NRA Board Member Ted Nugent Says Gun Owners Will Be The Next Rosa Parks

Let me get this straight....

Obama's executive order will be, If you want to sit in the front of the bus, you need to be carrying a gun. Works for me!

No, because.... see, she was courageous.

What were hoping is that we catch the next Timothy Mcveigh or James Holmes before they get a chance to act.

Why is this so hard to understand?

It's very hard to understand when you have a closed mind. As well as being selfish and lacking empathy.

I tend to believe that people are basically good, and when I'm asked to take off my shoes at the airport, I understand it's a small thing in the interest of public safety.

And we should listen to a maniac like Nugent for what reason?
This should not even make a real news show.
Enquireristic media.

By Aviva Shen

Pro-gun extremists are up in arms over rumors that Vice President Joe Biden’s task force is mulling an executive order to combat gun violence. National Rifle Association board member and musician Ted Nugent is the latest public figure to stoke hysteria, comparing gun owners to civil rights hero Rosa Parks.

In an interview with conspiracy website WorldNetDaily, Nugent falsely claimed that an executive order would confiscate guns, a popular myth in the right-wing blogosphere. He encouraged gun owners to model the 1960s civil rights movement and Rosa Parks, who became an icon after she refused to give her seat up on a segregated bus:

But there will come a time when the gun owners of America, the law-abiding gun owners of America, will be the Rosa Parks and we will sit down on the front seat of the bus, case closed.​

More: NRA Board Member Ted Nugent Says Gun Owners Will Be The Next Rosa Parks | ThinkProgress

What were hoping is that we catch the next Timothy Mcveigh or James Holmes before they get a chance to act.

So let me see. For the Tim McVeigh types you want to start a fertilizer registry? Ban fertilizer sales?

And Holmes had his whole place rigged with napalm and thermite. :lol: If he hadn't had the guns he would have found a place to blow people up.

What would you do? Put up a "napalm free zone" sign and lay in wait for him to show up?

I tend to believe that people are basically good.

Me too. However, 'basically allows for 'not always'. So, you do not get to restrict me from effectively dealing with armed criminals and/or tyrants, foreign or domestic.

It's very hard to understand when you have a closed mind. As well as being selfish and lacking empathy.

I tend to believe that people are basically good, and when I'm asked to take off my shoes at the airport, I understand it's a small thing in the interest of public safety.

yea but you dont have to drop your drawers and bend over unless they ask you too.....remember that next time you are there......

Yes, most people are good. But the indifference I see from some people regarding innocent shooting victims is very discouraging.

Rosa Parks? Holy shit...

Shit?

As in Mr. ShitHisPantToAvoidTheWar?

:D

And that alone is disgraceful enough to never be compared.to.Rosa parks. She was brave. He is shit.

Even if he is shit, the comparison is valid. Parks stood up to government tyranny and so do we. We will never surrender our arms and we will fight tooth and nail to prevent meddling regulations that only serve to give an edge to criminals and crazy motherfuckers that don't care about laws.

Don't let logic fail you. Gun control does not deter anyone intent upon doing harm. Hell, in countries that are anything but steeped in a firearms tradition, were they have a virtual ban on civilian ownership, they STILL have mass killings and violent crime problems. We have probably close to 400 million firearms in America...OF COURSE the bad guys are going to get what you attempt to ban.

And, JUST AS IMPORTANTLY, the laws put good people at a disadvantage. For example, when a good guy is restricted to a shot gun while facing a couple of thugs with high capacity magazines, obeying the law gives the bad guys a big advantage. That's crazy! Or, during a government enforced waiting period, the stalked woman is unable to defend herself against her 250lb rapist. You get the idea.

Let's have no more 'feel good' legislation. Let's talk about tougher penalties or mental health issues and actual ways to keep kids safe. What do you say?

Yes, most people are good. But the indifference I see from some people regarding innocent shooting victims is very discouraging.

Indifference to such a thing would indeed be discouraging. Heart breaking.

Forum List

Back