NRA Fanatics are WRONG - Vast Majority of Americans Favor Tougher Gun Control Laws

That's right -- none of you Repug lightweights can do anything but throw around weak-ass insults because you've got no facts, no intellect, and no game.

I'm RIGHT, you're WRONG. So you tea bagger retards just keep giving each other comforting hand jobs.

you lefties are so dishonest..you take ONE POLL and use it to shit on LEGAL GUN OWNERS

I hope when a Abc poll come out where the people want ABORTION BANNED it will be used..

The NRA's new no background checks position means that your friendly neighborhood gangbanger,

getting out of prison today after doing a 7 year stretch for armed robbery,

could go to the nearest gun shop and buy himself a whole new set of armaments, and be back in the armed robbery business before you could say jack robinson.

Now tell us, gun nuts,

how many normal Americans do you think support that????
They already do background Checks.

The NRA's new no background checks position means that your friendly neighborhood gangbanger,

could go to the nearest gun shop and buy himself a whole new set of armaments, and be back in the armed robbery business before you could say jack robinson.

Now tell us, gun nuts,

They do? Stop spreading the same old debunked lie and give us some "credible" proof that they already do "universal background checks".

Here's my proof that they don't - and there is much more:

Gun Show Loophole - Coalition to Stop Gun Violence

At NRA Conference, Major Gun Groups Debunk NRA Spin On Background Checks

Now tell us, gun nuts,

They do? Stop spreading the same old debunked lie and give us some "credible" proof that they already do "universal background checks".

gun shows have to abide by the laws of the state, just like gun shops.

And your point is? Not all states require background checks - other than the current federal requirements.

And your point is? Not all states require background checks - other than the current federal requirements.
that's right. so nothing illegal is being done. but it is illegal to purchase a gun in a state that doesn't require registration and bring it into a state that does.

that's right. so nothing illegal is being done. but it is illegal to purchase a gun in a state that doesn't require registration and bring it into a state that does.

Come on, dude, get a grip. There are lots of cracks in the current system. That's why the laws need to be tightened. UNIVERSAL background checks would be a great start.

Come on, dude, get a grip. There are lots of cracks in the current system. That's why the laws need to be tightened. UNIVERSAL background checks would be a great start.

why, there are already laws that prohibit movement of guns across state lines. its a federal offense. how much tighter does it need to get? what kind of crack is there in that law?

why, there are already laws that prohibit movement of guns across state lines. its a federal offense. how much tighter does it need to get? what kind of crack is there in that law?

So, now you're talking about interstate trafficking in firearms?

well yes and no. you claim people are buying guns in a state that has no law requiring a background check or registration and bringing it back to their state which does. and I said there are already multiple laws that prohibit that, including laws on the federal level.

well yes and no. you claim people are buying guns in a state that has no law requiring a background check or registration and bringing it back to their state which does. and I said there are already multiple laws that prohibit that, including laws on the federal level.

Where did I "claim" that, Sparky?

Where did I "claim" that, Sparky?

well if you are claiming now this isn't an issue, I guess we have no problems then and need to take no further action. fine by me. we don't need any additional laws.

Contrary to what the deranged NRA fanatics on this messageboard have to say, the VAST MAJORITY of Americans favor tougher gun control laws --

A 2011 New York Times/CBS News poll found that 63 percent of Americans favor a ban on high-capacity magazines; just as many supported an assault-weapons ban.

According to the poll, even a majority of gun-owning households favor a ban on assault weapons, although by a smaller margin. 54% of them favor it, and 44% oppose --

http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/Jan11_Econ.pdf

Also in 2011, a Washington Post/ABC News poll found that 83 percent supported financing a system in which people treated for mental illness would be reported to a federal gun registry database to prevent them from buying guns; 71 percent favored this for those treated for drug abuse.

http://www.langerresearch.com/uploads/1120a1 Guns and Discourse.pdf

So let me simplify this poll data for you uninformed, unsophisticated NRA simpletons -- most Americans are on MY SIDE, not yours.

All of your right-wing nutjob spinning and excuse-making isn't going to change that fact.

The only poll that counted just took place in the congress, and the next poll that counts will occur during the congressional elections in 2014.

Americans get emotional whenever a tragedy occurs like Newtown, but they come back to their senses as time passes.

I'm hearing of more and more NRA members dropping their memberships. I dropped mine several years ago. The NRA has definitely become an extremist group - so when the dust settles only the extremist members will be left.

Anheuser-Busch heir resigns life-long NRA membership - Salon.com

NRA Membership Numbers Are Not Slightly Exaggerated - They're Outright Lies

lmao. NRA membership is at its highest ever, keep dreaming. oh yea, gun ownership is also at its highest ever and growing fast

I'm hearing of more and more NRA members dropping their memberships. I dropped mine several years ago. The NRA has definitely become an extremist group - so when the dust settles only the extremist members will be left.

Anheuser-Busch heir resigns life-long NRA membership - Salon.com

NRA Membership Numbers Are Not Slightly Exaggerated - They're Outright Lies

lmao. NRA membership is at its highest ever, keep dreaming. oh yea, gun ownership is also at its highest ever and growing fast

And you have proof that "NRA membership is at its highest ever"?

Forum List

Back