled a list of its enemies and it reads like a Jewish who&#8217;s who list. The list, prepared by the NRA&#8217;s Institute for Legislative Action includes 506 individuals, organizations, media outlets and corporations that &#8220;have lent monetary, grassroots or some other type of direct support to anti-gun organizations.&#8221;

The groups listed by the NRA as enemies of the gun-rights cause could easily populate a Conference of Presidents meeting room. They include major Jewish national organizations, including the Anti Defamation League, American Jewish Committee, B&#8217;nai B&#8217;rith, and the Jewish Labor Committee; two major Jewish women organizations: Hadassah and National Council of Jewish Women; and the Central Conference of American Rabbis, which is the Reform movement&#8217;s rabbinical arm.
<more>

We know this post is BS because of the line I high lighted in red. The NRA is heavily involved in promoting gun safety, so they would never oppose an organization or individual that really was doing the same.

Found

WASHINGTON -- A controversial list of 494 people and organizations that the National Rifle Association considered "anti-gun," and which received significant media attention in recent weeks, has apparently been removed from the gun lobbying group's website.

The list was posted online Sept. 17, 2012, but on Monday, clicking on the page that once housed the list brought up a note reading "Page Not Found." The Internet archive "Wayback Machine" captured an image of the page as it looked in late January.

More: NRA Anti-Gun List Missing From Gun Group's Website (UPDATE) - Christina Wilkie/Huffington Post

THE LIST: NRA-ILA | National Organizations With Anti-Gun Policies

This older list only contains 494 names instead of the most recent 506 names on the scrubbed list.

Forum List

Back