NRA Pres: Civilians Should Train On Military Guns To Fight Tyranny

J.E.D

Gold Member
Jul 28, 2011
I thought the purpose of the NRA was to train citizens in the safe use of firearms; not to encourage them to prepare for civil war.

Civil War: ?War of Northern Aggression? ? NRA president | Strange Bedfellows ? Politics News - seattlepi.com

The new president of the National Rifle Association, whose father was NRA president, is an Alabama attorney who has called President Obama a “fake president,” described Attorney General Eric Holder as “rabidly un-American” and jokingly refers to the U.S. Civil War as the “War of Northern Aggression.”

“But that was the very reason that they started the National Rifle Association — it was to teach and train the civilian in the use of the standard military firearm. And I am one who still feels very strongly that that is one of our most greatest charges that we can have today, is to train the civilian in the use of the standard military firearm, so that when they have to fight for their country they’re read to do it.

“Also, when they’re ready to fight tyranny, they’re ready to do it. Also, when they’re ready to fight tyranny, they have the wherewithal and the weapons to do it.”

Jerks like these have a way of appealing to "low hanging fruit" crowd who actually believe that someday they will have to take up arms against their own Government. But for the most part the people who speak like this are the same ones who NEVER served a day in the Military.

I thought the purpose of the NRA was to train citizens in the safe use of firearms; not to encourage them to prepare for civil war.

Civil War: ?War of Northern Aggression? ? NRA president | Strange Bedfellows ? Politics News - seattlepi.com

The new president of the National Rifle Association, whose father was NRA president, is an Alabama attorney who has called President Obama a “fake president,” described Attorney General Eric Holder as “rabidly un-American” and jokingly refers to the U.S. Civil War as the “War of Northern Aggression.”

“But that was the very reason that they started the National Rifle Association — it was to teach and train the civilian in the use of the standard military firearm. And I am one who still feels very strongly that that is one of our most greatest charges that we can have today, is to train the civilian in the use of the standard military firearm, so that when they have to fight for their country they’re read to do it.

“Also, when they’re ready to fight tyranny, they’re ready to do it. Also, when they’re ready to fight tyranny, they have the wherewithal and the weapons to do it.”

The NRA is nothing less than a front group for the "Arms Dealers", a well paid moth piece and makes their money from them, not from their members as some would have you believe.

I have to wonder, exactly who has the authority to call on "citizens" to fight the government?

And what, exactly, constitutes ‘the government’?

Should one of the disgruntled 44 Percent take a gun to his local SSA office and shoot a Federal employee doing data entry?

Oh, the tyranny…
They could shoot you, if that'd make you feel better.

Porter was speaking his mind last year at the New York Rifle and Pistol Association annual dinner, calling Obama a “fake president” and charging that Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was seeking to “kill the Second Amendment in the United Nations. The UN had been considering a measure to regulate global arms trade: North Korea, Iran and Syria have dissented from the proposal.

This is one of the many reasons why the NRA has lost what little credibility it may have had: it’s become a repository for ignorant partisan hacks.

Forum List

Back